搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 有冇家長后侮選了國際學校,而非傳統小學? ...
樓主: vio922
go

有冇家長后侮選了國際學校,而非傳統小學?   [複製鏈接]

541#
發表於 13-6-16 12:32 |只看該作者
回復 4eyesDad 的帖子

Hi glad to hear that you had a similar experience.I'm not sure if we should start a new topic per se.  Lessons learned here -- minority opinions are not always welcomed in the forums.  How about we just chat via PM?

Same for anyone who's interested in discussing the alternative ways to get our kids into top US colleges, please use PM.

542#
發表於 13-6-16 16:08 |只看該作者
回復 Shootastar 的帖子

20 sounds about right each year.  These should be students that are based in HK and admitted into the school regardless of their citizenship.  Alumni would have a good sense of this especially those who helped with interviews since there is a list of admitted students who are interviewed in HK.  This is pretty much true across the various Ivies.  There would be other students from HK but who are in US, UK or Canadian boarding schools now.  There really isn't a good way to count those since they may have foreign citizenship and use a foreign permanent address.
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

543#
發表於 13-6-16 16:12 |只看該作者
回復 honeybunny7 的帖子

I don't see how you are not being "welcomed" here.  Other than you needling Shootastar about not having studied abroad, this has just been a discussion with different opinions.  Also don't see why people would agree with you if they have another set of facts to back up their opinion.  
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

544#
發表於 13-6-16 17:45 |只看該作者

回覆:有冇家長后侮選了國際學校,而非傳統小學?

Does anyone know whether universities in UK focus much less on aspects other than academics (eg extra-curricular ) ? In other words , scores mean everything  for UK universities .

545#
發表於 13-6-16 19:30 |只看該作者
回復 HKTHK 的帖子

Thanks for your sharing.

546#
發表於 13-6-16 19:55 |只看該作者
The more we debate, the more facts come out. I love exchanging views with others (so long as I have the necessary knowledge) and even arguing or debating, however I hate those who have lost their decorum or vilified others.

547#
發表於 13-6-16 22:05 |只看該作者
honeybunny7 發表於 13-6-15 18:27
回復 Shootastar 的帖子

However, I do have a theory on why LS students are finding it harder and harder to get into top US colleges ...
I'm not interested in the debate but I'm interested in your theory, may be it is more productive to share this? (in a new thread if you prefer) {:1_1:}

548#
發表於 13-6-17 22:55 |只看該作者
Hey, pls calm down. Most parents here are very helpful, provide lots of useful information to the new mothers like me. I have learnt a lots here. We just express our own feeling, no rights or wrongs, very subjective.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題