用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
查看: 9224|回覆: 45
go

IMS

發表於 13-7-1 17:49 |顯示全部帖子
Does anyone has the experience with IMS? Any comment pls. Thx!

發表於 13-7-2 13:53 |顯示全部帖子
salsalee, I have attended their seminar last month and decided to apply for my child.  I think it has nice campus and I like the concept of Montessori.  What about you? Planning to apply for your child as well?
喜歡妳是妳

發表於 13-7-3 10:59 |顯示全部帖子

引用:salsalee,+I+have+attended+their+seminar+

原帖由 Ritz 於 13-07-02 發表
salsalee, I have attended their seminar last month and decided to apply for my child.  I think it ha ...
Yes i hv also attended their seminar too n hv alrdy been applied!
Do u think if it is "really" ok to switch back to local school after the Casa program?

發表於 13-7-3 13:29 |顯示全部帖子
回復 salsalee 的帖子

really hard to say as you know how Montessori works...less focus on academics tho....
If I am admitted into IMS,  guess I will just stay there until primary.  Do you plan to switch back to local after kinder? How old is your child? Also applying for 2014-2015's K1?  My child will be in PN coming Sept.
喜歡妳是妳

發表於 13-7-5 14:26 |顯示全部帖子

引用:回復+salsalee+的帖子 really+hard+to+say

原帖由 Ritz 於 13-07-03 發表
回復 salsalee 的帖子

really hard to say as you know how Montessori works...less focus on academics  ...
Where does ur child go to PN in this Sept?
Im applying for this coming Sept n we just had an interview yesterday.

發表於 13-7-5 15:26 |顯示全部帖子
I have just sent the application too. I was considering to apply the PN class for my son before but I went to the information session in Jan and they said that it's already full and we for sure will not get a space for this Sept.

發表於 13-7-5 15:31 |顯示全部帖子

引用:I+have+just+sent+the+application+too.+I+

原帖由 yuenluc 於 13-07-05 發表
I have just sent the application too. I was considering to apply the PN class for my son before but  ...
Sorry for misleading, i applied for Casa not the toddler pg

發表於 13-7-5 15:32 |顯示全部帖子
I just sent the form for the Casa too :) where did your kid go for the PN

發表於 13-7-5 15:39 |顯示全部帖子

引用:I+just+sent+the+form+for+the+Casa+too+:)

I just sent the form for the Casa too :) where did your kid go for the PN
PN went to a local school, school is good but still not really keen on the traditional teaching method, thus give IMS a try, i quite like it

What abt u? Whatz ur plan to go PN?

發表於 13-7-5 15:54 |顯示全部帖子
my son actually went to the playgroup on Discovery Montessori since Jan. But he has just finished the classes and now waiting to go to PN class. He's going to Learning habitat for the PN class. but we really love the Montessori system and we can't dely that my son learned a lot from the pg in the past 1/2 yr. He had so much fun too..
we hesitated a bit in the beginning to apply for IMS as we are not sure if we wanted to really raise him in a montessori school (as there is just 1 montessori primary school in HK) and of its expensive tuition.

發表於 13-7-5 16:08 |顯示全部帖子

引用:my+son+actually+went+to+the+playgroup+on

my son actually went to the playgroup on Discovery Montessori since Jan. But he has just finished th ...
I hv the same thoughts as u do, hesitated to raise the kid in a fully Montessori school, but after a deep thought may want to give it a try, we ultimately might not hv the offer but at least we try! Money is also a concern too! Hope to find a suitable school for the kid rather than a school that i like...

發表於 13-7-5 16:23 |顯示全部帖子
you are so right! we are longing to find a school that the kid like rather than what we like.

so how was the interview?

發表於 13-7-5 21:02 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:IMS

Interview went well. Group interview with a few teachers in the classroom n each teacher will come play each child n there was another teacher to stay aside to observe the whole process. Parent may go into the classroom but sit aside to wait for their child

發表於 13-7-5 21:03 |顯示全部帖子

Whole interview took ard 45-60mins

發表於 13-7-5 22:54 |顯示全部帖子
this kind of interview is extremely good! This should be the way to observe kids rather than asking them questions like colors, A-Z, 1-20.. etc..
Good luck ! :)

發表於 13-7-6 21:02 |顯示全部帖子

Do u think mix age group teaching is a problem? Any pros n cons? Thx!

發表於 13-7-16 15:05 |顯示全部帖子

引用:you+are+so+right!+we+are+longing+to+find

you are so right! we are longing to find a school that the kid like rather than what we like.

so h ...
We got the offer from IMS n after the long discussion with hubby, we decided to give it a try n will put my child in hope we did a right thing!!!

發表於 13-7-16 15:48 |顯示全部帖子
wow..congrats!! Hope your kids will enjoy it.. ! :)
hope that my son can get into ims next year too

發表於 13-7-16 20:05 |顯示全部帖子

引用:wow..congrats!!+Hope+your+kids+will+enjo

原帖由 yuenluc 於 13-07-16 發表
wow..congrats!! Hope your kids will enjoy it.. ! :)
hope that my son can get into ims next year too
Good Luck!!!

發表於 13-7-19 13:59 |顯示全部帖子
My daughter will be starting her 3rd year in IMS the coming September. She started from Foundation and now going into Casa 2nd year.
We love the school and we think my daughter blossoms there. My daughter can speak Mandarin and read and write some simple Chinese characters now eg. 大中小人口木etc. She can write her name in Chinese as well.
We love the way they teach English as my daughter is very interesting to "read" word using phonics, she love reading and also she is very polite and willing to help in house works.
We also love the idea of mix age group class. Kids are not products in the factory where every is divide in batch numbers, My daughter has classmates who is older and also younger then her which she has role model to follow and at the same time willing to take care younger ones.
I went to the class observation secession last year and it amaze me how discipline the kids were and amaze how concentrate they can be when they are doing their own "work". But of course, not everyone like Montessori so it is only our opinion.