教育王國 討論區 國際學校 國際學校 - 中學生的價值觀
樓主: MaryBrown
go

國際學校 - 中學生的價值觀 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 12-3-9 03:54 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 12-3-9 15:30 編輯
kanaustin 發表於 12-3-9 01:27
But isn't this good? I mean, getting into a school which has many rich, arrogant people... I strongl ...

So you think being rich equals successful?

This is certainly NOT TRUE in a SCHOOL !!! Rich school kids are just born into wealthy families, what kind of success is that? Did they become rich from their own efforts? No, now what kind of positive motivation could that possibly provide?

22#
發表於 12-3-9 09:06 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 12-3-9 09:09 編輯

23#
發表於 12-3-9 18:15 |只看該作者
Calm down... I apologise if my words are slightly misleading, but I nerver meant that being rich = successful...

I just want to say that being at a school with lots of rich, arrogant kids might make your children feel upset because of them looking down at him, but if your children were muture and ambitious enought, they would see it as a driving force because they would not be willing to be looked down at by kids that have not earned the money themselves... as a result, they would work extremely hard and therefore become 'successful'...

24#
發表於 12-3-9 19:09 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 12-3-9 19:15 編輯
kanaustin 發表於 12-3-9 18:15
but if your children were muture and ambitious enought, they would see it as a driving force because they would not be willing to be looked down

No, things don't work that way.

Rich kid A shows off to poor kid B by brandishing the latest most expensive gadget, B asks A how he got it, A tells B that his dad gave it to him, what do you think B is going to do? Will he try to earn money and buy it himself or ask his dad to give him the same? and lets just say, for argument's sake, that B decides to earn money and buy it himself, how do you think a school kid is going to earn good money? like by pushing drugs? Remember, doing well in academics won't earn him a single cent until YEARS later, and he wants the gadget NOW.

If there are lots of rich and arrogant kids in the school, they are more likely to be a negative influence than anything else, but then being rich doesn't automatically mean being arrogant, there are lots of rich and humble people around.

Your posts indicate that you still have a lot of growing up to do.

25#
發表於 12-3-9 21:33 |只看該作者

引用:+本帖最後由+FattyDaddy+於+12-3-9+19:15+

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

26#
發表於 12-3-9 22:43 |只看該作者
回復 kanaustin 的帖子

行錯路了~

27#
發表於 12-3-10 00:05 |只看該作者
If by saying I have a lot of growing up to do will make you feel more intelligent, or will satisfy your arrogant nature, then go on. However, I hope you can understand that the use of any aggressive or disrespectful language will not help you to persuade anyone to believe in your view, but will only make you seem immature.

28#
發表於 12-3-10 00:17 |只看該作者
However, I do appreciate your opinion. Yet, are you trying to suggest that parents should keep their children away from all the rich kidsO and only allow them to communicate with middle-class and lower-class children? Surely, this would make them even more alienated.

In fact, your posts indicate that you have a strong desire to go against the rich people, as well as to create conflicts between different classes.

29#
發表於 12-3-10 00:26 |只看該作者
Furthermore, my idea that being looked down at will make your children motivated only applies to kids who respect themselves and are mature . In the case suggested by you earlier, the child is clearly not very muture as he simply wants to own things that the others have got.  OK, I am fed up with using my mobile phone to type

30#
發表於 12-3-10 00:56 |只看該作者
Much better now using my laptop...

Anyway, if the child in your case is just someone immature, it wouldn't matter whether he stayed with the rich kids or with the not so rich kids, since he would still want to own things that he didn't have...

By the way, I am not just talking nonsense. According to a report published by the Hong Kong Government, 94% of the crimes that involved drugs took place in schools that were located in the less developed areas in 2010. Therefore, it seems that it is not the rich who have been making the other kids purchase drugs...

31#
發表於 12-3-10 00:58 |只看該作者
Oh, by the way... I now open myself to any constructive opinion!!!

32#
發表於 12-3-10 01:05 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 12-3-10 01:15 編輯

kanaustin,

I have been followng your posts since you first started the thread "A HK Student in the UK coming back to HK".   In that thread, you said thank you all the time and you also used a lot of these signs

Parents came out in force to support you and gave you advice.  Now looking at what you wrote lately, I couldn't help but feel sad about the noticeable change in you (especially after reading your response to FattyDaddy).  Regarding what I wrote earlier in this thread, I had no desire whatsoever to criticise or belittle you in any way.  It's just that when I see your way of thinking has in my view gone awry or 行錯了路 (as Christi described), I feel I should share with you my experience.  I am sure the other parents have the same well-meant intention as I do.  You are of course entitled to your own view as you are already a young adult.  If you feel offended by anything I said here or elsewhere, please ignore them and I will abstrain from saying anything further.  

bobby

33#
發表於 12-3-10 03:26 |只看該作者
kanaustin 發表於 12-3-10 00:05
If by saying I have a lot of growing up to do will make you feel more intelligent, or will satisfy y ...
No, it doesn't make me feel anything.

There is nothing positive about rich and arrogant school kids, they are not a source of motivation and it is a waste of time trying to match or exceed them in terms of wealth, that is the general consensus. Should you stay away from them? Yes absolutely.

34#
發表於 12-3-10 03:52 |只看該作者
Yes, I agree with you that some of the rich kids are too arrogant and impolite, and you are definitely right that I should not have anything to do with them if possible.

Anyway, thank you for your opinion
‹ 上一主題|下一主題