用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 St Paul Boys vs Raimondi, 真係一個母親的決撰(好難選 ...
樓主: aerogeo
go

St Paul Boys vs Raimondi, 真係一個母親的決撰(好難選) [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 13-12-2 17:36 |只看該作者

回覆:St Paul Boys vs Raimondi, 真係一個母親的決撰(好難選)

Last year, I gave up RC for SPC....  Some of my boy classmates made the same option as well.

22#
發表於 13-12-2 17:42 |只看該作者
Academic wise the standard are pretty much the same。i think the location of the schools matter。SPB is so remote i think it is a con to a lot of parents unless u live close to cyberport

23#
發表於 13-12-2 18:11 |只看該作者

引用:朋友個仔讀RC,+今年升中一,+佢話同學叻個批

原帖由 cacanov06 於 13-12-02 發表
朋友個仔讀RC, 今年升中一, 佢話同學叻個批會讀SPB, 咁你知道兩間比較了!
在Bk有見過這批去了SPB 的其中一學生家長的post . 情況似乎是高小top 的一批不會選SPB, 選SPB 的都是中上又不想等大抽獎的。
反之,我則好奇點解SPB 會收這麽多高小生,原因不用多說了。

24#
發表於 13-12-2 18:50 |只看該作者
唔好意思阻一阻位, 我仔仔有K1 RC and SPCK 的offer... 同樓主相似, 不過早3年... jm有冇少少意見俾我呢個都頭疼梗的媽媽?
**佔幾格..唔好意思..俾少少意見我, 我會番幼稚園版傾架啦...

25#
發表於 13-12-2 19:10 |只看該作者

回覆:aerogeo 的帖子

In my family there is one boy from SPCPS & one in RCPS.  Our experience of both schools are good and will recommend both schools without any reservation.

The main pros are:

1.   Both are school with good traditions and committed old boys network.
2.   Both schools have full support of their school governing body with good resources.
3.   Both secondary schools' principals are very committed to improve schools' all rounded performance.

Cos are:

1.   Both schools demand or encourage (depending on your view) students to be busy as a mean of training up.
2.   Both are not top tier school.
3.   Both schools' locations are not easy for accesses.  

So at the end of the day, I suggest you should take the boy's opinion as prime consideration and location as second consideration factor.

26#
發表於 13-12-2 20:43 |只看該作者
兩年前我地遇到同樣問題,結果選了SPCPS,選擇過程問過唔少人意見,一面倒所有人都選SPCPS,我想絕大原因係佢名氣始終大dd,但名氣好虛無,睇你自己點睇... 當年個人喜歡RC係因為男女校、離家較近、英小,最後選SPCPS則因為較喜歡佢中學,小學又90%直上,加上學生乖巧,又有新校舍,學術程度我相信兩間差不多... 兩年後我地都覺得當初無揀錯!

27#
發表於 13-12-2 21:02 |只看該作者

回覆:hogwarts 的帖子

Hi hogwarts.  long time no see.  

Agree to ur comment.  現今家長應多問小朋友,但有多少會做到。每年也有家長會叫人幫手揀,但通常quote的資料一定有偏差。兩所學校DSE也表現好。SPC 86% and RC 80% meet DSE minimum.  Better than some so called top tier.

但DSE是下年小一生十二年後的事,誰能保證那一所會好d。看是要看現在小孩比較適合那所。還有家長要一起努力。很多变數在中間。

申報: 我是spcps家長

28#
發表於 13-12-2 23:33 |只看該作者
hogwarts 發表於 13-12-2 19:10
In my family there is one boy from SPCPS & one in RCPS.  Our experience of both schools are good and ...
Thanks for your detail explanation, hogwarts, much appreciated.  However, may I know if your family boy (studying in RC) also got SPB's offer?

29#
發表於 13-12-2 23:37 |只看該作者
ludamom 發表於 13-12-2 18:50
唔好意思阻一阻位, 我仔仔有K1 RC and SPCK 的offer... 同樓主相似, 不過早3年... jm有冇少少意見俾我呢個 ...
RC Kindergarten has some links to RC Primary Section as we saw RC Kindergarten candidates wore school uniform to attend the RC interview.  Heard that this tactic was suggested by the Principal.
For SPCK, I believe u referred to St Paul Church Kindergarten which has no relationship with St Paul Boys or St a Paul Coed.

Hope this helps.

30#
發表於 13-12-3 01:24 |只看該作者

The boy in SPC is in S5 and the boy in RC is in P6.  Talking about busy, when comparing apple to Apple, while in P6, both are scouts, member of sport teams and other activities such as debate or choir.

By the way, maths by English does not seem making big differences, the slight margin SPC enjoying is the secondary is a DSS a school.   However, the church is pouring resources in RC, and in next year, RC class size will be lowered to 27, quite a commitment.

Number of girls in RC is increasing and this may not be good news for RC boys.

31#
發表於 13-12-3 01:29 |只看該作者

The boy in RC did not have SPCPS offer and might be due to the fact that SPCPS was the first interview.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題