用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 備戰大學 今年 HKU LLB 對IB 生的 offer 是否比往年收緊了? ...
樓主: kym
go

今年 HKU LLB 對IB 生的 offer 是否比往年收緊了?   [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 14-4-5 12:08 |只看該作者
ANChan59 發表於 14-4-5 11:21
除非你決定下在香港讀,不然,冇得慳!
我去年重差少少時間,侷住科大交了半年學費!
交了有得退嗎?

82#
發表於 14-4-5 14:57 |只看該作者
kym 發表於 14-4-5 12:08
交了有得退嗎?
當捐咗俾科大!

點評

changin    發表於 14-4-5 19:19
王家爸爸    發表於 14-4-5 15:47
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

83#
發表於 14-4-6 00:06 |只看該作者

回覆:ANChan59 的帖子

咁最後入咗邊度?八卦問下

上主是我的牧者, 我實在是一無所缺。
祂使我臥在青綠的草場, 又領我走近幽靜的水旁,
還使我的心靈得到舒暢。
祂為了自己名號的原由, 領我踏上了正義的坦途.....
祢的牧杖和短棒, 是我的安慰舒暢.......
在我一生的歲月裡, 幸福與慈愛常隨不離,
我將住在上主的殿裡, 直至悠遠的時日。

84#
發表於 14-4-6 00:09 |只看該作者
beaclem 發表於 14-4-6 00:06
咁最後入咗邊度?八卦問下
CUHK QFin

85#
發表於 14-4-6 00:28 |只看該作者

回覆:ANChan59 的帖子

Very good offer

上主是我的牧者, 我實在是一無所缺。
祂使我臥在青綠的草場, 又領我走近幽靜的水旁,
還使我的心靈得到舒暢。
祢的牧杖和短棒, 是我的安慰舒暢.......
在我一生的歲月裡, 幸福與慈愛常隨不離,
我將住在上主的殿裡, 直至悠遠的時日。

86#
發表於 14-4-6 13:00 |只看該作者

回覆:今年 HKU LLB 對IB 生的 offer 是否比往年收緊了

我都捐咗一萬比科大,未能决定時係唔慳得。其實都會肉痛的。

87#
發表於 14-4-6 21:33 |只看該作者
beaclem 發表於 14-4-4 22:57
急!想問下已有Endingburgh 同Bistrol 收我女,中大都收但要14/4 交留位費1萬,交唔交留位費好?讀law

香港的留位費唔慳得.

如果要用金錢去衡量, 最好將眼光放到最遠. 試想, 今日的一萬元, 和令千金他日學業有成, 事業有成, 一生積累的金錢回報來比較, 是微不足道. 一間 'Magic Circle' 給 2nd year 的法律學生做 summer intern 的週薪  , 也有 6千元/week. (當然 , 這些 intern post 競爭也十分大.)

要十分小心考慮報讀在蘇格蘭的大學 (eg Edinburgh).  

很少港人知道, 蘇格蘭並非行香港的普通法, 而是近似歐洲的大陸法. 即是, 讀完之後,  回港執業 (跟隨英格蘭行普通法) 的機會, 微乎其微, 因為現今香港律師入行的門檻, 不是入大學法律學院, 而是 PCLL. 而PCLL 只接受修讀普通法的法律學位持有人伸請.

在英國的 一級法學院畢業, 回港入大行 ( Magic Circle / Silver Circle / City Firms etc ) 有一定優勢, 大前提當然是成績要好 ( 1st Class honour / High 2:1, 這點非常重要 ! ). 還有, 可慳番一年, 因英國大學是 3 年制.  雖然香港有個 Conversion Exam 去攔阻他們 ( 留英法律生要另外自行修讀本港獨有法律 , 如基本法, 要考試合格才可報 PCLL), 但留英尖子們多數在寒假暑假自修應考, 所以在英國 3 年畢業就可回港報讀 PCLL, 反而留港學生, 要讀足 4 年 .

Best of Luck to your daughter !

88#
發表於 14-4-7 11:18 |只看該作者

回覆:Cayenne 的帖子

Thanks a lot. I will consider it seriously.

上主是我的牧者, 我實在是一無所缺。
祂使我臥在青綠的草場, 又領我走近幽靜的水旁,
還使我的心靈得到舒暢。
祢的牧杖和短棒, 是我的安慰舒暢.......
在我一生的歲月裡, 幸福與慈愛常隨不離,
我將住在上主的殿裡, 直至悠遠的時日。

89#
發表於 14-4-7 11:28 |只看該作者

Dear Cayenne, pls check PM, thanks

上主是我的牧者, 我實在是一無所缺。
祂使我臥在青綠的草場, 又領我走近幽靜的水旁,
還使我的心靈得到舒暢。
祢的牧杖和短棒, 是我的安慰舒暢.......
在我一生的歲月裡, 幸福與慈愛常隨不離,
我將住在上主的殿裡, 直至悠遠的時日。

90#
發表於 14-4-11 20:21 |只看該作者

Dear Cayenne,

Please check PM again, Thank you

上主是我的牧者, 我實在是一無所缺。
祂使我臥在青綠的草場, 又領我走近幽靜的水旁,
還使我的心靈得到舒暢。
祢的牧杖和短棒, 是我的安慰舒暢.......
在我一生的歲月裡, 幸福與慈愛常隨不離,
我將住在上主的殿裡, 直至悠遠的時日。

91#
發表於 14-4-12 10:56 |只看該作者
回覆 Cayenne 的帖子

I have the following observations:

香港的留位費唔慳得.
(Totally agree with you).

