用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Tutor Time (Suffolk Rd) vs. Woodland (Sai Kung)
樓主: ekhc
go

Tutor Time (Suffolk Rd) vs. Woodland (Sai Kung) [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 12-8-19 00:05 |只看該作者
Caramom always shares with us very detailed and useful information.  Really helpful for non-experienced mum, like me.  Thanks so much!  

22#
發表於 12-8-20 15:58 |只看該作者
Dear Caramon, yes, I think IS teaching style is more or less like the way of Montesorri - stress on independency and explore the world by yourself etc instead of duck-fed. I heard about CKY too but I also heard the majority school is coming from locals (not really much diverse in the nationality). I am also thinking about CIS in Shatin but my friend told me I have to decide at the level of kindergarten or else it is difficult to get into at Primary 1.....Of course, will still try good kindergarten first and see what choice we may have la.

23#
發表於 12-8-20 16:07 |只看該作者
ekhc 發表於 12-8-19 00:05
Caramom always shares with us very detailed and useful information.  Really helpful for non-experien ...

You're very welcome, I hope my expereince helps and could let you to have a closer look on Woodlands, though there are sufficient and detailed information on Woodlands' website, first-hand information is improtant too!

點評

ekhc    發表於 12-8-25 23:46

24#
發表於 12-8-20 16:26 |只看該作者
mamaokasan 發表於 12-8-20 15:58
Dear Caramon, yes, I think IS teaching style is more or less like the way of Montesorri - stress on  ...

Dear mamaokasan,
Sorry, are you referring to ICS instead of CIS? Since CIS is located in Braemar Hill while ICS is located in Shatin.
ICS is an American school with Christian background, it's quite popular actually. Joining their kindergarten will secure you a place in Pre-Grade 1, it's rather difficult to get a place in Grade 1 without attending their kindergarten and Pre-Grade 1. This situation occurs in almost every IS.

Concerning CKY, it's basically a private school providing bilingual curriculum and mostly filled with local students. The percentage of foreign students will be lower when compared with IS. Students will take IGCSE and IB DP like other IS.

Nowadays getting a place in an IS is not easy at all, if you have your targets schools, you should send the application asap.

點評

ekhc    發表於 12-8-25 23:45
ekhc    發表於 12-8-25 23:45
‹ 上一主題|下一主題