搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF KJS / RC Results
樓主: kcvtsai
go

ESF KJS / RC Results   [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 12-2-9 09:32 |只看該作者
回復 kcvtsai 的帖子

Thanks kcvtsai and congrats to your kid.

My girl is not as lucky as your one that she got wait list letters from both schools.

82#
發表於 12-2-9 10:02 |只看該作者

回覆:linachoy 的帖子

Last year, there were letters of
1) acceptance
2) waiting list
3) 2nd interview ( mostly for siblings)
4) reject

83#
發表於 12-2-9 10:10 |只看該作者
回復 linachoy 的帖子

Hello linachoy,  I'm sure there are still opportunities available since many parents (including myself) have applied to more than 1 school, so there are bound to be more space / openings available...  
Next will depends on the "lucky draw" number that determines your number "ranking" in the waiting list.  

84#
發表於 12-2-9 10:15 |只看該作者
Radiomama,

Does it apply to all ESF primary & PIS?  So, these 4 type of letter are the result for those after 1st round interview?

85#
發表於 12-2-9 10:19 |只看該作者
Thanks kcvtsai and Radiomama.

It seems that they don't have priority nos. on their wait list.  

So it all depends on how lucky my girl is.

86#
發表於 12-2-9 10:23 |只看該作者
I just wonder if they will put all the failed kids on their waiting list and will give a false hope to all the parents with their kids on waiting list.

87#
發表於 12-2-9 10:38 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 cissyc 於 12-2-9 10:43 編輯

回復 kcvtsai 的帖子

Hi Kcvtsai mom, is your kid first child? I got friend asking if it is still worth to study in ESF kinder, if your kid is from Tutor time, that's mean there's actually no privilege to study in ESF kinder for getting an interview in primary right?

88#
發表於 12-2-9 10:39 |只看該作者
回復 linachoy 的帖子

From KJS, they told us the ranking number of our kids in their waiting list.  This number was supposedly to be generated randomly.  So, if you rank number 1, I guess that means you are the first in line if somebody decides not to attend.  But I'm not sure if other schools will tell you this / the ranking of your kids.

I remember RC also have this randomly generated number system if your kid(s) are put on the waiting list.

89#
發表於 12-2-9 10:42 |只看該作者
Hi Radiomama, do you know for last year, how is the rate of acceptance for those with sibling in the 2nd round of interview, and do you know when the 2nd interview letter is sending out, is it after deadline for deposit?
I ve been very concerned if I still got chance for intervew, seems there are still waiting list applicants in front of me in the queue.

90#
發表於 12-2-9 10:57 |只看該作者
回復 cissyc 的帖子

For RC, I remembered the Admission Manager said there is no priority where your kids studied, either you are from ESF KInder or other Kinders.  Also, they don't have the Cat 1 & 2 differentiations, so I guess the most important thing is for your kids to pass the interview.  I also don't know what's their selection criteria for accepting kids first while others be put on the waiting list.  But if you are on the waiting list, I guess it then depends on your luck on what is the ranking of the number.

For ESF KJS, I'm not sure whether there is priority for ESF Kinder or not.  I guess we are lucky since we are Cat 2, but the randomly generated number put us in the "middle portion" of the entire applicants, so we also were invited for the interview.

I hope this helps?  Maybe other parents can share their knowledge on this issue as well.

91#
發表於 12-2-9 11:11 |只看該作者
回復 kcvtsai 的帖子

I totally agree with you, kcvtsai.  As we are Cat 2 but my girl still get a chance to have an interview in SJS.  Though she is from ESF kinder but most of her classmates don't have a chance to interview, even for those who have siblings.  So, my girl is so lucky as your kid, kcvtsai.  Hope she will eventually get an offer from either school.

92#
發表於 12-2-9 11:26 |只看該作者
I just called SJS by asking them about the priority no. of my girl on waiting list.  Their reply is they will not assign the nos. until summer holiday.  That means I have no chance.  
BTW, may i ask kcvtsai.  Did KJS told you the priority no. of your kid over phone these few days?

93#
發表於 12-2-9 11:31 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 seasamestreet 於 12-2-9 11:33 編輯

Linachoy,
So your girl is in Cat 2 but still have interview in first round  interview?  Before I am thinking they only interview Cat. 1 children in first round. It seems I am wrong.For the waing list no. My friend told me they were told the waiting list no. They are in kjs

94#
發表於 12-2-9 11:40 |只看該作者
回復 seasamestreet 的帖子

Yes, my girl is Cat 2 but she still get the chance in1st round interview.

95#
發表於 12-2-9 11:40 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 cissyc 於 12-2-9 11:42 編輯

kcvtsai mom, I guess u are in cat 1 coz i was told cat 1 is oversubscribed, so interview will only be given to cat 1 in KJS; myself is cat 2 with sibling. If you are cat 2 without sibling, my priority shall be in front of you, so I think they have put you as cat 1. anyway, hope you still got the offer from your preferred school ! what i can do is....to wait...hope I have ggod new later..

96#
發表於 12-2-9 11:41 |只看該作者
My daughter is in Year 3 & my son in Year 1. Both are in RC.

That's what happend last year. My son received a waitlist letter on the first round, stating that my son needed further improvement in English (The fact was, he cried during interview and was taken away by the teacher. Fortunately, he was willing to go back for interview after 20 minutes.) and he would receive notification for second interview later.

He attened the second interview in early or mid April and I heard nothing from RC until May. I got a call from school about a third interview in May. The school confirmed a place almost right after the interview. (Interview in the morning, got email in the afternoon.)

There were 5-6 other children attending that interview. They all have siblings at RC and were all having their "SECOND" interview, which meant some had second interview in April and some in May for last year.

97#
發表於 12-2-9 11:43 |只看該作者
回復 cissyc 的帖子

Hi, cissyc.  It seems that they didn't follow their "rule".  My girl is Cat 2 without sibling but some of her classmates is Cat 2 with siblings but no chance of interview.

98#
發表於 12-2-9 11:45 |只看該作者
回復 琬晴B 的帖子

Waiting is just a torture to us a mom...I can't even stand until 17 Feb...not to mention Apr/May/Jun.....

點評

河童  agree!!!  發表於 13-2-18 11:59

99#
發表於 12-2-9 11:47 |只看該作者
回復 linachoy 的帖子

I remembered that during the interview session, while the kids were inside during their interview, the Admission Manager took the time to brief us on the "generally asked questions".  She also informed each of us (there were like 10 groups of parents at that time) our ranking in the waiting list so if the kids pass the interview, we can then consider what's our changes of getting in...etc.  I think that is a very good way of letting the parents know and so we can plan accordingly.

100#
發表於 12-2-9 11:49 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 cissyc 於 12-2-9 11:49 編輯

回復 linachoy 的帖子

But SJS principal is at least doing somthign to comfort all the parents who were not intervewed at the 1st round, and she has aranged interview later for sibling before 7 Feb, prior to the date of official annocunemnt.
Good luck to you linachoy mom, I hope you do receive good news later !
‹ 上一主題|下一主題