密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 選國際學校你最著重什麼?純屬分享,無對錯 ...
樓主: GentooMama
go

選國際學校你最著重什麼?純屬分享,無對錯 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 13-5-27 13:57 |只看該作者
要求简单: 间学校正正常常就已经好好啦!   重有千万不要听家长指指点点.......

22#
發表於 13-5-27 14:09 |只看該作者
回復 shadeslayer 的帖子

有些人是不會滿足的,到學校中英雙絕,佢又話數學唔夠。
Less is more.  

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

How rich you are is how less you need.

以上是成功人士的话, 我得闲就傻傻的想吓................

點評

Christi    發表於 13-5-29 23:51

23#
發表於 13-5-28 05:02 |只看該作者

回覆:shadeslayer 的帖子

"佢地d行為我唔想comment啦 Xxxx 言則所有鬼仔姝有行為問題,所有本地學校生沒行為問題?本地學生的問題在學校在家庭被「壓」下去吧了。 "

是家長管教孩子, 改正不當行為,不是壓, 打壓不能解決問題

24#
發表於 13-5-28 05:11 |只看該作者

回覆:tcbobo 的帖子

大班也未必是壞事, 小孩會從同學身上學習, 多些同學, 等同多些學習機會

他們會交換書看, 輪流做小老師教同學玩遊戲, 分享經歷

25#
發表於 13-5-28 08:17 |只看該作者
小時候,家和學校相距甚遠,費了不少交通時間,回家亦已很累。
所以距家太遠的,不考慮了。一條龍也較好。

26#
發表於 13-5-28 11:15 |只看該作者
GentooMama 發表於 13-5-25 10:14
回復 hkparent 的帖子

Do you mean student mix from different ethnic groups? I also like a true "inte ...
同意, 喜歡一間"真正"的國際學校, 但亦要認同及接受學校的風氣, 學生的行為.
覺得讀真正的國際學校主要是風氣自由, 壓力少(比較LS), 英文說話能力好, 但學生的行為並不是很多本地家長可以接受的.
曾多次到訪以及觀察其中一間認為是"真正"的國際學校, 很少華人面孔, 從學生當中沒有聽到一句廣東話, 只說流利純正的英語. 特意找幾個華人面孔的學生傾談, 因想用廣東話溝通比較方便, 怎料有些不懂說廣東話, 有些則半咸半淡, 說話時轉數慢半拍. 在校園總見到學生的歡笑臉...
但至於學習中文, 的確很弱, 正如樓上家長說很難做到中英雙絕. 以及學生的行為, 我也總算接受到. 反正如果讓子女出國留學(如果經濟許可), 亦是如此. 留下香港讀國際學校, 有家長monitor住仲好! 但能否入讀, 亦要隨緣.

27#
發表於 13-5-28 11:18 |只看該作者
History, culture, facilities and atmosphere.

28#
發表於 13-5-28 12:35 |只看該作者

回覆:Jackieson 的帖子

Agree. Otherwise, local school with IB can do.

29#
發表於 13-5-28 16:20 |只看該作者
我認為國際學校唯一的好處是自由選擇的空間。小朋友可以用自己的學習進踱,父母有親子的機會。這想法是一半學習,一半家敎的概念。香港不設家敎,但外國很常見。國際學校可以提供很有弾性的學校空間,家敎可以提供很實用的知識。

30#
發表於 13-5-28 20:47 |只看該作者
Yes, I totally choisumwong's point of view, if we only rely on the school to teach, probably IS is not enough for our kids, but if we can teach our kids at the same time, they are learn different things according to their progress, it is much better to force them to follow a pre-setted program, each one of them have differet talents and progess on different aspects.

31#
發表於 13-5-28 23:04 |只看該作者
回復 meimei223 的帖子

Thank you for your agreement with my view. My view is fully supported by my own experience. I have two kids. My elder daughter is now grade 9 in UK and my younger son is grade 7 in IS. The reaon as mentioned before for IS is my kids can choose how to study and when to study. I gave a lot of activities and enrichment programmes to my kids. My daughter was more mature and standed out earlier in primary school. Her excellent progress and academic performance reached the top in grade 8. Then she chose to study in top UK boarding school. My younger son was not mature. He was day dreaming from grade 1 to grade 5 according to his teachers' school report. I did not worry too much about his under-performance. Actually, I had wonderfal memories with my kids, e.g. travelling aboard, farms, parks. My son this year entered college and fitted very well to school life. His talent was much appreciated by his teachers. Both my kids are gifted and talented, but they thrive because they are given room and time and my effort as well. I believe if you push your kids in wrong way like LS. most of them will underperform in their lifes.

