搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RTHK 19/Feb 鏗鏘集 - 國際學校誰讀?
樓主: FattyDaddy
go

RTHK 19/Feb 鏗鏘集 - 國際學校誰讀?

發表於 12-2-26 02:53 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 12-2-26 04:10 編輯
madscientist 發表於 12-2-26 02:39
Why would ESF care about HK parents' wishes or their inclinations when their ESF schools are all overwhelmed by Cat 1s?

You're right, the regular ESF schools don't care and so they stick to their categorization system, but there is no reason why ESF should not want to cater for the wider Cantonese speaking public with their PIS schools {:1_1:}
Why create two systems.

Why not? Branding is very common in marketing, that's why we see Dolce&Gabanna and D&G, same company, different product lines targeting different customers.

發表於 12-2-26 04:11 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 12-2-26 05:18 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 12-2-26 05:19 編輯
madscientist 發表於 12-2-26 04:11
The reason ESF created two PIS was that they did not get the funding ...

Once again you're right, ESF did not get the funding so if they create new schools they must be PIS, hence ESF had 2 choices:-

(1) Do nothing. Don't create new schools because PIS must be run differently and ESF is just not interested.

(2) Create new PIS schools and live with the troubles of maintaining 2 systems.

They opted for (2). Mind you, they were not forced into that choice, if they had no interest in serving the wider Cantonese speaking public they could have chosen (1) and did nothing.

You can of course say ESF chose (2) simply because they wanted expansion and money and the needs of Cantonese speaking Hongkongers never crossed their minds, I guess I don't have the same amount of skepticism {:1_1:}

發表於 12-2-27 20:27 |顯示全部帖子
I found foreign parents put their child in local kindergarten and primary school in order to learn Mandarin. (KCPS in North Point).  I don't think there is any problem for young child to learn two language at the same time.  We put our children in IS is that it can provide a better English environment for them to learn a second language.  If those foreign parents have already provided an English environment at home why refuse to put their children in  local Chinese environment ? Foreigners that can speak fluent Chinese in future has greater advantage than Chinese that can speak fluent English (simply supply/demand I think)

發表於 12-2-27 21:35 |顯示全部帖子

引用:I+found+foreign+parents+put+their+child+

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 12-2-29 14:49 |顯示全部帖子
回復 madscientist 的帖子

有个现象未知大家有否留意, IS 中学生大部分皮光肉滑, 好少有pimple.  无论几忙, 个样都永远精神和愉快.