go

嶺小大多是用英文上堂嗎?? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-12-3 17:07 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
嶺小大多是用英文上堂嗎??  是英文剃學嗎??
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-12-3 17:29 |只看該作者
No, all in Chinese, except for the English class.  But the school offers a high quality English program.

3#
發表於 12-12-4 11:27 |只看該作者
你係想搵英文小學咩, 嶺小係中文的, 不過英文都唔係淺的.  個人覺得小學應該讀中文, 中學就最好讀英文了.

4#
發表於 12-12-4 11:48 |只看該作者
回復 chanwendy 的帖子

Agree.

Kids are better to learn a wide range of knowledge using their mother language.  This is the best for training up
their logical and analytical mind.  At the same time, learning foreign language should start as early as possible, but such learning should not replace the mother language.  The tricky point is however how to create a suitable environment for learning that foreign language while not sacrificing the mother tongue.

Starting secondary school, in my opnion, it is better to use English as a medium of teaching.  This is mainly for paving the path for tertiary education since 99.9% of the top universities use English as teaching medium.  Also, a lot of materials around the world are written in English.  This is the only way to go.

Just my 2 cents.  Not necessarily the only truth though.

5#
發表於 12-12-4 12:29 |只看該作者
因為呀女怕英文, 我唸如果讀英小, 接觸多D會冇咁怕, 同埋本身我英文唔好, 所以想佢平時用多D囉.

6#
發表於 12-12-4 13:10 |只看該作者
回復 sammilcm 的帖子

The issue here is that most of the English primary schools have high entry standard which requires candidates to have a certain level of proficiency in English before attending those schools.  If she is still a K2 student, you may
consider to put her in an English kindergarten and some Eng oral class, and make her keep reading Eng books with CD, watching Eng cartoon, etc.  There is really no short cut.  Hopefully by next year, her Eng will be competent enough to pass the P1 entrance test.

7#
發表於 12-12-4 13:53 |只看該作者
SHE IS K3 STUDENT NOW!!!  And I already give her to join the oral and eng class three times per week, but her teach said, she still need to improve her vocab.

8#
發表於 12-12-4 14:03 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 sandytaitai 於 12-12-4 14:06 編輯

Lingnan is very adamant  in teaching in mother tongue . Like a lot of parents , I once thought learning in English should start the earlier the better . My personal experience tells me that it may not necessarily be true . My child finds 常識pretty easy, as he's learning 校工 , 校長, 書記 etc in this semester ,while his friend , in a english school , had to use words like principal , care taker (some used janitor) etc. His friend had a hard time with spelling although the concept is no different .
I remember principal , caretaker were words I learnt in secondary school and looking back , I was lucky .

9#
發表於 12-12-4 14:53 |只看該作者
要學 vocab 真要靠多睇書, 但你又唔好 expect 睇一兩次佢就會學得識喎, 真係要不停提佢, 可能要五六次後才記得住.  嶺小有份英文功課 word express 我覺得學 vocab 一流, 跟 topic 學相關 vocab.  其實培養到讀書興趣就自然學 vocab 唔係難事.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題