搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 Tonbridge 的 conditional offer 捖笨
樓主: Choisumwong
go

Tonbridge 的 conditional offer 捖笨 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 14-1-5 07:32 |只看該作者
回覆 Ruby1219 的帖子

Ruby,This is the first time I have heard of this, so I don't have any inside info!
But it is true that students from certain HK schools do congregate at certain UK schools - eg CLC has a high proportion of DGS girls for as long as I remember! This is partly because in years past, HK LS parents don"t have much connection in the UK so they get their info from other parents in their network (no Internet in those days). As these students performed well so the UK school built up confidence and developed preference to students from that HK school, it is only natural.
Tonbridge, in the past, took in a lot of SPCC boys, though their numbers are not so dominant these days with DBS & LS boys also getting a foothold in there. I don"t think it is right to set different entrance papers to different students, but at the end of the day, it is a misconception that schools only take those with highest marks in the exams. UK schools, & unis as well, frequently look at what else the student may contribute to school life other than academic excellence. Perhaps IS students are too similar to the UK students and they want different characteristics to compliment the student mix?

22#
發表於 14-1-5 11:11 |只看該作者
The reason that I was angry is that '  I am delighted to able to offer him a boarding place for entry to Tonbridge in September 2014, conditional upon his PASSING his entrance examination' from the Headmaster's letter.
This is completely dishonest !!

23#
發表於 14-1-5 11:50 |只看該作者
I would feel much better if ' I am delighted to be able to offer a boarding place  in September 2014 upon SATISFACTORY performance in entrance examination.'

24#
發表於 14-1-5 13:10 |只看該作者
香港的三大,現在對本地國際學校學生的水平係絕對的認同,英美加澳很多名牌大學,亦不會歧視香港的國際學校學生,部份名牌大學甚至很喜歡收香港的國際學校學生。
如果仍然有學校覺得香港的國際學校學生係 "次等",我覺得係佢地走寶,這樣的眼光,不讀也罷。
恭喜樓主的小朋友有更好的 offer。

點評

Choisumwong  Thanks.  發表於 14-1-5 15:01

25#
發表於 14-1-5 15:01 |只看該作者
I actually learned a lot from this lesson. Time is not wasted.

26#
發表於 14-1-6 12:30 |只看該作者
Firstly I understand why traditional schools are so popular.

27#
發表於 14-1-6 15:55 |只看該作者
Secondly, there are some connection between local and UK boarding school.

28#
發表於 14-1-6 20:51 |只看該作者
Thirdly some UK schools only want LS.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題