密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 不去考HKIS有損失嗎?
樓主: jolalee
go

不去考HKIS有損失嗎? [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 15-2-17 18:53 |只看該作者
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

62#
發表於 15-2-17 18:53 |只看該作者
nhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhnhhnmgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfn xfhnfhmnfm cfcgnhb

63#
發表於 15-2-17 18:54 |只看該作者
m bn bn cfh bv bngfbsfdkl/nmvkldbnvkjebvjkjkvbwkvgbwidbvdlvkldnvkdvknkc nc nvkl vkvndnkn klvklcklsn lckl

64#
發表於 15-2-17 18:54 |只看該作者
mhjmm,ghmhmhmhmhmhmgnjgmthhgrghghghghghghghmgrngrnjtrjrghn nmghnmghnm nm

65#
發表於 15-2-17 18:55 |只看該作者
mghmghxdmjrsage4gfnek jkjklgnergqngkfnbnrebmwhbfmbpdfmbrl;hwl;bgm4hoptnmjhopbmbl;mtrgjmh[pmhk[perpgnmdl;svn weriowdjkbvfhbvfhbvfhbvfhbvfhsdiopvefjdiombgjfoeriogfhgfrhgrngnthj

66#
ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgf

67#
gfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffeeeeeeegggwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwty5jku66k66

68#
發表於 15-2-17 18:56 |只看該作者

69#
發表於 15-2-17 18:58 |只看該作者
Someone's baby is playing with his/her computer...

70#
發表於 15-2-17 20:55 |只看該作者
AP qualifications are well recognised by the local Us for admission purpose. Top UK colleges also recognise AP qualifications for admission purpose. AP examinations are taken by around 2.5 million students each. There are about 120,000 to 150,000 students take the IB examinations. Apart from the Gao Kao of the PRC, AP examinations are taken by the greatest number of candidates each year. It is unimaginable that AP results are not recognized.

71#
發表於 15-2-17 23:24 |只看該作者
jolalee 發表於 15-2-17 07:34
However, my husband took a look at the graduates details on the wall and he was not happy with where they were going. Not much professional degrees for those who went to top universities, he said.

Which top universities are you talking about?
If you are talking about universities in the US and Canada, then there are no undergrad professional programs. All medical schools and law schools are post graduate entry. Some universities have the so called pre-med  undergraduate programs, or programs that are considered feeder programs to med school. But these pre-med programs are not a must. In fact, a lot of med school students in the US and Canada were non-science graduates.

72#
發表於 15-2-18 08:09 |只看該作者
回覆 Artie 的帖子

Wow, I didn't know that! Thanks for the info!
I was very clear what field i wanted to get into as a high school student (and it was not law or medicine) so I never researched on that. My husband is Australian and went straight into his own professional degree in Oz so we had no idea! Thank you Artie!

Although I still feel that every child should choose their own career path, I do have a bit of pressure because everyone in my husband's family are doctors or lawyers or scientist of some sort. Personally, I'd be proud if my son chose to become a director or athlete as long as he follows his passion and give it a 100% (while living a balanced life).

73#
發表於 15-2-18 16:47 |只看該作者
Why would you ever consider a school which one of the parent is so much against? For me, this is unthinkable.

74#
發表於 15-2-18 17:37 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 15-2-18 17:38 編輯

回覆 21Ckid 的帖子

My husband is not "much against it", as I have explained in detail in posts #26 & #33. He heard some rumors, than he waved it down without finding out the truth. Like what Fattydaddy said in post #27, he might change his mind and regret the decision later on. I am just doing the research here to give each school a fair examination.

Anyhow we will most probably stick with CDNIS at least until the end of primary for a more relaxed, well rounded childhood. Just wondering, does anyone here know as a fact that, if we fortunately receive an offer now from HKIS but turns it down, would we be 'blacklisted' when we try to apply again in Secondary school years later?

75#
發表於 15-2-18 18:00 |只看該作者
It is difficult to get an answer.

點評

jolalee  I asked today. Nope :)  發表於 15-4-1 19:02

76#
發表於 15-3-30 16:25 |只看該作者
世事如褀局局新。

My son just received the offer from HKIS two hours ago (he was wait listed and we only received the Waitlist notification last Friday). Now we have only until tmr 9am to decide to take the offer or not!

CDNIS & HKIS, same factors as before. How should I choose!!!!?

點評

sh00  congratulations!:)  發表於 15-3-30 19:31

77#
發表於 15-3-30 17:08 |只看該作者

引用:世事如褀局局新。My+son+just+received+the

原帖由 jolalee 於 15-03-30 發表
世事如褀局局新。

My son just received the offer from HKIS two hours ago (he was wait listed and we  ...
Congratulation on your happy struggle. Sure both schools are excellent! I would pick HKIS purely because of its academic results.

78#
發表於 15-3-30 17:09 |只看該作者
回覆 jolalee 的帖子

I might be little off topic here, but I would like to share my thoughts after I have read your post about your views on video games.
I do not like video games either.  But I also strongly believe one can't avoid it forever.  I think when a child is deprived of something, they will be more tempted when they can get their hands on it.  This is just from my observation really.  I've seen children who are not allowed crisps/chocolate/sweets (basically anything unhealthy), but once the child is old enough, she would wolf down anything junk food she can get her hands on.  I have met people who were not allowed TV as a child and now they would watch TV all day even tho there might not be anything interesting showing.

So i'm more into teaching my children self-control.  We as parents can't protect our children forever..  I can only hope I have taught my children the right values when they're young and hope they do not stray too far off when they grow up.  

79#
發表於 15-3-30 17:11 |只看該作者
回覆 jolalee 的帖子

If your primary target is US top uni, go for HKIS.
HKIS has a long history and a well established syllabus. Newer schools will easily have management problems and changing syllabus easily.

80#
發表於 15-3-30 17:47 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+jolalee+的帖子 I+might+be+little+o

原帖由 gatochat 於 15-03-30 發表
回覆 jolalee 的帖子

I might be little off topic here, but I would like to share my thoughts after I ...
I agree that self control is the key. But when children are too young, their brain are not fully developed. External control is needed. This is especially important for kids with ADHD. At the end of the day, I think it is a balance between internal and external control.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題