用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 What language do you speak to child?
樓主: Walala99
go

What language do you speak to child? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 13-5-24 21:06 |只看該作者
I quite buy Yew Chung's theory in Language.  The principal said parents should speak their native language at home with kids as nothing is more important than 親子關係. At home I speak Cantonese and my hubby English as our primary language.  Seems he understands both

22#
發表於 13-5-24 21:07 |只看該作者
And, parents shall make sure their english and grammar are corrent.  Not my first time to hear parents are speaking "wrong" english to their kids.  Why force?

23#
發表於 13-5-24 23:02 |只看該作者

回覆:davhui 的帖子

You gals do know that there has been plenty of research on it, right? Coz a lot of what you said was just plains wrong.

24#
發表於 13-6-1 14:00 |只看該作者
To be honest, I really don't get the fuss of speaking English to your children at home. I understand lots of parents want to create an English speaking environment for their loved one and hope to improve their English, but, personally, I don't think that help at all. Especially when lots of parents' English isn't their first language, this action will just misled their children to learn inaccurate using of the language, and, their Chinese level will decrease instead. I speak Cantonese to my son, as always. The way I support my son in learning English mainly is I encourage him to read more, and create an atmospher for him to fall in love of the English language.

To be honest, if he loves watching American drama and reading, need not to worry about.

25#
發表於 13-6-2 00:35 |只看該作者
Didn't log into baby kingdom for a while, didn't know that there were some comments regarding my post. My post was to reply the topic here and didn't really think of showing myself or what. As I speak mixed of language at work it's quite nature for me to do so at home. I didn't say I am correct and I didn't force others to follow me.
What I wanna say in my previous post was dont change the language we normally speak just to create the environment we think is better for kids.

26#
發表於 13-6-3 10:13 |只看該作者
It's been awhile since the last time I was here. The intention for me to set up this forum was to let parents share their views regarding the language they use with their kids. Every parent raise their kids differently. We may not agree with one another, but we should always respect each other. ^^

27#
發表於 13-6-4 19:58 |只看該作者
I and my husband spoke in English with him since born up to 5 years old. But we encouraged our parents to speak Cantonese with him. It's true that I have used Chinese with him no more than 5 times during  5 years.

After he succeed in primary interview, we switched back to Chinese as he spoke mainly in English at school and home ( helper), the only chance he learnt Chinese was at night time after we were back from work.

Now, his English, mandarin, Cantonese are no problem, and now he's learning Japanese as required from his school as a third language.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題