用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 英國大學預備班 (UK Foundation Course)
發新帖
查看: 4133|回覆: 5
go

英國大學預備班 (UK Foundation Course)

發表於 12-7-23 12:12 |顯示全部帖子
最近在一些英國升學講座經常聽到關於英國大學預備班 (UK Foundation Course)的介紹,通過預備班校內考試合格,即可入讀該所或其他聯繫大學,兼且這些課程會收香港中五學生入讀。心想,如經濟許可的話,在本地讀完中五報考這樣的大學預備班,再升三年制大學,到取得大學學位只需4年時間,比在港讀中六考DSE 升4年制本地大學共雖5年時間還要快。

小女就讀band 1頭英中,今年暑假後升中四理科,成績屬級內前25%,不過最弱中文科,擔心經不起HKDSE 中文3級的考驗,所以有意待她完成中五後循此途徑到英國升學。

請問各位家長或同學有否這樣途徑升學的經驗(無論利與弊)可以分享一下?

謝謝 !!

發表於 12-7-24 14:55 |顯示全部帖子
For my years, " Foundation Course"  is for those student who did not get the good result from A Level.  this is just another way to get into university.  1 year foundation course, once you passed all the exam then normally you will be albe to get into that university.   So, better carry on to take the HKDSE, the worst case is if the result is no as good as you thought then just give 1 more year to take the foundation couse.  As in UK only 3 years for university, so no need to worry.  

發表於 12-7-24 18:25 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for your sharing!
Maybe you're right, I never know what she will achieve in DSE if she never try to.
I always get mad of her, she has good result in most subjects but Chinese Language,everytime get marks just in between pass and fail, it seems not on the standard to get Grade 3 in DSE.

點評

nisha  If only Chinese, then I will definetly try to take the DSE.  Even in HK Univerisity, as long as you pass Chinese.  Should not be any problem to get the entry ticket for university.  發表於 12-7-30 16:15

發表於 12-7-29 21:27 |顯示全部帖子
nisha,

thanks for your information.

Do you know about University of Surrey, UK.  Is it the Top in Hospitalilty  and Tourism Management?
thanks.
a :hammer: :yawn:

發表於 12-7-30 16:23 |顯示全部帖子
回復 weiwei 的帖子

according to this website, Surrey is the best  http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Hospitality%2c+Leisure%2c+Recreation+%26+Tourism

發表於 12-7-30 18:19 |顯示全部帖子
回復 nisha 的帖子

nisha,

thanks so much.

Do you know : (1)  the fee for Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism Foundation + 3 year degree course for the international students?
(2)  After finished the Foundation Course, will all the students promoted to Year 1,  what is the percentage?

thanks

點評

nisha  1. Not sure, but from their website, you can check it out again in Sep 2012 (Local student is  £9,000 per year)
2. the basic requirement is pass all exam in the Foundation Course  發表於 12-8-7 14:50
a :hammer: :yawn: