搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Vic am (kh) vs York 1130 class
發新帖
查看: 1636|回覆: 16
go

Vic am (kh) vs York 1130 class [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-3-31 13:19 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
In terms of primary allocation (local schools), which one would you prefer?

1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 14-3-31 13:47 |只看該作者

回覆:Vic am (kh) vs York 1130 class

I get similar dilemma now. my case is Vic harbour green pm Vs York pm.

3#
發表於 14-3-31 14:22 |只看該作者
Actually I personally prefer Vic because of the location and the kind and nice attitudes of the teachers and principal.  I also learned a lot from the parent seminar arranged by the chief principal of VEO..., and I also believe that Vic had done really well on making their students love to learn.

But the only concern is that I am aiming on local primary schools and afraid my child will have disadvantage if she graduate from an IB kindergarten

4#
發表於 14-3-31 14:26 |只看該作者

回覆:Twenty_20 的帖子

Like most parents said, aside from the school, parents have to put a lot of efforts on the kids if you are aiming for the top schools. Cannot just reply on the school. I think what's most important for the school is to inspire the kids to love to learn and thinking.

5#
發表於 14-3-31 14:52 |只看該作者

In terms of school hours,  Vic is better,  in terms of reputation,  Vic is better,  in terms of P1 allocation,  similar,  in terms of school enviroment,  York is better... both are good school but it seems that Vic is a bit better in general...

6#
發表於 14-3-31 22:45 |只看該作者

Hi classmate, nice to meet u. I think Victoria is better as it provides all rounded education, not just excel
In academics.  York seems very commercial.. It's just my personal opinion.. But, I like their campus as it's bigger, and that it has an outdoor playground.

7#
發表於 14-4-1 01:03 |只看該作者
Thank you all for your comments:)
Adalyho, I totally agree with you that inspiring a child's self motivation and enthusiasum in learning is far more important than good academics results during the kindergarten stage. I believe that this is what Vic is aiming for.
My husband and I were happy (to death... Haha) and also worry after receiving the offer from Vic because we were afraid of making wrong decision for our child... You know, if you have choices, things will always become more complicated... But after cooling down and discussions, I think Vic would surely fits our expectation^^

For York, I think that it is a good school too as I was very impressed by their interview arrangement and the briefing hosted by the principal. I am fond of their phonics teaching method and also believe that the Cambridge young learner's test will surely be an advantage for their students. It is a difficult decision to give up the offer...

Hi jemima, looking forward to seeing you and your child in Vic^^

8#
發表於 14-4-1 07:25 |只看該作者

Cambridge test? Are you talking about the starter, mover and flyer test? I saw in York website the average scores of starter is 11 shields?  Actually if you want to put in the portfolio, you will need 14 or 15.  As a Vic parent, I know some classmates took the Cambridge test by themselves, self train by parents, all got 14 or 15 shields.

Vic is a good school.  But no matter where you want to put your kids in, you will need extra tuition (by you or outside) if you aim for elite schools.  This is the conclusion I made after knowing kids studying in different schools, like Vic, sc, kv, LH, Ming wai, true light etc

9#
發表於 14-4-1 13:00 |只看該作者

I also got vic am and york am offer...but the vic i got is hmt! I agree that there maybe some hesitations to pick victoria as it is an IB school (i target on local primary school)...but i think it worths as it really provides a good environment for kids to build up both language skills and interest to learn!
I took the interview on vic normal school day...and saw the kids were very obedient without guidance when they were having free time to play! That really impressed me!
I would like to try the pn in vic....if everything is alright and my baby loves it, i may let her continue to study till k3! =]

10#
發表於 14-4-1 13:01 |只看該作者

I also got vic am and york am offer...but the vic i got is hmt! I agree that there maybe some hesitations to pick victoria as it is an IB school (i target on local primary school)...but i think it worths as it really provides a good environment for kids to build up both language skills and interest to learn!
I took the interview on vic normal school day...and saw the kids were very obedient without guidance when they were having free time to play! That really impressed me!
I would like to try the pn in vic....if everything is alright and my baby loves it, i may let her continue to study till k3! =]

11#
發表於 14-4-1 13:05 |只看該作者

回覆:sfly97 的帖子

I will take Vic offer and I am willing to spend money on extra curriculum but what kind of extra curriculum we are talking about? English, math etc? I really have no idea and hope to get some insight from  you all experienced parents! Many thx

12#
發表於 14-4-1 18:06 |只看該作者

引用:I+will+take+Vic+offer+and+I+am+willing+t

原帖由 adalyho 於 14-04-01 發表
I will take Vic offer and I am willing to spend money on extra curriculum but what kind of extra cur ...
Don't worry too much about extra classes outside of achool.  There won't be a lot of homework in PN and it is honeymoon year for the students and parents to settle into proper school life.

Take the opportunity to set up daily healthy routine.for your baby to follow.  Encourage her to pack her own school bag and check for homework and or notices everyday.  Make it her own responsibility to get herself ready for school.  Victoria respects each kid a valuable individual, as opposed to little beasts needing to be pushed, beaten up and trained.  It is up to the child to learn and flourish.   

Try to chat with her about things she did in school everyday so as to find out what she learnt.  There isn't textbooks or weekly syllabus for you to refernece to so in order to keep abreast of what was taught you need communications with your child.

Mine is in K1 this year, more homework more reading assignments and still there won't be textbooks.  What i find is, they do learn quite a lot from achool activities and by asking them about school, you help them recall the events and thereby 温習了。

So far so good for my child, effortless effective learning.  Good luck!

13#
發表於 14-4-1 18:42 |只看該作者

回覆:picture 的帖子

You won't have textbooks except the mandarin ones.  

K1 in Vic is very easy.  K2 is a bit more difficult and k3 they have a lot to do in order to have a smooth transaction to local p1!

14#
發表於 14-4-1 18:48 |只看該作者

回覆:adalyho 的帖子

It really depends on your expectations. Some ppl will not have tuition outside at all but some will.  Mostly focus on Chinese I guess because it's more difficult to learn. For English and putonghua, I think the students are mostly good at them and I rarely hear ppl will have tuition on those subjects.

Usually Vic parents like to send them to learn drawing, piano, ballet, jazz, swim etc

15#
發表於 14-4-1 18:54 |只看該作者

回覆:sfly97 的帖子

Many thanks for the useful information!

16#
發表於 14-4-1 18:54 |只看該作者

回覆:picture 的帖子

Thank you!!

17#
發表於 14-4-2 01:34 |只看該作者
回覆 sfly97 的帖子

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Before reading your post, I was not aware that we could take the Cambridge test by ourselves... I think it is not easy to get 14 to 15 shields! Those are really smart students👍
‹ 上一主題|下一主題