用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Montessori Playgroup - Best Concept or Bambino?
樓主: minirat
go

Montessori Playgroup - Best Concept or Bambino? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 12-5-15 10:19 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 elmostoney 於 12-5-15 10:21 編輯

retriever, my kids both went to KLT when 宥語老師 moved there in Nov 2010.  Before then, there was only the TST centre and my daughter has been there since 2008 and my son since mid-2009.  She left one year ago and returned to Taiwan for personal reasons.  I wanted to move my kids back to TST, but Sarah said there were no space left (because I had to move TWO kids).  They stayed until July, then we took one month off.  I moved my son to ICMS (poor choice) and my daughter started Y1 in IS for full day in Sept so she couldn't go to BC anymore.  When I found out what was happening at ICMS, I immediately transferred my son back to TST.  That was in mid-Nov last year.  So he has been with Ms. Nina for 1/2 year now and is doing quite well.  He will stay at TST until school starts at IMS in Sept.  Since he is doing 5 days/week, as I understand from Amy, it is noted during their weekly meeting with the owner that he is progressing quite well and one can tell the difference between children who go for 2 or 3 days and my son.  Indeed, I know I am taking much risk in not placing him at a "proper" kindy.  Luckily, things turn out OK and now he can go to IMS and hopefully, finish primary there.

42#
發表於 12-5-15 12:05 |只看該作者
回復 elmostoney 的帖子

sorrie. a typo in my previous post. i meant for Ms. Emily... is she the assistant to Ms. Ellen when your boy was attending TST center?

43#
發表於 12-5-15 14:40 |只看該作者
elmostoney 發表於 12-5-15 10:12
minirat, i have a relative whose twins had kawasaki.  it's a bit scary at times, but as they grow ol ...

Oh did both of them contact the disease at the same time?  If so, I guess it should has something to do with inflection.  Otherwise I would have guess that it runs in the genes.  Doctor mentioned that the cause of this disease is still unknown, and this is extremely depressing.  It must be so difficult for their parents, especially at that time, this disease was probably not so well known, and they must have went through the hard way to get treated.

You are doing your best, and this is most important.  And yes, nothing is more important than being healthy.  We should be grateful.

44#
發表於 12-5-15 15:05 |只看該作者
elmostoney 發表於 12-5-15 10:19
retriever, my kids both went to KLT when 宥語老師 moved there in Nov 2010.  Before then, there was o ...

So are you implying that the TST centre is better than the one at KLT?
Btw how are the school fees like at IMS?

45#
發表於 12-5-15 18:21 |只看該作者
retriever, yes, ms emily was assistant to ms ellen when my son was at their toddler class.

minirat - tst centre is not necessarily better than TST.  Mostly because ms nina was working with 宥語 before and they later split the two to 2 locations, so my son actually knew ms nina.  宥語 has been with BC for a much longer time and she knew my daughter better, so I opted to move both kids to KLT.  After she left, there was a period when KLT BC was quite chaotic.  However, I heard that now, their casa class is run by an experienced teacher from Taiwan who actually got her Montessori qualification from Italy.  Only TST is much closer and my son knows Nina already, so it's better for me to send him there.

46#
發表於 12-5-16 10:53 |只看該作者
minirat, ims is very expensive.  Before, I never dreamed that I would one day be willing to pay their fees.  You can check on their website.

However, my rational is that, by going to IMS, my son will not need to have after school tuition in English, Math and Chinese and still be able to maintain a reasonably good standard vs. in most LS, 全科補習好像很難避免.  除了 $, 時間, 對孩子的精神和體力也構成壓力.

As for my daughter, she will, inevitably need more private tuition in Chinese after school.  That translates into 1. more work after school 2. less play time 3. more $$.

47#
發表於 12-5-16 10:58 |只看該作者
elmostoney 發表於 12-5-15 18:21
retriever, yes, ms emily was assistant to ms ellen when my son was at their toddler class.

minirat  ...

I see!  we are at hung hom, so both TST and KLT are equally accessible to us.
i can't wait to send my boy for some discipline.  he is getting a little out of hand recently.  ever since he recovered from kawasaki and returned home, he has been like that.  he is happy, talkative and very active most of the times but will get cranky and petty easily over minor issues.

48#
發表於 12-5-22 14:38 |只看該作者
回復 minirat 的帖子

Hi Minirat :

MS ELLEN 真係禁講喎…佢話以佢經驗越細D BB反而仲唔喊 ,因為佢地入到課室都比D玩具同教材吸引住

媽咪行開都唔知, 所以你放心啦去左試堂睇下啱唔啱先囉….同埋係BC直情冇得試堂, 一去就要做SEPARATION .

49#
發表於 12-5-22 14:54 |只看該作者
elmostoney 發表於 12-5-16 10:53
minirat, ims is very expensive.  Before, I never dreamed that I would one day be willing to pay thei ...

I missed your reply.  I think their school fees are more expensive than SIS, which I'm also targetting.  My son has yet to reach that stage, so I am not sure whether I will change my mind later.  However at this moment, my mentality now is to avoid giving him too much pressure and time spent on academic apart from school hours.  I hope he can seek a balance in both academic and other leisure activites.  All of us have went through schooling and working in the society, and we know that academic results are just a small part of the real world.  One's life is a long run and I hope my son will have a happy childhood and no regrets from us as parents.

