用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 How long does it take for your child to travel from ...
發新帖
查看: 1662|回覆: 10
go

How long does it take for your child to travel from home to school? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-6-4 22:03 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I am currently considering a school which is quite far from where we live. Given my son is only 3, I wonder if 1 hour (door to door, 1 way) travel time will be too much for him. I would appreciate some comments from parents here with similar experience. Many thanks.

1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 14-6-5 08:21 |只看該作者
1 hour door-to-door is quite a lot. For kindergarten age it is best to keep it 1/2 hour door-to-door.

3#
發表於 14-6-5 08:47 |只看該作者

回覆:How long does it take for your child to travel from home to school?

It really depends which kindergarten. If it is train through, I will take the offer even it takes 1hr traveling time.

點評

jolalee  May I ask how old is your own child is and have you started talking him/her to class yourself yet?  發表於 14-6-5 14:10

4#
發表於 14-6-5 09:00 |只看該作者
If it is through train, do consider moving to be closer to the school.

5#
發表於 14-6-5 09:56 |只看該作者
回覆 mummypig 的帖子

Relocation should be the best option. Alternatively, it will be fine if someone (parent will be the best, helper second) accompanies with to and back the school.
Taking one hour school bus for a 3 year old kid is not recommended.

6#
發表於 14-6-5 13:10 |只看該作者

回覆:How long does it take for your child to travel from home to school

I am really struggling here. On one hand, its a through train school, on the other hand, its quite far. Relocation is very complicated (considering property prices, distance from grandparents etc). Our alternative is another school which requires 40min of travelling time, through train, but the secondary school  is even more remote and rather new with very limitted public information on their academic achievement / performance.

I really wonder whether the certainty from getting in a through train school should weigh more, or the well being of a child should come first. The extremely intense competition in this education system has driven many parents to the extremes (including myself). I of course want the best available option for my son, but what is 'the best'? sigh....

7#
發表於 14-6-5 13:37 |只看該作者

引用:I+am+really+struggling+here.+On+one+hand

原帖由 mummypig 於 14-06-05 發表
I am really struggling here. On one hand, its a through train school, on the other hand, its quite f ...
Have you got both offer?

點評

jolalee  Good question. Mummy pig, you won't need to worry about it until you have both offers in your hand. Sometimes the answer becomes clear to you when reality sets in.  發表於 14-6-5 14:08

8#
發表於 14-6-5 15:35 |只看該作者
回覆 mummypig 的帖子

It takes 15 mins from home to school by schoolbus for my child (kindergarten).  I will certainly move closer if it takes more than 40 mins by driving.  Having said that, everyone's acceptability is different and I agree that the reputation of school, costs of properties and proximity to grannies should all be taken into account.
Sweetheartb

9#
發表於 14-6-6 14:19 |只看該作者
my case 40-45min. i drive. my kid naps during the ride. i prefer a long ride because he wouldn't nap otherwise. i won't suggest that if commuting by public transportation or school bus.

10#
發表於 14-6-6 15:13 |只看該作者
My son spent 1 hr each way to a train-through school.  We've been doing that in the past  9  months and we finally had enough and move closer to school.  Now, both parents and kid are happier and yes the property price is rising hence we're just renting it.  

11#
發表於 14-6-6 19:02 |只看該作者
Yes, if you've ever travelled with a small child for a long distance regularly, even on a weekly basis, you'd know why experts recommend kindergarten age children's commute time should be limited to 1/2 hour door-to-door each way. We are renting out our place and rent another one 10 minutes by car from the school.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題