教育王國 討論區 國際學校 提昇就讀IS孩子對中文的興趣
樓主: jolalee
go

提昇就讀IS孩子對中文的興趣 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 14-11-6 07:15 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 14-11-6 23:12 編輯

回覆 cct0206 的帖子

謝謝你。他現在上蒙特梭利的普通話班 (因為轉龍校前他一直是蒙記教出來的, 上蒙記普通話較有歸屬感), 老師們常説他肯講,只是口音帶廣東話 老師們在更正中,問題也不大。國際學校用普通話教學,始終對説粵語的家庭是隔了一度。

至於本地學校的小朋友,他接獨的確較少,我什至要在BK內找同區本地小朋友play date, 但作用不大。他有個表哥讀LS的,大家也很合得來,可惜住得較遠。幸好我們現在住的還未算鬼佬區,落街到公園也有不少小朋友説中文,算係平日玩有些「人」氣吧!

的確,我沒有選ESF 也是這個原因。雖然只是差一年時間,但黃金期過得很快,的確是分秒必爭。如果孩子上一年(k1)已進IS龍校的話, 我相信他現在的中文會更加地道。

很高興,孩子現在很迷西遊記。下星期他生日可以在學校分享一本書,他二話不說便拿了西遊記譮本出來!可惜我普通話不靈光,未能在班內讀出來。他叫我把它翻為英文share, 這下了真是難倒了媽媽! (英文版我相信不難找吧,但些中華精髓怎麼翻也不是味兒。定海神針、九九八十一却⋯⋯ 可能這次真的要教他,中文是不可取替的 )

To fatty daddy: haha, kingpin. 給你笑死了!I asked my son about 定海神針's translation this morning, he said water stopper... or something along the line. LOL

點評

FattyDaddy  定海神針 = kingpin?   發表於 14-11-6 12:37

82#
發表於 14-11-11 21:20 |只看該作者

回覆:提昇就讀IS孩子對中文的興趣

We are a Cantonese speaking family but currently we are speaking English with my two year old daughter. My daughter can understand most Cantonese cos we speak Cantonese among ourselves. We attended English playgroup. My daughter spoke English most of the time but sometimes with mix with a few Cantonese term eg 吾要,呢個。
My plan is once a IS place is secured, we will switch back to Cantonese ASAP. Many of my friends did then and work well and most of their kids speak bilingual fluently

點評

jolalee  through-train soon!  發表於 14-11-11 21:34
jolalee  Hope you'd get into through-t   發表於 14-11-11 21:33

83#
發表於 14-11-11 22:29 |只看該作者

引用:We+are+a+Cantonese+speaking+family+but+c

原帖由 964000 於 14-11-11 發表
We are a Cantonese speaking family but currently we are speaking English with my two year old daught ...
我都問下幾時可以switch back to cantonese.  因為k1 最多都係3or 4 hrs,  足夠嗎? 定要等到番全日先可以switch?

84#
發表於 14-11-11 22:49 |只看該作者

回覆:GabGabGab 的帖子

I think I will switch back to Cantonese at around 4-5yr old or earlier if a through train school can be secured at k1. Maybe we can do it stepwisely, first daddy switches to Cantonese, thenI will switch at a later stage. We have Cantonese speaking cousins too(some studied in ESF)

85#
發表於 14-11-11 23:25 |只看該作者
回覆 964000 的帖子

Both daddy AND mommy need to switch back to Chinese? You mean both of you are speaking to the child in English right now? That would be really tough for the child to relearn Chinese later on!

For my family my husband was always doing Chinese and i was doing English. I only switched totally back to Chinese after my son got into a through-train English medium school. My son always speaks to my husband in Chinese by common practice but sometimes he still speak to me in English, simply because he knows i can speak both, so he uses whichever is more convenient for himself, which is not a good thing. Fortunately when i enforce Chinese he would comply; can't say the same for all children though...

86#
發表於 14-11-11 23:29 |只看該作者
回覆 GabGabGab 的帖子

If the child is in a through-train school, he will learn English communication eventually, so just focus on the Chinese. Once he is in school full day, he may refuse to speak to you in Chinese.

If the child is in ESF, then sorry, you must continue with English until the child gets into P1.

87#
發表於 14-11-12 00:40 |只看該作者
jolalee 發表於 14-11-11 23:25
回覆 964000 的帖子

Both daddy AND mommy need to switch back to Chinese? You mean both of you are sp ...
Maybe my concern is that her english is not good enough to get a place in the IS at this moment.For cantonese, I think she has adequate exposure in her daily life. We spoke cantonese among ourselves, with our cousins, with grandparents, with most other people we come across. Actually when there is third party around who speak cantonese, I will speak to my daughter in cantonese too.
So far she learned most of her vocabulary in english, but she will acquire terms like "呢個,個個,吾要,妹妹,姐姐etc “automatically.
My niece also use this approach and their parents switched to cantonese at 5 years old. She has no problem in speaking and listening but no interest in reading and writing of course ( she studied in ESF).
But I would take your advice and reconsider maybe I should ask my husband to speak to her in cantonese from now on?

88#
發表於 14-11-13 17:36 |只看該作者

回覆:提昇就讀IS孩子對中文的興趣

我和女兒一起看“爸爸去哪兒”,我覺得很不錯,首先内容有趣,主角們是3~7歲小朋友,他們的談話内容比較淺易,和她在學校學到的相似。

點評

jolalee  Thx for sharing!  發表於 14-11-13 22:54

89#
發表於 14-11-13 23:11 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 15-3-3 17:08 編輯

回覆 964000 的帖子

I guess it really depends on the family, although one language per parent has always been the golden rule for babies (to promote bilingualism). When my son was younger, our friends & neighbours tend to be English speaking. Now I am desperately looking for Chinese speaking friends for my son, as fellow parents here has reminded me the importance of peer influences.

As for reading and writing, do start to read to your child as early as possible, and in both languages. I think when my son was younger and I was still speaking to him mainly in English, I was already reading to him in Chinese as well (since my husband cannot read in Chinese). It may sound odd but books can really cross many borders, and we are still reading in both languages comfortably today ;)

90#
發表於 14-11-13 23:16 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+964000+的帖子 I+guess+it+really+de

原帖由 jolalee 於 14-11-13 發表
回覆 964000 的帖子

I guess it really depends on the family, although one language per parent has al ...
Thanks u remind me on the reading part, I should start reading some Chinese books. Concerning speaking and listening, u may also consider TV. All my friends from Malaysia speaks fairly good Cantonese just by watching TVB serials

91#
發表於 14-11-13 23:55 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 14-11-14 08:38 編輯

回覆 964000 的帖子

There's an age appropriateness to TV watching:
Before age 2, as per the recommendation of the Amercian pediatric association and 香港衛生署, the totals hours of screen time should be ZERO. (Ppl I know with kids having speech delay usually has the TV on at home in the background)

Between age 3-5, no more than 1/2 to 1 hour of screen time per day. (My son watches much less, maybe two hours a week)

After age 5 the jury is out, and TV watching could be useful if it has the right content. Anyhow, do ensure the child has adequate exercises, outdoors exposures & social interactions.

A little trick I do: given the Chinese cartoons are usually not very attractive, I intentionally showed my boy Disney movies, including 'Cars' and 'Planes', in cantonese. It does work ;) When playing with his trucks, he would create conversations between vehicles in CHINESE!! :D
‹ 上一主題|下一主題