用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF vs Anfield (Sincerely ask, pls help)
發新帖
查看: 2968|回覆: 11
go

ESF vs Anfield (Sincerely ask, pls help) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-7-5 00:06 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My son is now studying in Anfield, I am thinking shall I apply ESF kinder for him as it will have priority for interview in ESF school.  How about if I don't target to ESF, but aiming at other International Schools, should I choose ESF vs Anfield, which will train a better performance for interview? Many thanks!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 14-7-5 09:32 |只看該作者
Hello I duno if I m in the position to reply as my kid is neither in esf nor anfield before. But a few things that u may hv to consider:

1) there is certain requirement for hving the esf primary interview priority (something like u must hv study two terms pior to interview etc), as ur kid is already studying in anfield...so u mean he will apply K1 in 2014/2015? If its 2014, probably its bit late to join the school even they give him a seat later on. If he is going to apply 2015 K1 class, then thats not a problem.

2) do you target on anfield primary as well? If yes, you may hv to find out the % of admission rate from anfield kinder to the primary, then u know which school indeed hv a better chance for ur kid getting promoted to the respective primary school.

3) concerning the competiveness in primary interview later on...i just know that esf kinder is quite famous of its 'play-based' curriculum. If you are targeting those IS that hv high academic requirement, then u probably hv to do extra work on the academic area.

4) last but not least, if i were u ...i will just apply esf and wait for its offer before making final decision :)

3#
發表於 14-7-5 09:35 |只看該作者

回覆:HC-Mum 的帖子

Thx, my boy will join nursery this coming sep, he os playgroup student now. I think I will still apply as no promising they will give me offer anyway.

4#
發表於 14-7-5 09:52 |只看該作者
回覆 little-pig-pig 的帖子

If your child will attend K1 in 2015, then yes, apply to ESF before you make a decision. ESF is more or less lottery based, so it is more based on luck. Given ESF KG has reinstated the priority system, if your target is ESF Primary, then ESF KG is the way to go.

As to preparation for other Int'l Schools, i agree too that Anfield would give you a better edge because IB curriculum is play based. They do not endorse kids holding a pencil at K1 whereas for many IS reception (K2) entry interview (happening while the child is in K1), they will ask the kids to draw pictures. The IB method should be healthier for children, but then the reality is that most school interviews (even IS using the full IB program) tests kids on academic knowledge as well.

At the end of the day, it really depend on your ultimate goal and how confident you are in getting there.

5#
發表於 14-7-5 23:15 |只看該作者
In terms of  writing, I would say that ESF kindergartens do encourage the kids to write and draw everything you like, from K1.
They provide variety kinds of color pens or brushes, to arouse their willing of writing. After K1, my kid can write numbers, her name(almost), and letters.

6#
發表於 14-7-5 23:16 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 luckyveronique 於 14-7-5 23:17 編輯

In terms of  writing, I would say that ESF kindergartens do encourage the kids to write and draw everything you like, from K1.
They provide variety kinds of color pens or brushes, to arouse their willing of writing. After K1, my kid can write numbers, her name(almost), and letters,as well as draw patterns.

7#
發表於 14-7-7 11:09 |只看該作者
回覆 little-pig-pig 的帖子

As a ex-parent of both kindy, i would comment that academically, Anfield curriculum was (I am talking about n year ago) more structured than ESF.

8#
發表於 14-7-7 11:15 |只看該作者

回覆:oooray 的帖子

What do u mean by structure? Could you please elaborate more? Thanks thanks

9#
發表於 14-7-7 11:59 |只看該作者
回覆 little-pig-pig 的帖子

In ESF kindy, children learn through playing. They even have no individual classroom. (They use partition to separate different classes.) Happy School but parents never know how what they have been learning (but they do)
In Anfield, individual classroom. strict (relatively) requirement on children behavior and academic.

10#
發表於 14-7-7 12:08 |只看該作者

回覆:little-pig-pig 的帖子

I think it is because Anfield uses British cirriculum while ESF uses free play/IB nowadays. Anfield is also playbased but teach more academic stuff as compared to ESF. I saw the profolios of the K2 student of Anfield on open day. They wrote many Chinese characters as well as English. Of course the level is never comparable to local kg. I have not seen the profolios of K2 student of ESF. But I guess they dont teach too many solid academic things. IB cirriculum often gives others the impression that they just play. Developmentally ESF kg is more age approriate. Yet HK education system tends to prefer academic strong kids.

11#
發表於 14-7-7 15:10 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 luckyveronique 於 14-7-7 15:12 編輯
oooray 發表於 14-7-7 11:59
回覆 little-pig-pig 的帖子

In ESF kindy, children learn through playing. They even have no individu ...

Are you really a ESF kindy parent? I totally disagree what you said! We do have individual class as well as classroom. As a ESF parent, I clearly know what my kid have been learning about at school!

12#
發表於 14-7-7 17:04 |只看該作者
回覆 luckyveronique 的帖子

I am talking about at least the situation of 3 or 4 years ago. Please do more homework and research before challenging other people.Believe it or not is 100% at your own choice.
I am expressing my own viewpoint and feeling only.
You do not have to agree or disagree my feeling (I did not ask you to agree my viewpoint. Even more, I was not responding your speech)

Glad to hear that you are a ESF kindy parent and you are also an expert to provide 100% correct information about ESF.
Enjoy your chatting.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題