搜索
教育王國 討論區 備戰大學 Warwick vs CUHK
發新帖
查看: 5303|回覆: 10
go

Warwick vs CUHK [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-8-1 11:40 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi, my son got offer from university of Warwcik studying the Economic and the Quantitative finance and risk management of CUHK.  He wants to get exposure from overseas but also think the offer from CU is good.  Can anyone give us some comments regarding both universities and courses?  Thanks!

點評

elbar  Only one Supports overseas studying. Go Warwick.   發表於 12-8-1 19:32
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-8-1 14:56 |只看該作者
cwy07 發表於 12-8-1 11:40
Hi, my son got offer from university of Warwcik studying the Economic and the Quantitative finance and risk management of CUHK.  He wants to get exposure from overseas but also think the offer from CU is good.
CUHK QFin/RiskManagement is good enough.

Overseas exposure can be gained after his 1st degree.

Congratulations!!

3#
發表於 12-8-1 16:25 |只看該作者
回復 JP 的帖子

4#
發表於 12-8-1 17:46 |只看該作者
回復 cwy07 的帖子

The ranking of Warwick is slightly lower than CUHK (both in Times and QS rankings) but the costs will be much higher.  Overseas exposure can also be gained through exchange and/or summer programme in undergraduate study.

5#
發表於 12-8-1 20:59 |只看該作者
cwy07 發表於 12-8-1 11:40
Hi, my son got offer from university of Warwcik studying the Economic and the Quantitative finance a ...

It depends on  what your son wants in the future. If he will stay in Hong Kong for his career, then CUHK will be better. If he wants to work overseas, then Warwick will be better. Also, you may consider other things, such as costs for the whole program (including living expenses), desire to use more English (Warwick will be better than CU), the career associated with the program, etc. Actually, both universities are very good, and the selection of any one of them is not a  wrong choice. Most often, it is not possible to select the best one as your situation may change from time to time.

For example, I've got a relative whose family returned to Hong Kong last year and whose son got admission from University of Queensland and HKUST last year. Her son finally chose HKUST and is now studying in Hong Kong. However, my relative is now thinking of moving back to Brisbane, and her son is now in a dilemma of whether going back to study in UQ or staying with his grandparents in Hong Kong.

6#
發表於 12-8-2 11:18 |只看該作者
回復 elmkc 的帖子

Thank you very much for your comments and advices.  It is not easy for him to make a decision at this age, though I want him to decide every steps about his future.  From our point of view, wherever he goeswill be good if it is at his own choice. Therefore, I want to seek more comments about the two universities and their future prospect.  Does anyone know about the prospect of graduate from Warwick Economic?  Is it difficult to get a job in financial job market?  What about the further study chance?  What master course need to go further in order to get into professional job markets?

7#
發表於 12-8-2 13:11 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 snowbell 於 12-8-2 13:45 編輯

http://www.ukgogo.com/uk_2008_12.html

http://www.ukgogo.com/2.warwick.ac.html

FYI

8#
發表於 12-8-2 21:03 |只看該作者

Ranking of Economics 才正確。

點評

snowbell  Thx  發表於 12-8-2 21:52

9#
發表於 12-8-3 04:11 |只看該作者
cwy07 發表於 12-8-2 11:18
回復 elmkc 的帖子

Thank you very much for your comments and advices.  It is not easy for him to mak ...

Both universities are very good, but I don't see that there is any information that can indicate the prospects of studying the two programme (because the two programmes are not professional programmes as medicine and law). Also, things applied to one person may not be applied to another person.

The financial job market is very competitive, especially due to the downturn of the global financial situation.

If you look for future study for your son, then perhaps Warwick is a better choice as he can apply for the Master's programmes in Oxford, Cambridge and London univ (LSE or LBS) easier. They are world class universities and should have a better future career prospect.

10#
發表於 12-8-3 22:42 |只看該作者
驟眼來看, CUHK 同warick 差幾皮喎
warick business 好出名吓

11#
發表於 12-8-4 14:19 |只看該作者
回復 cwy07 的帖子

Try - the student room website, more info about Economics and UK university.
CUHK's QFin is a very popular program in the past, as less jobs from Financial market, he may need to consider the career and job aspects.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題