搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 自我安慰?
發新帖
查看: 580|回覆: 2
go

自我安慰? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-7-8 00:05 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My son is 0812 kid, supposed he will enroll primary school application this September, I know he is weak on writing, he doesn't like to do homework.  So, I do not expect he could luckily study those schools which are highly competitive with lots of homework, also, pushing him homework must make me crazy.  Conversely, I am interested in less competitive (not band 1 in our area ) school with less homework, it may easy to build up confidence.  Sometimes it is difficult to tell or explain to other parents what is our school choice when most of them are likely to choose band 1 school.  

Do not choose band 1 schools on first priority, is this 自我安慰?

PS.  I believe he may 讀書開竅 some some some day, but not now!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-7-8 09:19 |只看該作者
I think you're a smart and respomsible parent. It's easy to give in to the others and apply famous demanding schools but it takes a lot of courage to apply for less famous schools that you know will suit your boy.

But of course you won't waste your kid's time while you're waiting for him to become mature. Non-pushy schools mean he will have more free time. Make good use of this time. Encourage him to read more, help him pick good books, help him build up good habbits and interests, talk more with him, give him chances to help others.... he will become sensible and well-equipped for future challenges.

I think parents can do more than the school. Why waste time fighting for grades when you know for sure that he's not ready and will lose.

3#
發表於 13-7-8 17:00 |只看該作者

回覆:A-Mum 的帖子

thanks for your reply

‹ 上一主題|下一主題