用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 UK university comparison: Keele VS Essex (Urgent!!)
發新帖
查看: 1627|回覆: 7
go

UK university comparison: Keele VS Essex (Urgent!!) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-8-17 21:42 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My son got two choices for Accounting and Finance, Keele and Essex, both unconditional offers. Wondering which one is better? Really need you guys to give opinions. BTW, really urgent
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-8-18 14:52 |只看該作者
是否 Degree? DSE 和 IELTS 甚麼成績?
我都有看了很多這兩校資料,ESSEX 排名高些,Accounting and Finance 有很多排名更高院校都有(世界200大內),你有冇再找多些?

3#
發表於 12-8-19 06:26 |只看該作者
回復 ytamsk 的帖子

They are both good universities. For health related subjects, Keele must be stronger than Essex. For other subjects, both are similar.

I think you may consider the location of them. Keele is near Stoke-On-Trent, in the middle between Manchester and Birmingham. Essex has three campuses and the major campus is in Colchester. All campuses are near London. If your son would like to go to London frequently, then Essex is a better choice.

If I were you, I would choose Essex (as I am not interested in health subjects and love to travel to London).

4#
發表於 12-8-20 15:22 |只看該作者
Thanks so much for replying.  He took GCE A Level in England but not DSE.  After talking to a student representative from Keele, he got a feeling that he will have a happy Uni life for 3 years in Keele than in Essex.  However, he is struggling with the ranking of both Uni (although not much) because seems most of the people in Hong Kong have ever heard about Essex than Keele, then implying that most of the employers do not know Keele.  Any more suggestions?

5#
發表於 12-8-20 17:48 |只看該作者
ytamsk 發表於 12-8-20 15:22
Thanks so much for replying.  He took GCE A Level in England but not DSE.  After talking to a studen ...

If your son studied in England, perhaps he can choose for himself. Regardless of what decision he makes, tell him not to "look back".

6#
發表於 12-8-20 18:27 |只看該作者
elmkc 發表於 12-8-20 17:48
If your son studied in England, perhaps he can choose for himself. Regardless of what decision he m ...

I strongly support elmkc's comments. Perhaps I would add that the next objective for your son is to work hard and get a decent degree (First Class Honours if possible, or Upper Second as a minimum) from either Keele or Essex.
This is for his own good. And he can have a happy life afterwards.

7#
發表於 12-8-20 21:49 |只看該作者
李兆基大仔好似都讀 Keele

8#
發表於 12-8-23 17:00 |只看該作者
Thanks to all of you.  Finally my son chose Keele and am agreed with all your opinions that don't look back and get a beautiful result than focusing on the ranking.  Yes, Mandy is correct, 李兆基大仔 graduated from Keele.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題