用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 備戰大學 今年 HKU LLB 對IB 生的 offer 是否比往年收緊了? ...
發新帖
查看: 19019|回覆: 8
go

今年 HKU LLB 對IB 生的 offer 是否比往年收緊了?  

發表於 14-1-5 22:22 |顯示全部帖子
I am not surprised with the offer of 38/42 because of the limited spaces for NJ applicants.

發表於 14-1-6 11:10 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 kym 的帖子

My son had 4 LLB offers from UK colleges but not from HKU in the year of 2007.

發表於 14-1-6 11:21 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 kym 的帖子

My son told me that in recent years, the international law firms tend to employ more LLB graduates from HKU as trainees because they have better foundation in Chinese. Unless you come from Oxbridge, LSE or UCL (with 2:1 or above), the overseas graduates face very strong competition from the HKU, CU or CityU, both LLB and JD graduates in the employment market.
If I were you, I would pay the deposit first unless your son does not want to study in Hong Kong.

發表於 14-1-8 09:22 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 WYmom 的帖子

I would have thought that the offer from CU  might be a bit less. Last year my friend's son' offer from HKU was 41 and from CU was 38. CityU' offer was 36.

發表於 14-3-27 12:12 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 kym 的帖子

Is it "easy" to obtain a "5" or above in Higher Level English?
Is it difficult to obtain 40/45?

It looks that the offer is quite demanding.

發表於 14-3-28 17:32 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 kym 的帖子

Yes, it appears that it is more demanding in recent years.
My friend's son obtained an offer of LLB from the 3 law schools in Hong Kong in 2012:

CityU: 36/45

CU: 39/45

HKU 41/45

發表於 14-4-5 01:33 |顯示全部帖子
As a matter of insurance, I would pay the deposit to CU.

發表於 14-4-12 10:56 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Cayenne 的帖子

I have the following observations:

香港的留位費唔慳得.
(Totally agree with you).

如果要用金錢去衡量, 最好將眼光放到最遠. 試想, 今日的一萬元, 和令千金他日學業有成, 事業有成, 一生積累的金錢回報來比較, 是微不足道. 一間 'Magic Circle' 給 2nd year 的法律學生做 summer intern 的週薪  , 也有 6千元/week. (當然 , 這些 intern post 競爭也十分大.)[Is it a norm or just several firms make such generous offer? According to my son who had interned in several international firms, the highest is $15,000 per month.]

要十分小心考慮報讀在蘇格蘭的大學 (eg Edinburgh).  

很少港人知道, 蘇格蘭並非行香港的普通法, 而是近似歐洲的大陸法. 即是, 讀完之後,  回港執業 (跟隨英格蘭行普通法) 的機會, 微乎其微, 因為現今香港律師入行的門檻, 不是入大學法律學院, 而是 PCLL. 而PCLL 只接受修讀普通法的法律學位持有人伸請.[According to the requirements set out in the webpage of the universities, you need to have an LLB degree which should cover all the core subjects and the top up subjects. If your degree does not cover all the core subjects, you need to pass the conversion examination, In other words, if the LLB from Edinburgh does not cover all the core subjects {which I do not have any knowledge], the graduates can apply to PCLL if he takes the conversion examinations and gets passes on them.

在英國的 一級法學院畢業, 回港入大行 ( Magic Circle / Silver Circle / City Firms etc ) 有一定優勢, 大前提當然是成績要好 ( 1st Class honour / High 2:1, 這點非常重要 ! ).[Totally agree. However, if you have a 1st class honor /High 2:1 LLB granted by HKU or CU, you still have edges.] 還有, 可慳番一年, 因英國大學是 3 年制.  雖然香港有個 Conversion Exam 去攔阻他們 ( 留英法律生要另外自行修讀本港獨有法律 , 如基本法, 要考試合格才可報 PCLL), 但留英尖子們多數在寒假暑假自修應考, 所以在英國 3 年畢業就可回港報讀 PCLL, 反而留港學生, 要讀足 4 年 [Totally agree. top students can usually complete the conversion examinations by the time they graduated from the LLB course.].

發表於 14-4-13 01:27 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Cayenne 的帖子

Thanks for your sharing.