密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 KCIS Primary School
查看: 4652|回覆: 41
go

KCIS Primary School [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-6-19 10:39 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Can any KCIS primarys school parents share your experience and whether the school meet your expectations (academy, activities, teacher, facilites ....)?  Do you have plan to let your kids to further study at KCIS secondary?
   4    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-6-28 23:57 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 澳門傻媽媽 於 13-6-28 23:57 編輯

My son is studying there. Teacher is not bad. Academic is a bit lower standard but student are happy as no homework.

Their school policy is quite old fashion. They won't reallocate student to different class for the whole primary. Means if your child is not happy in the class, he/she has to stay for 6 yrs. Even you reflect your opinion to the head teacher, they won't reply you. Their culture is not international style at all. You will be disappointed if you expect too much on this school.

3#
發表於 13-7-2 10:03 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 fatchai8 於 13-7-2 10:04 編輯

那六年都會同一班同學 ?

請問 完成 KCIS Primary 後除左上佢地 Secondary School 仲有無其他出路 ?
可以分享 下?

4#
發表於 13-7-2 15:01 |只看該作者
yes, 6年都是同一班同學, 如果你小朋友同其他人唔夾, 就要唔開心六年, 仲有social skills會弱, 因為六年都只同同一班人一起過.

As I said their academic standard is lower than the others IS, you wont' have any choice for another school in secondary. Students there is less competitive.

um...Frankly, my concern is ....the quality of parents there is quite localize(好香港人, HK style). U won't feel that your child is studying in an IS. Feel more like studying in DSS.

點評

Ching_Mammy  Thanks a lot for your reply.  It seems not attractive at all.  No wonder they charge relatively cheap.  發表於 13-7-3 13:52

5#
發表於 13-7-2 20:43 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 fatchai8 於 13-7-2 20:47 編輯

回復 澳門傻媽媽 的帖子

明白了。。。 那好像不太好? 他們小學一班有幾人? 但我相信都不是大班吧。實際上佢地如果每年和其他同年級混合下學生有咩野問題?

我知道他們中學好像唔係太多人讀? 見到每年畢業既資料只有十數人畢業? 所以我相信應該唔係全部小學既同學都升上去? 那剩低D 學生去了那裡? 仲有。 佢地都需要 考 IB 試? 那應該都可以跟到標準吧?

我仔而家讀緊 R2 了。 所以都想了解多D。 謝謝

6#
發表於 13-7-2 22:31 |只看該作者
I think KCIS is just a local school running International Curriculum....

7#
發表於 13-7-2 22:33 |只看該作者

引用:yes,+6年都是同一班同學,+如果你小朋友同其

原帖由 澳門傻媽媽 於 13-07-02 發表
yes, 6年都是同一班同學, 如果你小朋友同其他人唔夾, 就要唔開心六年, 仲有social skills會弱, 因為六年都 ...
請問你個女係P2 or P3?

8#
發表於 13-7-3 14:58 |只看該作者
My kid is very happy about the school.  He has home work, such as math, Chinese, English, etc, but the workload is reasonable.  His teacher is the best among all his previous teachers - he studied in "well known" international kindergartends before got in KCIS.  If we have to pick on something, that's the school facilities.

9#
發表於 13-7-3 15:19 |只看該作者

引用:My+kid+is+very+happy+about+the+school.++

原帖由 Flower-kid 於 13-07-03 發表
My kid is very happy about the school.  He has home work, such as math, Chinese, English, etc, but t ...
That's why i am asking which grade she is studying? My kid has chinese homework everyday, at the end of every week, have 5-6 pages worksheet (eng+math).  english dictation on every Monday, Chinese assesement twice a year.

10#
發表於 13-7-3 19:24 |只看該作者

回覆:KCIS Primary School

Hi Flower-kid & dubyboy, is it really "六年都會同一班同學"? What's the reason for this?

