教育王國 討論區 備戰大學 IB Language ab initio
發新帖
查看: 1256|回覆: 3
go

IB Language ab initio [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-8-10 20:50 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 12-8-10 20:51 編輯

IB website says the language ab initio course is for students with little or no experience of the language.  

1. Is there a guideline on what amounts to "little experience"?
2. If not, does it mean that each individual school could make its own decision as to what constitute "little experience"?

I have this question because my kids might want to do Spanish or French ab initio.  However, if they are to take courses to learn the language beforehand, would they be considered not qualified for the ab initio course because their experience of the language is more than "little"?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-8-11 00:20 |只看該作者
You can send an email to IBO to seek for the official answer(s).

點評

bobbycheung  Thanks!  發表於 12-8-11 00:51
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

3#
發表於 12-8-13 18:10 |只看該作者
回復 bobbycheung 的帖子

Hi bobby,

一般IS 初中已有second languages, 待高中时原校便顺理成章的要求学生念second language B, (HL or SL), 特别是second language 还算中规中矩的 学校未必很容易的便可以让学生重新選读French or Spanish ab initio的,为免误解,提议早点跟原校确认他们的取向.不然最终可能学校和家长的期望便有差异了. 

annie

4#
發表於 12-8-17 13:37 |只看該作者
Annie,

Sorry for my belated reply as I have been banned for talking rubbish in another thread.  Anyway, thanks for the reminder.  In fact, my kid is thinking of transferring to a new school where he has to start learning a new language afresh as the language he has been learning for years won't be available there.  Anyway, IBO's reply is that there is no guidline on what would amount to "little experience" and each school has its own say in the matter.  

Does anybody know what French and Spanish ab initio are like?  Are they really hard?  

Bobby
‹ 上一主題|下一主題