傳統小學與國際學校可不可以銜接? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-5-13 15:47 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
如果是英文小學學生有沒有困難?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-5-14 12:31 |只看該作者
未轉校前,於Open Day 問d senior students 同一問題,她們笑說不會有困難,反之LS學生更勤力。

親身經驗:女兒轉校幾個月,學習/學業沒問題,但她覺得沒挑戰性,所以不肯全力以赴........ 唉!

3#
發表於 12-5-17 00:06 |只看該作者
Chole, I am  quite surprised at what you said. From a traditional local school to an international school isn't challenging?  (that's strange remark in my opinion).

For my daughter, she went from a local school to international school in P2. She is now in P4. I can honestly say, even though we are Native English Speakers, it has taken her up to THIS year (three years!) to fully catch up to what an International school expects in English writing, the projects, public speaking, presentation skills, and worse of all, her Mandarin has been a nightmare. Finally, this year, she is an above average student in her class for Mandarin.

She went to an Elite traditional school prior to this IS.
Problem was, the whole teaching method, and homework, and mentality, and culture, and classmates in a local school is TOTALLY different from IS.
Her local school had SO little Mandarin compared to now.....we spend alot of hours and tutor to help her catch up to her Mandarin level now.

Her brother, on the other hand, went to the SAME local school only for one year. He went to this IS because I wanted them both in the same school, so I switched him over to this IS, giving up the spot in the elite local kindergarten.

His adjustment was much faster because he started in Reception. His mandarin is like native. His presentation skills, public speaking skills, and confidence is clearly much stronger than my older one.

Now, both are pretty much where I expect to be in academics, sports, music, and social skills.

So in my opinion, unless your child coming from a local school is very strong in these areas, not just academics..... then he will be alright in an IS.
Also, if the IS focuses on Mandarin, then your child needs to have a good foundation in Mandarin when switching to IS. Or you will be having a hard time catching up, and also put in the lower level classes.

Just my experience.

4#
發表於 12-5-17 11:26 |只看該作者
回復 Pianokc 的帖子

Dear Pianokc

Could I know which IS your children are in?

5#
發表於 12-5-17 12:45 |只看該作者
回復 Pianokc 的帖子

My girl is not good at Chinese but so doesher IS and she does not need to work hard.
We finally agreed that she has to get distinction in every test or elseI will step in and revise with her like in her primary years (she revised on her own except Chinese).
I am a bit worried about her IB though.
Besides, it is difficult to find a Chinesewriting class at secondary level.
If shejoins Luk Chan, she’s caught in the middle of those IS and LS courses.
Still searching…..

Her English is no longer at the top of the class like before but I have no concern.  She loves English and reads a lot. All of her teachers say she's friendly and has no problem to work with people she's not familiar with.

I don't think that she has a hard time adjusting except for sports which is more demanding than her old LS.   Um.... she has boys issue though, she thinks they are disruptive in class and it is a waste of her class time!

‹ 上一主題|下一主題