密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Letter from ESF to parents
樓主: 宏媽
go

Letter from ESF to parents

發表於 12-3-18 09:22 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, all

I really have been spending too much time in expressing my very thorough views in this topic, so I have to leave this topic.  

Please feel free to express your views.

發表於 12-3-18 10:11 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:Letter from ESF to parents

可唔可以講下點為之 cyber bullying? 將一個真實事件的 video 放上 youtube, 容許觀眾自行判斷對與錯,都係 cyber bullying? 我想

點評

no-bully  Someone suggests that the video clips should not be put on the public forum and we should not talk about it.  發表於 12-3-18 14:14

發表於 12-3-18 11:07 |顯示全部帖子
i think it depends on you want your girl in local stream or IS. KCS is strong for local stream.

發表於 12-3-18 11:50 |顯示全部帖子
OKmom 發表於 12-3-18 09:18
回復 bobbycheung 的帖子

I didn't mean you made me tired in my previous post, I meant I had been spe ...
So our difference has now been narrowed down to this.  You are happy to rely on the CEO's promise that appropriate action will be taken etc.  On the other hand, I want them to tell us what their finding is regarding the coach and what action, if any, will be taken against him.  If the CEO is not going to tell us their finding, could they have come to the conclusion that the coach did nothing wrong?   If so, we need the know the reason for this conclusion.  If they also take the view that the coach is wrong, the CEO should demonstrate to us that they take this seriously and tell us what action has been taken against the coach.  Again, if the CEO says nothing, could it be that her idea of appropriate action is just simply to tell the coach not to commmit this same mistake again?  I am anxious to know because I think the coach's mistake was even more serious than that of the ESF boy.  If the coach had talked to his players asking them to calm down and not to play so agrressively during the match, the incident could have been avoided completely.   Now the CEO only mentioned about the ESF boy's mistake and has said nothing about the coach, this is to me clearly not enough.  By the way, appropriate action also means that the action should be taken timely.  If there is a delay without good reason, the action could not be said as appropriate.

點評

acdad    發表於 12-3-20 16:12

發表於 12-3-18 20:20 |顯示全部帖子
By the way, the "victim" is only 10.  Who let him go to youtube, read the comments and exposed to "cyber bullying"?  

發表於 12-3-18 20:59 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 easydad 於 12-3-18 21:11 編輯

Actually, there are times when certain people/organisations are stuck up to a point that they need to suffer much in order to learn a lesson, to right a wrong.

From the moment I heard legal letters were being sent, I know we better not expect proper handling from the school management.  The letter from school further proved me correct unfortunately.

I don't agree to cyber-bullying but what is bullying?  What is the reason for such to happen?  No one welcome heat from media or internet or anyone, no one like to be caught.  Yet, afraid to fall into the spotlight can help people act cautiously, reasonably and responsibly.  Thus, there is always a fine line between cyber-bullying and cyber-justice-seeking.

At the end of the day, we all should be responsible for what we have done.  The kicker has problem, the coach has a bigger problem, the school now has the biggest problem.  We should teach our kids to be responsible but heck.... school like carpets?   Naturally, kids will ask "Why can't I?".

Anyway, so much about it.  I really should stop reading all these stuff to be cooooooool.   

點評

acdad    發表於 12-3-20 16:14

發表於 12-3-18 22:27 |顯示全部帖子
回復 kenfu 的帖子

cannot agree more!

發表於 12-3-18 22:34 |顯示全部帖子
回復 OKmom 的帖子

is it illegal to post a tape on youtube? if it is legal then ESF CEO has no right to request such removal right?

發表於 12-3-18 23:34 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 12-3-18 23:49 |顯示全部帖子
u wanna talk about ethics? what about the ESF kid kicking the kitchee boy? was THAT ethical?????

發表於 12-3-18 23:51 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 12-3-19 00:58 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 12-3-22 00:40 |顯示全部帖子
easydad 發表於 12-3-17 00:37
We all know kids can be wild but there is a limit.  Right after the kicker made the blow, as a respo ...
Well said!