搜索
教育王國 討論區 課外活動 dramatic english音樂劇班?
樓主: orangechoi
go

dramatic english音樂劇班? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 15-2-23 16:06 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Susu922 於 15-2-23 16:11 編輯

Highly recommend Kid's Gallery (HK), Teacher Eric's class -- he is very caring and knows how to teach little ones

At the beginning of the first class, my son (2yr 8 months) refused to enter the classroom on his own and cried a lot, so I was invited to accompany him during that first class. I saw how Teacher Eric interact with those 3-4 year old - he is capable of attending to each kid and guided them to sing and dance and to memorize the lyrics. By the end of that 1 hour class, my son likes Eric already and hugged him before leaving the classroom.

Yesterday when we passed by the school building, my little one pointed at the school and told me "I will go to school next week, I like Teacher Eric's class!" He loves to perform at home the songs taught by Teacher Eric too (currently, the "Frozen" theme - let it go)  

Trial class (at a fee of 280) is available.  We took the trial class and then decided to continue. 8 (or 10? can't remember) classes per term, including one open class i.e., kids will perform in front of their parents. The main theme for the previous term was "Cat in a Hat" and, for the current term, "Frozen - Let it Go".  

Faust is a good school too (hearsay) -- but more freestyle -- if you kid is not the type of automatically following the teacher, he would not learn a lot since the teacher at Faust would not specifically remind him to pay attention.  

22#
發表於 15-2-24 22:39 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+orangechoi+的帖子 I+am+feeling+so+

原帖由 cconan 於 15-02-07 發表
回覆 orangechoi 的帖子

I am feeling so disappoonted about this class.  試堂時,education advisor (wh ...
Which centre, can you tell me pls

23#
發表於 15-2-25 17:14 |只看該作者
Susu922 發表於 15-2-23 16:06
Highly recommend Kid's Gallery (HK), Teacher Eric's class -- he is very caring and knows how to teac ...
Is this a Musical Theatre Junior class?

24#
發表於 15-2-25 18:29 |只看該作者
queenie1985 發表於 15-2-25 17:14
Is this a Musical Theatre Junior class?
It is called Musical Theatre Bronze (can apply for Bronze certification in May each year) - mainly for 3-4 year old kids

They also have Musical Theatra Silver and Gold classes for bigger kids.

25#
發表於 15-2-25 22:09 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:queenie1985+發表於+15-2-25+17:14+I

原帖由 Susu922 於 15-02-25 發表
It is called Musical Theatre Bronze (can apply for Bronze certification in May each year) - mainly f ...
But the kid can join before 3?

26#
發表於 15-2-25 22:54 |只看該作者
My son did the trial class (for 3-4 yr old) at 2 yr and 8 months in the middle of a school term (Nov-Dec) -- I was actually planning to sign him up for the next term (Jan-Feb) or the term thereafter (Mar-Apr), but he really liked the teacher and enjoyed the trial class, and Teacher Erico thought this little boy may be able to make it, so we stayed...my son will turn 3 soon any way

The school usually doesn't recommend attending class below the required age

In my boy's class, most kids are between 3 and 4, and some are a bit older (4-5). Weekend class has more kids (around 10-12?), weekday classes at good times are usually fully booked in advance too. We attend weekday afternoon class (once a week), there would only be 5-8 kids in each class - less kids, more attention from the teacher.

Weekends at Kids Gallery are really crowded....hard to stand that...

27#
發表於 15-2-25 23:56 |只看該作者
多说几句。这个老师我最欣赏的一点是给每个小朋友关注,非常耐心,总是带着笑容,弹一手好钢琴。我家仔仔参加试听课时,同班有一个5岁的小男孩(比别的孩子都高一头),但淘气的出奇,走来走去停不下来,有时还一个人在地上打滚。老师上课时会经常提醒这个男孩子,把他“唤”回来,别的小朋友在老师对面坐一排,这个男孩子自己在教室里跑来跑去,老师会暂停,要求他搬着椅子坐到老师身边。轮流上台练习时,男孩不肯上,老师不强迫,让别的孩子先做,但稍后会再给他机会。不会因为哪个孩子淘气神游而忽略他。

我家仔仔第一节课扭计,但只要他表现出一点点的配合,老师都会及时给他肯定和鼓励,跟他hi five。起初仔仔不肯hi five,这个老师一堂课试了好几次都未果,但老师当时很有信心很认真地对仔仔说:“没关系,我在这节课结束前一定会拿到你的hi five”。仔仔在试听课上观察了别的小朋友的表演,下半节课时慢慢地自己也肯上台了。试听课结束后,老师跟着仔仔出教室,跟我大致交谈后最后一次提议与小朋友hi five,小朋友笑着hi five,拥抱告别,老师大笑:“i knew it!” 现在这位老师已经成了仔仔最喜欢的老师之一。

窃以为,老师比学校重要。对于好动的小朋友而言,好老师教授的musical theatre课程对他们而言应是很好的秩序训练,因为需要独自或者和别的小朋友一起站定定在小舞台上,唱歌,做指定动作。

28#
發表於 15-2-26 07:37 |只看該作者

引用:多说几句。这个老师我最欣赏的一点是给每个

原帖由 Susu922 於 15-02-25 發表
多说几句。这个老师我最欣赏的一点是给每个小朋友关注,非常耐心,总是带着笑容,弹一手好钢琴。我家仔仔参 ...
Many thanks for your advice!my kid is w.5 year old and i am thinking of kids gallery recently……i will definitely have a trial class then.....which centre is teacher eric in?hk or kln side?

29#
發表於 15-2-26 07:38 |只看該作者

回覆:dramatic english音樂劇班

2.5 yr old

30#
發表於 15-2-26 10:40 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Susu922 於 15-2-26 11:01 編輯

HK side, location is close to central (up the hill a bit, not far away from the tram station, and is located just to the opposite of 动植物公园).  The location is not very convenient though, there is 12A bus from the Admiralty MTR (10-15 minutes?) and can walk up the hill from Central MTR (takes 20 minutes).  
There are several playgroups (including the great My Gym) and one of the best 四川菜(三希楼)in HK in the same building:) So it will be really crowded on Sat.

You may check out their website for the exact location, profile of Teacher Enrico Narvaez (oh, I thought he is "Eric", but should be "Enrico") and class schedules.  Ask the reception which days and times do Enrico teach and you may choose a trial class slot to the extent available. There are Musical Theatre Bronze classes taught by other teachers too.

2.5 is still young, you may want to wait for a few more months before attending the trial class - but you can contact them earlier to set the date of the trial class first - preferably the first day of each term (as opposed to in the middle of a term), so if your kid likes it, he is starting from day 1 of that term.

Hope the information helps.

31#
發表於 15-2-27 16:10 |只看該作者
Susu922 發表於 15-2-26 10:40
HK side, location is close to central (up the hill a bit, not far away from the tram station, and is ...
Yes I will wait for a few more months. I can only do it on Sat and I am afraid there will be a long waiting list (hearsay). That's why I want to make the call earlier.

32#
發表於 15-2-28 23:20 |只看該作者
queenie1985 發表於 15-2-27 16:10
Yes I will wait for a few more months. I can only do it on Sat and I am afraid there will be a long  ...

Hope your boy will enjoy it:) The theme for next term (March-April) will be Tarzan, beginning next week.

Sat class may have a full house, but good thing is the open class will be on Sat too, so working parents will be able to make it for sure.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題