搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 急 *** 問 uk 讀law
樓主: 122510
go

急 *** 問 uk 讀law [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 13-8-19 12:58 |只看該作者
回復 Shootastar 的帖子

Thanks!  So when someone tells you his AP results, we need to know the scores, how many AP subjects he takes and what those subjects are (because we want to know if they are Group A or Group B subjects and whether they are full subjects or not).  Right?

22#
發表於 13-8-19 14:29 |只看該作者
回復 bobbycheung 的帖子

Yes, if you want to know his full academic record.
Group A subjects are the traditional subjects such as World History, Physics, Chem, Bio, Calculus, all foreign languages, English language and literature and so on.

Group B subjects are survey courses such as Economics, Psychology, Art History, statistics etc.

Only 2 subjects are divided into 2 parts, - Physics and Economics.

23#
發表於 13-8-19 23:38 |只看該作者
回復 anglo-chinese 的帖子

thank you, we went to the expo and met the soars officer and get to know more about clearing and the school. looks like hk student still have good chance in clearing process.

24#
發表於 13-8-25 13:17 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

25#
發表於 13-8-29 21:19 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 13-8-29 21:47 編輯

I am thoroughly confused by the differences between SAT, AP and SAT subject tests.  My kid will be taking IGCSE and IB in HK. If she wants to apply to US colleges, my understanding is that she will need to take SAT.  Regarding AP, I read in the internet that "in general, AP tests have nothing to do with college admissions. They're used to determine if you will receive college credit for the tests you passed."  SAT subject tests, on the other hand, are "often required or strongly recommended when applying to some of the more selective colleges."  So does it mean that AP is not really required for the purpose of applying to US colleges and SAT subject tests are only relevant for the individual US colleges that require them?  

But then I have just read it somewhere else that AP counts a lot more than SAT subject tests because AP is harder.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題