50#
發表於 12-5-22 14:55 |只看該作者
vivianlym 發表於 12-5-22 14:38
回復 minirat 的帖子

Hi Minirat :

其實我都想試下separation
我BB越來越百厭
我好期待送他去“受訓”

51#
發表於 12-5-24 09:33 |只看該作者
minirat, 我個仔就係冇物補習個種, 除左返5日半晝, 一星期就上三次運動堂, 我有個普通話老師, 一個星期來兩次, 不過主要係補大女, 細佬都係tag along, 上一陣.  平時我自己教佢讀下書就算, 寫字都冇物迫.  係外邊, 以佢咁年齡, 已經要狂操寫字, 我覺得冇必要, 等佢手仔肌肉再好d先.  佢而家都係寫下自己個英文名, 中文都係寫一, 二, 三呢d, 亦冇日日寫.  人生流流長, 何需急於一時?  我唔信外邊d小朋友比我個仔早一兩年寫字, 就代表會學多d野, 到時阿仔ready, 好快會catch up.

52#
發表於 12-5-25 15:39 |只看該作者
minirat 發表於 12-5-22 14:55
其實我都想試下separation
我BB越來越百厭
我好期待送他去“受訓”
就等 Ms Ellen 教訓下去啦....hehe

53#
發表於 12-5-25 23:03 |只看該作者
Would anyone like to share info on this infamous "Ms Ellen"? What is she famous for and who is she?
What happened at ICMS? please share?

As of june 2010, IMS and Casa Dei Bamini are only the two true Montessori school in Hong Kong. Some school likes to call themselves montessori or uses montessori methods. Be aware there is no accreditation and the word "Montessori" is not trademark or registered by anyone including Maria.

It is absolutely meaningless to send a child to a Montessori school if the parents don't support montessori teaching and methods at home. This might be a reason why some parents think that it takes a long time to see results from montessori teaching methods.

Also, IMS runs till Grade 6, not secondary, as suggested by some.

54#
發表於 12-5-28 10:46 |只看該作者
CDB has some problems of its own - which I have heard from a number of friends and neighbors who sent their children there.  So even if it's true Montessori, I wouldn't send my kids there and I have visited their campus 3 times.  It's always the same reasons, but I don't want to elaborate openly at the forum.

ICMS is not a true Montessori in that sense, e.g. their activities and work routine.  Teachers' supervision over students is a bit lacking in some areas - this is personal experience.

My son was with Ms. Ellen during his entire toddler year (18 months ~ 32 months) until he moved up to casa.  I believe she was accredited AMI in the US (or at least she studied for her AMI there, but I am not sure where she did her practicum).  She was at Best Concept in 2007 - possibly earlier - because she was already in BC when my friend sent her child there in early 2008.  She was willing to communicate with parents, patient, caring, and discussed issues about the child whether it was something that happened at home or just general questions raised by the parents.  She is just one of those teachers that I really felt would go the extra mile.

If anyone has experience with Montessori from Taiwan, you know what I am talking about.  Taiwan has a much longer history in Montessori education than HK - probably around 25~30 years.  It is a reasonably popular form of preschool education there.  Best Concept's owner has ties to Taiwan and she hires some teachers there.  Talking about true Montessori, BC owner herself is accredited 0~6 and has finished AMI primary already.  The school is non-profit making as the owner has her own business.  She is running BC due to her own passion.  Out of the last 3 years that we were in Casa, school fees have never been raised.  Although they will take up to 7 children in a casa class, as of now, I see mostly 5 in my son's class (1/2 day).  So it's impossible to run the school for profit!  They do plan to combine their KLT and TST campus together during the summer, so it will take up to 14 kids.  However, they will also put in an assistant.

55#
發表於 12-5-28 17:00 |只看該作者
回復 elmostoney 的帖子

hello, could you elaborate a bit more about the merge of TST and KLT BC? do u mean they will hire one big center and close the existing two centers?

56#
發表於 12-5-28 20:31 |只看該作者
the existing TST centre is a property owned, not rented.  KLT is rented.  So they will close down KLT, at least for casa.  The KLT casa class will move to TST.  Mostly because they need a 補習牌, and it is a hassle to get one for KLT as well.  I don't know what they plan to do with the toddler class at KLT.  For sure, they won't add to the numbers as it is capped at 12 for toddler.  They have always run casa with 14 kids until this 補習牌 issue emerged.  

57#
發表於 12-5-29 11:51 |只看該作者
回復 elmostoney 的帖子

there are not many student in the casa class... at least on the days i visited the TST center... so, what you are saying is that there will be only one center in the future, rite... what is their schedule then?

and does it mean there will be some teachers going to leave? provided there would not be any expansion in the TST center...

58#
發表於 12-5-29 15:47 |只看該作者
elmostoney 發表於 12-5-28 10:46
CDB has some problems of its own - which I have heard from a number of friends and neighbors who sen ...

I agree a teacher with heart is more important than the school background.  And thanks for all the tips.  I hope I will put these in good use in time to come.

59#
發表於 12-5-29 17:05 |只看該作者
retriever, I don't believe they plan to let go of teachers.  I have no idea about what they plan to do with toddler class as it doesn't concern me.  Casa class will remain the same, only more students in a class.  An assistant who worked here before went to the UK to study and will return to work during the summer.  You can ask Amy for more details.

60#
發表於 12-5-30 21:52 |只看該作者
回復 elmostoney 的帖子

Elmostoney, could you tell me the annual tuition and misc fees for IMS kinder and also primary? I have checked the school website which does not mention the financial aspect.
Btw, my son has started at Bambino and he seems to be progressing although it is too early to say montessori education is the best path for him.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題