搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 Oxbridge Applications and Accepts
樓主: odelia_ho
go

Oxbridge Applications and Accepts [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 15-2-2 16:20 |只看該作者
回覆 bristol 的帖子

I have the same feeling as you. UK universities (except Oxbridge and other top U's) like to recruit overseas student. My son applied Edinburgh as a safety university. According to their website, typical offer for his applied subject is IB 37 points. After application submitted for a while, he received Edinburgh's request for him to confirm that his tuition fee status is "overseas". After he confirmed his fee status, he received a conditional offer of IB 34, explicitly stating the condition that this conditional offer is valid if his fee status is "overseas".

42#
發表於 15-2-2 18:49 |只看該作者
回覆 foolish.mom 的帖子

Your son take IB in six form, so this U acceptance point is 37 or 34?

43#
發表於 15-2-2 19:01 |只看該作者
回覆 Sheep006 的帖子

Typical offer is IB 37. But his offer is IB 34, because he will pay tuition fee of overseas student.
Out of 5 universities applied, only Edinburgh's offer deviates much from the "typical offer" published on the university website. Other 4 UK universities (more prestigious ones) give conditional offers at expected IB score as published on their websites.

44#
發表於 15-6-7 18:30 |只看該作者

回覆:foolish.mom 的帖子

I hope you realize that most Scottish universities normally require 4 years at undergrad level whereas English universities only require 3 years. Other things being equal, that is 1/3 more in fees!

45#
發表於 15-6-7 23:15 |只看該作者
回覆 4eyesDad 的帖子

Yes, we were well aware of this fact. In fact, U of Edinburgh has a lot of elective courses to choose from besides the core requirements of the courses related to the major. That's why it needs 4 years to graduate. The academic system is a bit like the universities in HK and US, rather than that in the other parts of UK which just focusing on the courses in the major.

46#
發表於 15-6-9 21:30 |只看該作者

回覆:foolish.mom 的帖子

It sounds as if your kid is not interested in going to Edinburgh. By the way, I do not realize it is possible to receive 5 conditional offers. I thought one can hold no more than 2!

47#
發表於 15-6-9 21:46 |只看該作者
回覆 4eyesDad 的帖子

We can have 5 choices in UCAS. So it's possible to receive 5 conditional offers. But the student needs to choose one firm offer & one insurance offer before the deadline (usually in May or June).
My son didn't choose Edinburgh as firm or insurance.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題