搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 KCIS P1
發新帖
查看: 2482|回覆: 7
go

KCIS P1 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-3-12 08:48 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi, all , my son just got accepted to study Year 1 in the coming Sept, any  KCIS primary mom here?
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-3-13 18:46 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jxwahc 於 13-3-15 06:36 編輯

My son is in P1 now. As far as I am concerned, he likes school and have been progressing. The program is very academic focused, and kids are quite disciplined. Some teachers are really nice, some more strict. I honestly think it's a bit combination of traditional and international. If you are looking for lots of cooperative projects and activity based learning, then KCIS might not be your cup of tea. If you are looking for academic focused, good discipline and reasonably ok Chinese program, then you would be happy with KCIS.

My son's Englis has improved a lot since last Sep, especially reading wise. His spoken English, however, progressly slowly. I am not sure of why, because kids actually speak English to each other. And the spoken English for his class, as I witnessed during many volunteering opportunities, is actuall quite good.

Math is reasonably challenging, and Chinese, if you are not from local kindergarten, you might find it alright. We are from KCS and we are a Chinese family, so we decided to for private tutor.

They also have science and ICT, which my son loves.

3#
發表於 13-3-14 10:42 |只看該作者

回覆:KCIS P1

My son is studying P1 now.The discipine is quite good,their atmosphere also good.

4#
發表於 13-3-22 15:05 |只看該作者
My kid is also P1.  Excellent teachers.  The kids have daily Chinese class.  Their Chinese standard is much better than other ISs.

5#
發表於 13-3-24 11:32 |只看該作者

In P1, for English reading, students are streamed in many small groups to cater for different abilities . For Chinese program , there are three classes for students of different background and abilities . I guess Maths have different works for students in the same class . All these are aimed to make the school works catered for individual needs . My kid has an excellent class teachers (english and chinese) who have rich teaching experience

6#
發表於 13-3-24 14:56 |只看該作者
Does KCIS follow LS Chinese curriculum?
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

7#
發表於 13-3-24 18:11 |只看該作者

I talked to my kid's chinese teacher who previously taught in upper primary section for nine years. From P2 (6 years old) onwards, KCIS uses local school's textbooks . P2 is a notch more demanding thank P1 involving 重組句子and 造句and dictations . She said we should target towards the Beijing standard (in terms of recognition of Chinese character, 2,500 characters at the end of P6) . She said there have been some new students from local elite schools like St Paul Co-Ed , DBS and St Stephen joining KCIS . Based on her observations , the chinese standard of these newcomers is interior to  those who started studying KCIS all the way from KG classes .

8#
發表於 13-3-25 22:51 |只看該作者
回復 Littleho 的帖子

Thanks.  Does this mean HK text books are used but they want to get to Beijing standard?  I would imagine Beijing standard is higher, if not much higher, than HK standards.  Does this mean there are own developed materials or other things to fill the gap?  Good to hear that they have such high standards.
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題