點評

菠蘿媽媽   could you tell which IS?  發表於 13-5-29 12:39

32#
發表於 13-5-29 01:44 |只看該作者
I am deeply impressed by what I saw in one IS. The students in the same class were split into groups. Each group carried out different activities, the principal told me it was because the learning progress of the students were different and so they were learning at their own pace even they were in the same class. They honoured the difference among students and admitted that each student was unique. This was the moment that I was determined to send my baby to IS.

33#
發表於 13-5-29 06:23 |只看該作者

回覆:GentooMama 的帖子

非常同意,在因材施教這方面IS做得幾好, 水平高的老師會不斷給他們新挑戰, 令學生不會覺得悶, 水平低的又可有特別照顧(extra EA, support service, 不過唔知要唔要比$)。分班時又分到每班都有能力高和能力低的學生, 沒有精英班, 但有從各班挑選能力特別高的學生去參加特別活動(problem solving, creativity development)。我只有
IS經驗, 所以唔清楚LS的拔尖補底是否一樣好。

34#
發表於 13-5-29 08:23 |只看該作者
The beauty of mixing students of different ability level is twofold: weaker students can learn from the stronger ones and the stronger students can reinforce what they have learned through explaining to others.  IS students are used to work in groups and researches show that students learn best in group of 4 to 6.  

35#
發表於 13-5-29 12:23 |只看該作者

引用:The+beauty+of+mixing+students+of+differe

原帖由 poonseelai 於 13-05-29 發表
The beauty of mixing students of different ability level is twofold: weaker students can learn from  ...
Also happen in some local, aided primary schools.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

36#
發表於 13-5-29 13:24 |只看該作者
回復 poonseelai 的帖子

It seems that your point is ideal for education in IS. However, this is not one size fits all. In reality, the problems of grouping and group work will appear in upper form and in talented students. It will put disadvantages for those students who want to learn more and who work hard. Stronger students will waste time to help weaker students. Teachers will spend more time on weaker groups. It is hard to say fair or not. But this is fact. This method of education exists for decades in public schools in UK. But people prefer independent schools if they can afford.

37#
發表於 13-5-30 20:27 |只看該作者

引用:回復+poonseelai+的帖子 It+seems+that+yo

原帖由 Choisumwong 於 13-05-29 發表
回復 poonseelai 的帖子

It seems that your point is ideal for education in IS. However, this is not  ...
I think it depends on how much resources are put on. In public schools of UK, the failure is because the they have less resources than private school . Therefore, it is quite successful in IS in HK because all are private schools which charge high and hence have enough resources to modulate the mixing. There are many advantages of having smarter kid teaching the less smart one. There is always something to learn when you teach (I am a teacher). The kid will learn to be more patient when they teach and they can realize that they can help each other

38#
發表於 13-5-30 22:03 |只看該作者
回復 poonseelai 的帖子

Agree, though I think this works much better in primary years than higher grades.  In IBDP, for example, streaming happens automatically as a result of subject and HL/SL selection.  
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

39#
發表於 13-5-31 09:01 |只看該作者
回復 GentooMama 的帖子

I agree that more resource in IS would definitely benefit students. In the issue of grouping, smarter students will no doubt have something to learn. This seems all right within a non-selective school. As a teacher, it is even perfect.But in reality, smarter students are just average students by standard of selective schools. If they compete for the same exam, they are at disadvantage position. I just heard a story. A so called top student in X college surprisingly found that his academic performance was below standard  when he was tested for UK entrance exam. I repeat my point that grouping and mixing is good at primary school and lower form. Upper form definitely needs different approach in IS. Nowadays in upper form in some IS, it is not smarter students teach less smart students, but average students teach below average students. I am sorry that my point may upset you as a teacher.

40#
發表於 13-5-31 10:49 |只看該作者

回覆:選國際學校你最著重什麼?純屬分享,無對錯

校風和教學質素

‹ 上一主題|下一主題