搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 這篇文章說的是哪間名校?
查看: 5236|回覆: 45
go

這篇文章說的是哪間名校? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-9-4 00:16 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
最近我在不同的場合,遇到同一間傳統名校的家長;聽她們說這間傳統名校,令我對這一間傳統名校和香港的名校有更深的認識,和印證我一直以來對名校的看法。

不久前,新高中的公開試中學文憑的成績公佈,這間傳統學校的成績卻是強差人意,這家長說這次的公開試成績,只有六成畢業生的成績達本地大學的最低入學要求,尤其是因為中文科不達標。有說原因是因為部份資質高的學生轉走國際文憑的那一條路,而另一部份的學生,則到海外升學去,所以餘下來的學生資質並不高,而學校的中文科也不是教得很好,可能再加上社會普遍都重英輕中,尤以名校爲甚,所以中文科的成績便不理想,因而公開試不達標而最後達不到入讀大學的最低要求。想起來是一件很難以想像的事,因為名校能自己選擇學生,所以能在所有投考的學生中,取錄全港最高資質的幾個巴仙的學生,而入讀本地大學學生的比例,便定比這幾個巴仙為高,所以這名校的畢業生能考入大學,原是非常理所當然的。

跟我談這傳統名校的家長的孩子是在小學部就讀,她說她不滿意學校的老師教得不好,但是考試的要求卻很高,所以如果家長看到孩子在考試的成績不好,部份家長便自行在外用自己的資源來教導孩子,結果是學生在不用老師用心的教導下,可以考得到好成績,惡性循環便是老師更不須用心的教。

另一問題是這家長覺得功課少,長假期也沒什麼功課。功課多少,原沒有什麼標準,同樣功課量,有家長覺得多,有家長覺得少,問題原不大;如果家長認同學校現時功課少,培養學生自學能力云云,毫無問題;但是如果家長是覺得讀書便要苦讀,要功課多,要測驗考試密,原來這傳統名校卻不是他們的「那杯茶」。

名校家長又自覺食得咸魚抵得渴,不會為孩子轉校,這個學生、家長和學校的互動便會繼續下去,直到家長灰心為孩子轉校,又或學生畢業為止,學校是不會改變的,因為既然學生成績不教而好,學生轉校後的學額又會有其他學生爭著轉入,所以學校根本沒有任何動機和迫切性要改變。

再和另一同校家長談,得到的意見也差不多,功課少,考試深,老師教得不太好,家長爲了在功課上和孩子傷了感情,所以這家長每一科都找補習老師幫忙,當問及既然學校長教得不好,交了數千元學費還要自行掏腰包去找補習老師,爲何不老老實實的轉去一間老師會落力教書的學校去呢?答案是所交的學費,便是良好學校環境,良好的同學,以及他們的良好家庭背景等等的代價;而我覺得,還有名校由來出名的校友和人脈,我也相信名校有其傳統的文化,名校的身份也許會給學生一點過人的傲氣,較高的自我形象(當然也有一同而來的名校包袱)。

有些名校是出名課程深,要求高,但亦有以上所描述的一間名校。有家長明知名校如此,仍千方百計的爲孩子鋪路考入去,只要他們明白他們所投考的那一類名校,付出和收穫是什麽便可。反過來說,可惜的是家長不理解所報的是那一類名校,機關算盡的讓孩子入讀,到就讀時才發現「貨不對辦」,苦了家長和學生。
   2    1    0    0

2#
發表於 12-9-4 00:30 |只看該作者
回復 train 的帖子

我估DBS                             

3#
發表於 12-9-4 01:31 |只看該作者

引用:回復+train+的帖子 我估DBS++++++++++++++

原帖由 lamlam23 於 12-09-04 發表
回復 train 的帖子

我估DBS
agree!如果真是樓主所講呢間,高中是行IB的,我聽到的版本是他們的成績是非常優異!很多同學都被外國的名牌大學取錄

4#
發表於 12-9-4 09:37 |只看該作者
train 發表於 12-9-4 00:16
最近我在不同的場合,遇到同一間傳統名校的家長;聽她們說這間傳統名校,令我對這一間傳統名校和香港的名校 ...
"交了數千元學費還要自行掏腰包去找補習老師,爲何不老老實實的轉去一間老師會落力教書的學校去呢?答案是所交的學費,便是良好學校環境,良好的同學,以及他們的良好家庭背景等等的代價;而我覺得,還有名校由來出名的校友和人脈,我也相信名校有其傳統的文化,名校的身份也許會給學生一點過人的傲氣,較高的自我形象(當然也有一同而來的名校包袱)"。

Agree

5#
發表於 12-9-4 10:40 |只看該作者
我相信是DBS!
我不是DBS的家長!不過,我十分認同該校的做法,同枱食飯、各自修行。學校提供一個平台、一個環境。學習本來就是學生的責任,不是老師的責任!學到幾多、吸收到幾多,就睇學生自己是否努力!一開始學校就講明是這樣,家長應該一早就了解的!

學習讀書是一個成長過程和經歷,不只是追求成績結果!

6#
發表於 12-9-4 10:54 |只看該作者
我想大家追求的東西不同!學術成績或是否入本地大學,都不會是該校家長的追求重點。大部份家長一早就己安排了出外地升學,不會太緊張!