如果要用金錢去衡量, 最好將眼光放到最遠. 試想, 今日的一萬元, 和令千金他日學業有成, 事業有成, 一生積累的金錢回報來比較, 是微不足道. 一間 'Magic Circle' 給 2nd year 的法律學生做 summer intern 的週薪  , 也有 6千元/week. (當然 , 這些 intern post 競爭也十分大.)[Is it a norm or just several firms make such generous offer? According to my son who had interned in several international firms, the highest is $15,000 per month.]

要十分小心考慮報讀在蘇格蘭的大學 (eg Edinburgh).  

很少港人知道, 蘇格蘭並非行香港的普通法, 而是近似歐洲的大陸法. 即是, 讀完之後,  回港執業 (跟隨英格蘭行普通法) 的機會, 微乎其微, 因為現今香港律師入行的門檻, 不是入大學法律學院, 而是 PCLL. 而PCLL 只接受修讀普通法的法律學位持有人伸請.[According to the requirements set out in the webpage of the universities, you need to have an LLB degree which should cover all the core subjects and the top up subjects. If your degree does not cover all the core subjects, you need to pass the conversion examination, In other words, if the LLB from Edinburgh does not cover all the core subjects {which I do not have any knowledge], the graduates can apply to PCLL if he takes the conversion examinations and gets passes on them.

在英國的 一級法學院畢業, 回港入大行 ( Magic Circle / Silver Circle / City Firms etc ) 有一定優勢, 大前提當然是成績要好 ( 1st Class honour / High 2:1, 這點非常重要 ! ).[Totally agree. However, if you have a 1st class honor /High 2:1 LLB granted by HKU or CU, you still have edges.] 還有, 可慳番一年, 因英國大學是 3 年制.  雖然香港有個 Conversion Exam 去攔阻他們 ( 留英法律生要另外自行修讀本港獨有法律 , 如基本法, 要考試合格才可報 PCLL), 但留英尖子們多數在寒假暑假自修應考, 所以在英國 3 年畢業就可回港報讀 PCLL, 反而留港學生, 要讀足 4 年 [Totally agree. top students can usually complete the conversion examinations by the time they graduated from the LLB course.].

92#
發表於 14-4-12 17:06 |只看該作者
聽說現今大行prefer聘用本地law畢業生,因貪其中文程度稍高。

93#
發表於 14-4-12 21:33 |只看該作者

引用:聽說現今大行prefer聘用本地law畢業生,因

原帖由 Norwood 於 14-04-12 發表
聽說現今大行prefer聘用本地law畢業生,因貪其中文程度稍高。
Make sense.

94#
發表於 14-4-12 22:22 |只看該作者

回覆:Shootastar 的帖子

唉,我明! 亦已交了中大留位費,但自問小女真係唔係top student,佢自己好想去英國讀書,但又唔想勤力,所以而家重諗緊係邊度讀

上主是我的牧者, 我實在是一無所缺。
祂使我臥在青綠的草場, 又領我走近幽靜的水旁,
還使我的心靈得到舒暢。
祢的牧杖和短棒, 是我的安慰舒暢.......
在我一生的歲月裡, 幸福與慈愛常隨不離,
我將住在上主的殿裡, 直至悠遠的時日。

95#
發表於 14-4-12 23:55 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Cayenne 於 14-4-13 00:09 編輯
Shootastar 發表於 14-4-12 10:56
回覆 Cayenne 的帖子

I have the following observations:

>>>Is it a norm or just several firms make such generous offer? According to my son who had interned in several international firms, the highest is $15,000 per month.<<<

As mentioned , such generous salary for a lowly summer intern only occurs in the rarified stratosphere of Magic Circle and certain American firms, and not even all Magic Circle firms offer such kind of salary.
Having said that, it is amazing that despite paying good money they often cannot find good enough candidates to fill the post.

>>>
According to the requirements set out in the webpage of the universities, you need to have an LLB degree which should cover all the core subjects and the top up subjects. If your degree does not cover all the core subjects, you need to pass the conversion examination, In other words, if the LLB from Edinburgh does not cover all the core subjects {which I do not have any knowledge], the graduates can apply to PCLL if he takes the conversion examinations and gets passes on them.<<<

Yes the HK Law Society classified the Scottish system as a common law jurisdiction as far as foreign lawyers intending to practice in HK is concerned. But whether the law deans responsible for PCLL admission wholeheartedly think that way, I have no idea and I won't encourage my kids to find out.

>>>
在英國的 一級法學院畢業, 回港入大行 ( Magic Circle / Silver Circle / City Firms etc ) 有一定優勢, 大前提當然是成績要好 ( 1st Class honour / High 2:1, 這點非常重要 ! ).[Totally agree. However, if you have a 1st class honor /High 2:1 LLB granted by HKU or CU, you still have edges.<<<

Agree.
Having a good degree from a good university is just one of the first things to keep the HR from throwing the candidate's application into the dustbin ( or the electronic equivalent thereof). What come next is the proficiency in the languages, the candidate's  world view and  his/her commerical sense, his dedication to his calling, his ability to work under stress , his resilience and his sense of responsibility etc etc. Sadly speaking, these days such qualities  are getting hard to find.

I think if more local grads are getting offers from top international firms recently, its because of the JD programme offered by the local universities.

96#
發表於 14-4-13 01:27 |只看該作者
回覆 Cayenne 的帖子

Thanks for your sharing.

97#
發表於 14-5-7 22:09 |只看該作者
我都捐咗一萬比科大

98#
發表於 14-5-7 23:23 |只看該作者

引用:我都捐咗一萬比科大

原帖由 Tone 於 14-05-07 發表
我都捐咗一萬比科大