密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Noble Place Playgroup
查看: 13729|回覆: 25
go

Noble Place Playgroup

發表於 12-11-8 16:05 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 candeelian 於 12-11-8 16:18 編輯

I've been looking around for a suitable playgroup for my going-to-be one year old toddler to study, while I am waiting for Victoria playgroup. I found Noble Place in Kowloon Tong. I visited the campus. I am attracted to its daily class at a reasonable rate and its envrionment. During my visit to the campus, I saw the teachers interact well with the toddlers while the toddlers enjoy and learn a lot from the playgroup, and notised a few artists' children are studying there. Therefore, I put down the deposit and reserved the Toddler Fun Class for my child.

However, the only hesitation for me is it only has progress report every six month. In case my child withdraws from the class before six months, there will be no progress report or certificate.

Has anyone's children studied there before? Is it good? Do they learn a lot?

If worse comes to worst that my child only attend the classes for a few months and has no certificate, at least I want her to learn something.

Also, I noted there is a new playgroup in Jordon called Gateway. I am attracted by the advertisement saying that it has daily classes and at very resonable rate. They have monthly assessment report. They are not so famous (compared to Noble Place), but they are even cheaper than Noble Place and have more regular assessment reports.

Which one would you choose if I want to join a not-so expensive playgroup and add some value to nursery / kindergarten interview?

Appreciate any advice.

發表於 12-11-8 16:54 |顯示全部帖子
Is assessment report by playgroup important to interview?  Afterall, your child is only 1 yr old at the time of playgroup.  I am not agreeable to this idea.

發表於 12-11-8 17:03 |顯示全部帖子
I don't know whether an assessment report is important for interview. I am a first-time mum and have not had any kindergarten interview experience. That's why I am here to seek advice and hear different views.

發表於 12-11-8 17:23 |顯示全部帖子
I see.  I think a caring and quality playgroup is more important than assessment reports.  I do not know gateway but i think location convenience, cost and culture of the playgroup are more important.  Schools may not trust the assessment reports - that's why they interview students and test their abilities.

I'm also a first time mum and i hope i guess right.

發表於 12-11-8 17:37 |顯示全部帖子
回復 mamath 的帖子

Thanks. I initially thought that having an assessment reports or certificate attached to the application form would attract more interviews. I am worried that we may not even have the chance of interviews given the keen competition.

Noble Place is in a nice area while Gateway is in Jordon. Gateway has no outdoor playgroup, but their curriculum is rich. Both places are far from me. Both have reasonable cost, but Gateway is even cheaper.

I hope my baby can join a playgroup which have good reputation and reasonably charged, where she can learn something, and have at least a cert or something to proof that she has studied there.

發表於 12-11-9 11:10 |顯示全部帖子
回復 candeelian 的帖子

How much does it cost in Gateway playgroup?
How about the teacher - kid ratio in Gateway ?
Have you attended the class in Gateway?
I joined Noble place playgroup but it is a little bit "hea" when compared to other playgroup I have joined before,
May be the teacher in my playgroup is too young and does not know how to handle with small baby.
I found that the playgroup is not well structured but can be treated as social gathering for small baby playing together.

發表於 12-11-9 14:53 |顯示全部帖子
回復 jjson 的帖子

Thanks for your feedback. It is much appreciated.

So, would you recommend a parent to go to Noble Place's playgroup?

I have high hopes on them because I observed a class and found the children are pretty responsive to the teachers. I asked several parents / helpers there about their babies' progress. They all said they learn a lot from the playgroup given its daily schedule. They also have a theme monthly. So, I thought that they are very structured.

I do notise the class hour is short at 1 hour only. It goes by quickly with 10 minutes self-play time, 40 minutes lesson, and 10 minutes snack time.

I haven't joined Gateway's trial lessons. I only learn about this playgroup through the banner advertisement in Baby Kingdom. If I purchase 40 lessons, it costs only HKD75 per hour! That is equivalent to HKD1,500 a month for classes on a daily basis. Their teacher to children ratio is 1:8. You can find their information in the link below.

http://www.gatewayeducation.hk/left-side-bar/gateway-playgroup/

發表於 12-11-9 16:03 |顯示全部帖子
回復 candeelian 的帖子

可能以前我帶兒子所上的playgroup太好(已是幾年前的事),想幫second baby 報,但竟然要wait for one year,我才發覺現在連play group 都要排咁耐,

to be honest, noble place is ok,但要撞老師,我班那個太細,not good to handle small bb,而且他們頭15min just to play toy, 所以唔好expect 太多,但作為baby gathering is ok,又或者你班的老師有經驗,可能效果不同,

另外有人話協康會的play group好,我又不太覺,可能我有帶兒子上不同play group,故此有比較,要求高些。

發表於 12-11-9 17:29 |顯示全部帖子
回復 jjson 的帖子

Which playgroup did you bring your first baby to? The one that you mentioned is very good. I am interested to know.