7#
發表於 12-9-4 15:30 |只看該作者
I do not mind about: 功課少 or 考試深!
However, I would be concerned if 老師教得不太好 or 家長每一科都找補習老師幫忙!
As the writer says, "Some schools are known as "famous schools" because of 良好學校環境,良好的同學,以及他們的良好家庭背景"
No school is perfect.
This school is still popular because of short-term deficiency of good schools and increasing demand from higher than usual birth rate and Big-6 migrants.
If this school is reluctant to respond to the accusation of  老師教得不太好, it could be the result of complacency or internal administrative vacuum.
Judging from the volumn of complaints about this school's administrative arrangements for potential applicants/interviewees and if a significant percentage of its graduates from the Senior School continued to fall below the basic local university entrance requirement, I would not be surprised if this "famous school"  will one day become a "former famous school" or just famous for the wrong reason.

8#
發表於 12-9-4 23:16 |只看該作者
回復 4eyesDad 的帖子

I am a parent of DBSPD. My child is in grade 3. I also believe the school the writer depicts is DBSPD.

I agree with the comments that:
1. There is only a few homework( not a piece of homework for the former summmer vacation) for the students.
2. The examination content is quite hard and demanding
3. For the teachers, I guess some is more committed and have good teaching skills but some may not. I believe the 師資 is more or less the same as her counterparts in HK(but some parents may have the false expectation that 師資 of those elite schools should be better).

At times I may be a little bit worry that the school is too liberal and not demanding enough to push up her students, particularly academically. However, I still support the philosophy and teaching approach of the school in which students should be learned through exploring and environment/knowledge by thier own. Students there are encouraged to read extensively(like my son, though there are no assignments delivered by school the former summer vacation, he read more than 40 English books initiated by himself, not compulsory). In addition, boys are enouraged to participate a lot in diferent ECAs/sports team/music before and after school. My son enjoys school very much and he is really proud of himself as a DBS boy.

For me, I am happy to put my son in DBSPD as I am not too keen on the academic performance( I know that some parents are very anxious on the loose academic syllabus of DBSPD). The school approach matches well with my expectation for school life for my son.

So whether you think a school is good depending on your expectations towards a school.

9#
發表於 12-9-5 00:15 |只看該作者
Band 1 中學收最好的33%學生,Band 1 中之Band 1 可能收前10%學生。3%讀IB,2%出國,剩下5%,居然有2%跌出37%的大學入學資格率,也確是頗難接受的!
另一原因據講是該校「請」了很多精英運動員入學,代表學校參加比賽取金牌。辦學的為了運動比賽取勝而出此「 」策,又是另一樣我不能接受的東西!

10#
發表於 12-9-5 09:49 |只看該作者
thanks for the info.  so parents should think about the discussion!!!!!   hahaaa

11#
發表於 12-9-8 01:25 |只看該作者
回復 train 的帖子

google吓男拔校長對拒教國民教育既演詞,對比一下St Paul coed既attitude, 名校都有很多種的。男拔從來都唔係幫你教幾多個A的,如果贵子弟只有concern尼樣野,St Paul可能適合你多D。

12#
發表於 12-9-8 01:44 |只看該作者

回覆:yumommom 的帖子

Your comments close to reality.

Many parents either DBSPD parents or not, they are too focus on academic performance and overlook the best part of DBS is ECA and liberal environment.

If they really want pushy and drilling primary schools, they shouldn't go to DBS, waste the space. In many occasions, senior or old boys always remember the ECA and not the studying.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

13#
發表於 12-9-8 01:48 |只看該作者

引用:回復+train+的帖子 google吓男拔校長對拒

原帖由 lawsonmoon 於 12-09-08 發表
回復 train 的帖子

google吓男拔校長對拒教國民教育既演詞,對比一下St Paul coed既attitude, 名校都有很多 ...
終於似番個DB仔。

要**應該去鄧顯,張祝珊,SPCC.......

14#
發表於 12-9-8 01:54 |只看該作者
ANChan59 發表於 12-9-8 01:48
終於似番個DB仔。

要**應該去鄧顯,張祝珊,SPCC.......
u were talking about me or the Principal

15#
發表於 12-9-8 08:51 |只看該作者
lawsonmoon 發表於 12-9-8 01:54
u were talking about me or the Principal
我欣賞你講出學生及家長的心聲

16#
發表於 12-9-8 09:00 |只看該作者
當然我都擔心Ronnie守唔住條底線及傳統,暫時都覺得欣慰。

只要在中文花多些功夫,成績會反彈。在學術上做好些,他能令第一屆lB有38分,希望可以提升NSS的果效。千萬不要為出產狀元為目標,因為太多這種學校了,從多元知能發展較佳。

17#
發表於 12-9-8 10:01 |只看該作者
我個人認為對男仔的培養同女仔係要有所不同, 佢地大個左所要處理同面對的事往往係需要果敢同勇氣, 呢d係要係佢地青少年時期透過團體活動, 跌跌撞撞而學習, 不是從書本中參透, 始終做大事講承擔是要用膊頭唔係用本書黎托.

18#
發表於 12-9-8 10:38 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+lawsonmoon+於+12-09-08+發表

原帖由 ANChan59 於 12-09-08 發表
終於似番個DB仔。

要**應該去鄧顯,張祝珊,SPCC.......
Agree

19#
發表於 12-9-8 10:43 |只看該作者

引用:我個人認為對男仔的培養同女仔係要有所不同

原帖由 VETY 於 12-09-08 發表
我個人認為對男仔的培養同女仔係要有所不同, 佢地大個左所要處理同面對的事往往係需要果敢同勇氣, 呢d係要 ...
完全同意,獨立思考,勇於面對挑戰,及自信心的培養是很重要的!

20#
發表於 12-9-8 10:57 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+VETY+於+12-09-08+發表我個人

原帖由 cmamum 於 12-09-08 發表
完全同意,獨立思考,勇於面對挑戰,及自信心的培養是很重要的!
我覺得這些目標很多學校都會標榜,多元化發展,是大勢所趨。

‹ 上一主題|下一主題