和子女一起好好的準備,迎接中學的生活吧。
Good Luck!

42#
發表於 12-4-19 23:04 |只看該作者

回覆:ckw1500 的帖子

Thanks!

43#
發表於 12-4-20 09:37 |只看該作者
My son is studying Form 4, fhe first batch of students under the DSS. Welcome you all!

44#
發表於 12-4-20 17:37 |只看該作者
回復 ssckid 的帖子

Hello, my son will study S1 in coming September.  Look forward to hearing more news about of school life and making new friends.  Excited ...

45#
發表於 12-4-21 00:21 |只看該作者

回覆:ssckid 的帖子

請問有冇特別要注意既事?小朋友容易適應嗎?

46#
發表於 12-4-21 00:21 |只看該作者
:loveliness:I have also accepted the offer.  But I'm worrying about whether my son can manage to exercise self-control if he takes boarding throughout the year.  Can anyone tell me more boarding life?  

47#
發表於 12-4-23 10:29 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 ssckid 於 12-4-23 10:32 編輯

回復 abceager 的帖子

My son was a graduate of the St. Stephen's College Preparatory School and a band one student. He did not choose other secondary schools because he liked the school very much. After more than 3 years of study in this secondary school, my son still likes the school so I know that we have made a correct decision.

Frankly speaking, the academic standard is not as high as the most prestigious schools in Hong Kong, but the learning environment and learning atmosphere are good. Students in the elite classes (among 6 classes in each form, 2 of them are elite classes) are highly self-motivated in learning. They are confident and do not just passively receive knowledge from teachers, and have the courage to challenge them. Although they are competing for good results, the relationships among the students are good and the class spirit is high. This is what I treasure most.

As my son is in the first batch of students under the DSS, and I can see that both the school and my son continue to strive for excellence, I am very satified of my choice. If you want to know more about the school, I am more than happy to help.

48#
發表於 12-4-23 13:58 |只看該作者
我大仔係今年ssc F7學生, 由F1入去, 當年重係資助中學.
講下點解會揀ssc, 因為我地住南區(香港仔), 而我仔細個時有哮喘, 而ssc附近冇乜誘惑(7-11, 機鋪, 商場等), 所以自行揀左佢.....
整體其實7年學校生活佢都幾開心, 身體強壯左好多, 少病左好多. 同學間都沒乜問題, 曳學生一定有......
到轉DSS後, 我仔話情況開始有d變, 學校會偏幫DSS學生, 設施都會先讓比D...
後來高中(F4~F7), 對我仔黎講算不如意, 我仔係今年8x個(SSC好似佔7個)考AS phy其中一個考生....我地要求左校長兩年轉考AL phy, 學校都話唔可以轉, 唔想開先例....早知唔原校升F6, 轉去其他學校博自修!
F5好似冇行畢業禮........
老師方面ok既, 大部份教佢既老師都好好既..

49#
發表於 12-4-23 16:02 |只看該作者
回復 ssckid 的帖子

Thanks for your sharing.  May I know if the students will take Pre-S1 for Maths in English or Chinese?  

50#
發表於 12-4-23 17:22 |只看該作者
My daughter has received the offer but we decided to give up as it is really quite far away from home.  However, I really love the environment there.

51#
發表於 12-4-23 21:19 |只看該作者
回復 B媽 的帖子

Among 200 students in Form 1, about 80 of them are from their preparatory school so many of them know each other well. But there is no need to worry as youngsters can make friends easily provided that your kid does not hide himself away. This is an English school, so if your son comes from a chinese school, he may need some time to catch up as the English standard of those from the preparatory school is quite high.

52#
發表於 12-4-23 21:28 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 ssckid 於 12-4-23 21:29 編輯

回復 abceager 的帖子

Students study most of the subjects in English, including Mathematics and they learn Chinese in putongua. In fact, the mathematics standard is not bad. My son has a classmate who sat for the HKCEE in Form 2 and got As in Mathematics and Additional Mathematics and a credit in Chemistry. Last year about half of their Form 7 students got As in pure mathematics.

53#
發表於 12-4-23 22:35 |只看該作者
May be I just mention something about boarding.  My daughter is now studying S2.  She has been a regular boarder since S1 but she is going to leave the dormitory by the end of this month.  Basically, she has become more independent and disciplined, but at the expense of spending less time on staying with us.  Above all, I'd say that support for regular boarders in terms of academic, house rules and catering etc. has yet to be improved.  It's quite inconvenient for the kids to go to other districts for private tuitions after school though they're allowed to do so.  And there are insufficient study rooms for the boarders to study quietly after school (esp. during test & exam periods) or to practise musical instruments etc.  Besides, there're inevitable conflicts among the students and sometimes with the wardens too.

But thanks for the present Principal who has spent more than an hour on discussing with me and my daughter about the problems she has been facing during these two years.  Hopefully, there're some improvements for the remaining boarders in the future.

54#
發表於 12-4-24 09:43 |只看該作者
學校係咪有精英班?? 如果入唔到精英班,師資係咪差好遠??

55#
發表於 12-4-24 12:59 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 ssckid 於 12-4-24 13:02 編輯

回復 B媽 的帖子

Among six classes in each form, two of them are elite classes. In fact the difference is not the teachers' quality but students's learning attitude. Students from elite classes are more self-motivated. Of course this may be the reason why they are in elite classes.

56#
發表於 12-4-25 09:27 |只看該作者
回復 ssckid 的帖子

ssckid, 唔該晒!!

57#
發表於 12-4-25 13:22 |只看該作者
回復 abceager 的帖子

我仔會九月入讀中一,
唔該你哋可否幫我解答以下問題:

1. 唔學樂器得唔得?
2. 開學後先至揀樂器學会否太遲?
3. 懂樂器係唔係當音樂成績?
4. 音樂科要考樂理嗎?
5. 大部分學生學甚麼樂器?

6. 中文科是否必用普通話教授?

7. 甚麼科目会用英語教授?
8. 學校多Net teachers和普通話老師嗎?

謝謝你們!

58#
發表於 12-4-25 13:32 |只看該作者
Hi all SSC parents, my girl studys in SSCPS G4, and we are thinking if it is right to let her go to SSC 2 years later.   Because I know that SSC is going to offer IB, IGCSE and local curriculum.  It looks a bit confusion and do not know if the school is really prepare for this.

59#
發表於 12-4-25 16:51 |只看該作者
回復 xiaong 的帖子

In fact the school is offering help to those students who are also doing IGCSE. My son has several classmates (in Form 4) taking HKDSE and IGCSE at the same time. They have to take extra classes run by an organization in Causeway Bay after school. Although they are studying Form 4, they have applied for admission to Form 6 in UK in Sep this year. One of them was accepted by the Cardiff Sixth Form College and the other by the Tonbridge School, one of the most reputable in UK.

The school will introduce IB soon but I think most of the students will opt for HKDSE. IB and IGCSE are just alternatives for those who would like to study abroad.

60#
發表於 12-4-26 09:27 |只看該作者
請問今年暑假學校會有咩安排?? 諗緊去唔去旅行!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題