怕你長得太快,未及把你看仔細;怕你長得太慢,恨不得你快高長大

買得太多玩具,怕你會將佢哋四圍堆;買得太少玩具,又怕你會憨居居

11#
發表於 13-7-3 21:27 |只看該作者
not exactly all, but most of the classmates in the same class.  Every policy have pros and cons. But i think it is difficult to build up the friendship if always change the classmates, and group the project team.   

12#
發表於 13-7-3 23:21 |只看該作者

Yes, i heard they used to reshuffle students until P4 . But , all students will stay in the same class throughout the primary section . I am sure other schools such as ESF.

Teaching philosophy follows the western style . I saw what students did in class . My kid's teacher guided the students to find the answers by themselves and raise many questions for students to think . Some questions don't really have answers at all and students were required to explain the maths in written English .

13#
發表於 13-7-3 23:27 |只看該作者

Yes, i heard they used to reshuffle students until P4 . But , all students will stay in the same class throughout the primary section . I am not sure other schools such as ESF. GSIS only have two classes in each level in primary section, so I do not know whether GSIS will reshuffle students.

Teaching philosophy follows the western style . I saw what students did in class . My kid's teacher guided the students to find the maths answers/phenomenon  by themselves and raise many questions for students to think . Some questions don't really have answers at all and students were required to explain the maths in written English .

14#
發表於 13-7-4 20:29 |只看該作者
回復 Littleho 的帖子

那 上 中 學 除 本 校 中 學 部 外。 真係 同 之前 家 長 所 說 是 沒有 出 路嗎?

謝謝

15#
發表於 13-7-4 21:14 |只看該作者

引用:回復+Littleho+的帖子 那+上+中+學+除+本+

原帖由 fatchai8 於 13-07-04 發表
回復 Littleho 的帖子

那 上 中 學 除 本 校 中 學 部 外。 真係 同 之前 家 長 所 說 是 沒有 出 路嗎?
I don't have the full picture , but all of the parents I know have their elder kids in secondary section will not change to other schools coz they are satisfied with the school. I heard some students go to ESF secondary , local elite schools or overseas. Some parents (whom i know) switched their kids in primary section to ISF , CIS and Cdnis .

16#
發表於 13-7-4 21:44 |只看該作者

From what i observe those students who managed to change to other more reputable schools may not be necessarily the most brilliant kids . And I heard that those students who changed to other IS secondary section  have strong Chinese and Maths results in those IS .

17#
發表於 13-7-4 21:56 |只看該作者

In the past , some people brought up the idea of building new campus for KCIS by raising debenture , but the school principal opposed the idea coz he don't want to add financial burden to the existing and prospective parents, inhibiting the chance of their kids to receive quality and affordable education .

Hope it helps

醒目開學勳章

18#
發表於 13-7-5 08:56 |只看該作者
Littleho 發表於 13-7-4 21:56
In the past , some people brought up the idea of building new campus for KCIS by raising debenture , ...

我都唔希望大加學費
我最近有左, 如果學費大加,
真係讀唔起
以家來講, 2個都勉強OK

我女升R1, 好多有哥哥姐姐既家長
都滿意KCIS
而小朋友因為無轉班, 所以大家感情都好好
凡事都有2面既.....不過我想佢地轉下班多D....哈哈

雖然KCIS唔係出名既IS,
但以家想係P1時入, 都有2XX個WAITING緊
要KINDER既小朋友唔直升上去先有位
所以都真係好緊張

19#
發表於 13-7-5 09:47 |只看該作者

其實金融界好多識KCIS

20#
發表於 13-7-5 10:07 |只看該作者
Hi Littleho, would you happen to know the % of switching from KC local stream to international stream every year? is the successful % high?
怕你長得太快,未及把你看仔細;怕你長得太慢,恨不得你快高長大

買得太多玩具,怕你會將佢哋四圍堆;買得太少玩具,又怕你會憨居居
‹ 上一主題|下一主題