I checked with a few nurseries and asked them about their interview requirements. They said whether a baby has joined a playgroup or not does not matter to them, as long as they perform well on the day.

So, I am just trying to join a playgroup for fun and not too costly. I'd rather save my resource for her education in the future (like nursery, kindergarten, and many to come).

發表於 12-11-9 18:48 |顯示全部帖子
回復 candeelian 的帖子

playgroup 是在一間不出名的幼稚園內,不開名因BK有些人太敏感,故此不用PM問我有playgroup 資料,請見諒。

發表於 12-11-12 16:38 |顯示全部帖子
I don't understand why good playgroups cannot be named here?  Fear for attracting objections?

Anyway, just to share that my son is attending the NP playgroup for the first week.  Don't expect rich curriculum as for children aged 1, it's not that academic. I rather think that the a bit relaxed schedule of the class is appropriate for such a small kid.  

發表於 12-11-12 17:41 |顯示全部帖子
回復 mamath 的帖子

之前已說不開名是現在BK有些人太敏感,見有些媽咪開post都比人插到暈,
絶不會是fear for objections, play group only, 有乜咁多爭議呀, anyway, I am still looking for different play group and hope all babies can find a good play group

發表於 12-11-13 15:22 |顯示全部帖子
Anyone joined their Nursery Class (18-22 months)? So much want to get some comments as it's a huge commitment (5-day school and commit to 6 months in order to get the deposit refund.)

發表於 12-11-13 16:04 |顯示全部帖子
assessment reports or certificate is not important for joining playgroup or pre nursary, their response in interview counts

發表於 12-11-14 03:16 |顯示全部帖子
I also want to know, Anyone joined their Nursery Class (18-22 months)? Is that good ?

發表於 12-11-14 08:00 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:Noble Place Playgroup

My son is attending nursary class, it can train him learn by himself, he likes so much!

發表於 12-12-5 15:57 |顯示全部帖子
回復 karmanbebe 的帖子

Thanks for your feedback to Noble Place.

From the feedback I gathered above,it is more a social gathering place with something to learn. Because the class is on a daily basis, the children will bound to learn something given its frequency.

發表於 12-12-5 17:18 |顯示全部帖子
candeelian 發表於 12-11-8 16:05
I've been looking around for a suitable playgroup for my going-to-be one year old toddler to study,  ...

HI~~ I think Tutortime is quite good but it also needs to be attended for 6 months before you get the certificate.
I took my daughter there for a year (and Victoria as well) and it is really beyond my expectation.
If you plan to take your baby to a playgroup, I think you would end up going there for more than 6 months anyway.  Also, for PN, the certificate is really not important (because no school asked me for it so far as I am applying PN this year)

I heard Noble is good too especially they have classes for toddlers to attend independantly but for someone who attends for the first time, that might be a bit harsh

發表於 12-12-6 09:26 |顯示全部帖子
回復 Joannevv 的帖子

Thanks for your input.

Yes, I heard that Tutor Time is good. In fact, an infant class place has been offered to me. However, it is very pricey for just a playgroup. As I previously mention, I want to save my resources to my baby's nursey. For the sake of fulfilling the requirement of getting into a nursey and let my baby to mingle with other babies, an enviornment with some babies and a teacher will do. So, I don't see it's worthwhile to pay for a very expensive playgroup just with these two elements. Having said this, a playgroup with some reputation is good enough. In Sum, I budgeted to spend about HKD3,000 a month on playgroup.

My target is to go to Victoria playgroup. But given its long waiting list, I don't know when a place can be offered and I'd better have a backup.

You let your daugther to attend two playgroups at the same time (Victoria and TT)!? If Victoria has a place for me, I would be so grateful and won't consider any other playgroup.

Which pre-nursery (or nursery) is your child attending now? Does attending a playgroup help with the admission to your nursery?

發表於 12-12-6 10:19 |顯示全部帖子
回復 candeelian 的帖子

HI ya~~~
I am a working mother so I let the helper to take my baby to Tutortime every Tuesday and Thursday while I take her to Victoria on Saturday (as a parent to baby activity) haha ~
Anyway, I quit Tutortime already because she attended for a year and I really want her to try something new (so now she goes to a Montesorri course every Monday to Wednesday) and I am so glad I did that coz it helped her to become a bit more independant and learning how to be responsible.

When did you apply for Victoria (and which campus).  I was lucky coz I got in when my baby was a year old..... or 14months (forgot already.. haha)

I am only applying PN right now (she is a 2011 baby) and just waiting for news.... really nervous coz I should find out in two weeks if she gets accepted ~~