密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF WKS - Play Visit
發新帖
查看: 3582|回覆: 19
go

ESF WKS - Play Visit

發表於 14-12-22 14:31 |顯示全部帖子
I've got play visit invitation for Wu Kai Sha campus in late Jan.  However the letter didnt mention we are in confirmed seat or waiting seat at all.  Unlike Tsing Yi Campus that they invite general for play visit after they sent out offer to priority list, those with invitation will therefore having a high chance to get into ESF Tsing Yi.  It seems that ESF WKS invites both priority list and general all together, and after they interviewed all the kids, those in general may be selected out.  Could anyone please advise how ESF WKS work for the admission procedure?  Many thanks!

發表於 14-12-22 16:28 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:ESF WKS - Play Visit

WKS priority already had their interview last Friday.

發表於 14-12-22 17:11 |顯示全部帖子

How's the play visit? Would you mind to share?

發表於 14-12-22 23:30 |顯示全部帖子

Testing....

發表於 14-12-22 23:37 |顯示全部帖子

There seemed to be a glitch with EK I actually wrote back twice already but it never posted.... Anyway here we go again....

Each child is accompanied by their parents, the child will be given a name tag and assigned to a classroom. The parents and child will then make their way into the classroom, there will be 8-10 children with their parents and two teachers and two EAs. Activities will we on tables or on the floor for the child to play with. The teachers are the ones with the clipboards which has the evaluation form with a child's name pre printed on it. The teacher will come around and see how the parent n child interacts. They will also note down certain things that the kid or the parent may say in English. They are mainly looking to see if the parents n the child are proficient enough in English.

Hope this helps. Good luck!!!

發表於 14-12-23 08:39 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:MrsGM 的帖子

Thanks! Another question, do you think they invite everyone come to play visit? Or they selected some and invite for play visit?

發表於 14-12-23 09:37 |顯示全部帖子

引用:Thanks!+Another+question,+do+you+think+t

原帖由 little-pig-pig 於 14-12-23 發表
Thanks! Another question, do you think they invite everyone come to play visit? Or they selected som ...
Select I think.

發表於 14-12-23 22:46 |顯示全部帖子
oh, if this is the case, it means that I have to talk with my girl in English?

We have cantonese and mandarin as main languages at home. She attended English pg and we planned to send her to international nursery and interest classes as well. She understands and has proper reaction to foreigners at her 16 months. But if the play visit is only about observation of parent-child interaction and English proficiency, then I definitely have to consider changing our strategy.  

發表於 14-12-24 08:00 |顯示全部帖子

引用:oh,+if+this+is+the+case,+it+means+that+I

原帖由 貝珠 於 14-12-23 發表
oh, if this is the case, it means that I have to talk with my girl in English?

We have cantonese an ...
For ESF interviews yes use English to interact with ur child

發表於 14-12-28 00:41 |顯示全部帖子

Does it mean people who gets the play visit has a high chance to get an offer? As long as the kid n the parents r normal?

發表於 14-12-28 11:12 |顯示全部帖子
Really? I suppose every applicant would receive invitation of play visit

發表於 15-1-5 23:21 |顯示全部帖子

Does it mean that we have higher chance..?

發表於 15-1-13 13:23 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Moonlight819 的帖子

I dont think so after I did some research.  I understand there are only 6 K1 classes in coming year, which provide about 140 spots.  Given that about 50 spots have been offered to SB group, so the rest of 90 spots are for outsiders.  Recently checked with the school that several hundreds of candidates have been invited for play visit, so I dont think there is still high chance to get in even received a play visit invitation.

發表於 15-1-16 12:31 |顯示全部帖子

引用:There+seemed+to+be+a+glitch+with+EK+I+ac

原帖由 MrsGM 於 14-12-22 發表
There seemed to be a glitch with EK I actually wrote back twice already but it never posted.... Anyw ...
Hi, may I know if we would be disadvantaged if only one parent is able to attend the play visit with the child? Are both parents interviewed by the teacher during the process? Thanks!

發表於 15-1-16 19:55 |顯示全部帖子

引用:Quote:原帖由+MrsGM+於+14-12-22+發表There

原帖由 pppwong 於 15-01-16 發表
Hi, may I know if we would be disadvantaged if only one parent is able to attend the play visit with ...
We didn't actually get interviewed. The teacher just watched our interaction with our child whilst the child is engaged with an activity and the teacher tried to interact with our child. That's was it. I saw some only came with their mom's but I think it is always better if both parents attend.

發表於 15-1-16 22:21 |顯示全部帖子
But letter of ty esf mentioned that only 1 accompanied parent is allowed for each kid

發表於 15-1-16 23:33 |顯示全部帖子
Saboc 發表於 15-1-16 22:21
But letter of ty esf mentioned that only 1 accompanied parent is allowed for each kid
Assuming both parents attend, they will be split up. One parent will accompany the child to play and chat with the teacher, the other will sit through a presentation given by the Principal. The important part is of course the playing and chatting, the presentation could be attended by a helper / grandparent / relative / friend or simply skipped.

發表於 15-1-23 15:09 |顯示全部帖子

Anyone is aware how many classrooms have been opened for interview for WKS campus?