樓主: babyjk2013
go

學之園pn

發表於 14-10-11 18:06 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:aquasee 的帖子

Pn application starts on 16/10

發表於 14-10-11 23:51 |顯示全部帖子
victoryu19 發表於 14-9-24 15:35
Our son studied there for PN last year but we didn't like it at all.
The material is too difficult ( ...
Is your boy a "small boy" when he studied in LH?  Is he a "big boy" when he is in another KG now?

In my case, my boy studied in an International KG when he was a "small boy".  He repeated in LH as a "big boy".  When he was in the international KG, he was extremely shy and his self-confidence was very low.  His ability was so much behind his classmates that he had much less chance to participate and spoke up in class as compared with his classmates.  He just could not follow the curriculum.

When he repeated in LH, he changed completely.  He became a leader in class.  He gained a lot of self-confidence and he was very happy.  The curriculum was not difficult to him and he participated a lot in class.  We were so amazed about his change during the class observation day in LH.  He developed very well in LH.

In my own story above, I am not saying that the international KG is not good, it's just that my boy was too small at that time and he did not have the ability to follow the curriculum yet.  Being a big boy in LH, it became another story.

發表於 14-10-12 16:57 |顯示全部帖子

引用:Quote:DevilPig+發表於+14-10-6+00:01+How+

原帖由 victoryu19 於 14-10-06 發表
Yell at him, make him stand next to the wall, etc.
We are just very happy that he is out of there no ...
Omg!! I can't accept it if a teacher yell at my girl.. That's something I didn't expect to come from LH..

發表於 14-10-12 19:53 |顯示全部帖子

引用:Quote:sionmisa+發表於+14-10-9+09:42+Does

原帖由 tiffany168168 於 14-10-09 發表
2014/15 PN Application
2014/15 PN application has been closed. Interviews will be held on 14 March  ...
sorry JM i overlooked it is for 14-15. if for next year the other JM is right,  it's not yet opened for application.

發表於 14-10-13 08:13 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:lyhv 的帖子

請問你朋友係邊間學之園?

發表於 14-10-13 09:12 |顯示全部帖子
Pushing information to a kid kills his creatively and problem solving skills and his desire to explore (even if he can learn the stuff when the information is pushed to him).  Learning through play is much better in the long run in my opinion (that's one of the reasons why Chinese people are way ahead in secondary school but westerners become better when research etc is needed in university in my opinion).  When you are used to getting information pushed to you (you will remember and know it but when it is tweaked a little bit then you get lost and don't know what to do), then you lose the ability to be creative and suddenly get lost when instruction is not provided to you (i.e. losing the ability the think and solve problems).

發表於 14-10-13 09:15 |顯示全部帖子
hoihoima 發表於 14-10-11 23:51
Is your boy a "small boy" when he studied in LH?  Is he a "big boy" when he is in another KG now?

I ...
My son was born in June (youngest in class in PN last year and still the youngest in the new school).
And if the teachers spend more time on the older kids because 'it makes their job easier' and 'focus on those kids more to get better results for Primary', then I don't think it is a very good school.

發表於 14-10-13 13:06 |顯示全部帖子
victoryu19 發表於 14-10-13 09:15
My son was born in June (youngest in class in PN last year and still the youngest in the new school) ...
I don't think the teachers spend more time on older kids, but older kids tend to speak up more and participate more proactively in class.