用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Tutor Time (Suffork Road) vs. Woodland (Sai Kung)
查看: 4342|回覆: 39
go

Tutor Time (Suffork Road) vs. Woodland (Sai Kung)

發表於 12-8-11 00:12 |顯示全部帖子
新手媽媽, 咩都唔識.  有無人可以 comment 下 Tutor Time (Suffork Road) vs. Woodland (Sai Kung)?  邊間好D?  謝謝!!

發表於 12-8-11 09:09 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:Tutor Time (Suffork Road) vs. Woodland (Sai Kung)

My son is attending Sai Kung Woodland playgroup. The teachers and the principal are very nice. My son loves going to school very much. But some people think that they don't teach much Chinese, and the campus is quite small.

I don't know much about Tutor Time. As I am living in Sai Kung I think Woodland is more convenient to me, and Woodland has a good reputation in international pre-school. So I just send him there.

發表於 12-8-11 09:47 |顯示全部帖子

BTW, you can schedule a school visit for both schools to know more about them. If you are living in Sai Kung/Clear Water Bay area there is another pre-school you may want to consider. It is called Sunshine House.

發表於 12-8-11 16:52 |顯示全部帖子
回復 ekhc 的帖子

This is something I posted when somebody was asking about TT vs. PIPS:

"No comment about PIPS, but definitely not TT.  They are so commercial... and more importantly no heart for kids... only thing is $$$$$.  Their teachers have extremely high turnover rates... each year only 1 or 2 (or even less) old teachers would stay behind, because they don't have hearts for the teachers as well.  Go there at your own risk... and waste your money!"

I would say.... anywhere but  TT!!!

Good luck!

發表於 12-8-11 17:17 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks u all for the advices.

Indeed, agree that TT is quite commercial and expensive!  

Just seems that TT is more famous (though dunno in what aspect). And I am also worried that it 's not easy for my gal to shift to local school (if necessary), if stay in Woodland.  

發表於 12-8-11 20:55 |顯示全部帖子
If you want to send your daughter to international school, I think Woodland may be a better choice as it is more famous and reputable than TT. Nevertheless, both are considered IS stream and you may need to think about whether you should send your daughter to these schools, especially the pre-school section if you want her to study in local school later.

發表於 12-8-11 21:21 |顯示全部帖子
回復 ekhc 的帖子

Also, my point of view is... it's 'ok' or 'acceptable' to be commercial and expensive, it's a free trade (and commercial) world (願買願賣), but at least, as an education institute, they need to have the heart for kids. You pay money and they need to give the 'service'.  But they don't.  They only care about getting more and more money, but they don't give back to the kids.  The hygiene and safety measures that they do is only a show to the parents, but not really for the sake of the kids, so, their hygiene and safety measures are really not that great... they just 'seem' to be good (in front of the parents).  So... again... good luck.

發表於 12-8-11 23:09 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 ekhc 於 12-8-11 23:28 編輯

ya, understand.  really needa think think ...

anyway, thx all u guys for the valuable advices!  

發表於 12-8-12 01:18 |顯示全部帖子

回復+ekhc+的帖子 This+is+something+I+po

原帖由 marathon 於 12-08-11 發表
回復 ekhc 的帖子

This is something I posted when somebody was asking about TT vs. PIPS:
my daughter study in TT FROM 8months till now ( She just finish the nursery class). in playgroup i just join every Sat (and i almost just attn 1 or 2 time per month, coz sometime i need to work on Sat ) but the teacher still remember her name will ask what's my daugher happening why always absent. And the admin staff also will call me to ask any problem of my daughter. and the teacher will hug my daugher once she attn to the class.

when my daughter study in nursery class, the school fee is $7500 but there are no extra charge,even school uniform and backpack is included. Not like some school may be school fee is only $5k something but need extra charge for snack or others fee also $1k something so the total also almost same.

My daughter love to school, and no teacher turnover during this year. everymonth they will have 2 school report email to me and talking about what my daughter happening in school. and the email make me  feel the teacher is used their heart to write it.  May be some people will think TT is too 'HEA",but i really think my girl can learn something and getting fun in her nursery life.

And i can say TT is a good Nursery for me.

發表於 12-8-12 23:43 |顯示全部帖子
回復 Sonaming 的帖子

oops ... diverse views on TT tim.  some say it's good, some say it's not!  really needa think think ...

發表於 12-8-13 03:10 |顯示全部帖子
My girl is attending Tt Playgroup (2 times a week). She really enjoys it and really happy when I tell her it is time for school.

The staffs are nice. Everytime I call for enquiries they give me full attention and explain everything to me patiently. I am very satisfy with that.

The teachers are very nice too. They will tell me how is my daughter doing whenever I sit at the waiting area.

I have no problem with this school at all

發表於 12-8-13 22:06 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks, Vianna33!  Very positive comments on TT!!

發表於 12-8-14 09:58 |顯示全部帖子
回復 ekhc 的帖子

Hi! I am new to this forum.   My daughter has been with TT since PN and she likes the school very much.  By the way, TT (Suffork) only has PN. If you plan to attend K1 in TT later, then TT (Dorset) is better.   

發表於 12-8-14 12:21 |顯示全部帖子
My kid is joining the summer camp at Woodland (Sai Kung). She told me that teachers are nice and she is very happy

發表於 12-8-14 13:01 |顯示全部帖子
回復 cppc20 的帖子

icic, thx :)

發表於 12-8-14 13:03 |顯示全部帖子
回復 michellebaby 的帖子

good to hear the good comment from the real user (i.e. the kid)!  

發表於 12-8-14 14:30 |顯示全部帖子

Both of my boys go to TT since playgroup. My elder son is going to ESF kindergarten for K2 and my youngest one will start PN in this coming September. So far, I am satisfied with the teachers.  When I pick up my son at school, they will have a few comment on my son (+ve or - ve), so I know how he is going at school. Teachers will send out weekly progress of the class and monthly comment on the kids through notice board to the parents which I find them very useful and helpful.   There are good and bad sides of the school, it depends how you weight them.

發表於 12-8-14 18:35 |顯示全部帖子

My twins have been going to TT since 1 year old and they will be going to ESF for K1. Somehow TT is well regarded by ESF as when I mentioned to the ESF teachers at the play date about my boys attending TT, they seemed to acknowledge their teaching method as being quite all- rounded.

As a working mum, I think TT teachers are good in taking the initiatives in letting me know the progress of my kids. They can picked out some minor details about my boys that I am very impressed about.

Teachers that I have came across are very caring, except one that has already left. So far I'm happy with the school and I think my kids love it too. They can still remember the names of their playgroup and nursery class teachers and ask me to bring them back to say hello.

點評

ekhc    發表於 12-8-15 23:07

發表於 12-8-14 19:22 |顯示全部帖子
My child attended TT since he was 1 year old, he just finished his K1 in there.  In my eye, TT is fantastic in many aspects.....but I also heard about bad experiences in some campus, so I think it is depends on which campus u are in.

發表於 12-8-15 23:04 |顯示全部帖子
回復 田心 的帖子

good!  frequent communication and progress report are so valuable, especially for working mum, like me!!