用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際英文幼稚園 K3 this year, almost all private school accept!
樓主: sutent
go

K3 this year, almost all private school accept!  

發表於 12-3-3 10:33 |顯示全部帖子
我只幫兒子報考三所小學,全部成功,多謝SC的老師們!

發表於 12-3-4 01:25 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for your information!

發表於 12-3-4 01:33 |顯示全部帖子
Cardiff 發表於 12-3-3 10:33
我只幫兒子報考三所小學,全部成功,多謝SC的老師們!
Hi~ 介唔介意分享下報考了邊三所小學!我小朋友暑假後將會入讀K1!Thx~

發表於 12-3-5 04:25 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 joeyxlma 於 13-3-7 15:30 編輯

回復 winbun 的帖子

1. English - Other than SC training, she has attended English Course. Pls check PM for details.

PS;
I am glad that my kid has taken the Cambriege exam becuase:
(a) I can cross check her level objectively.  By that reason, it s not limit to Cambridge but also any other exam/test/course as long as it is objective and you can cross-check the kid's level with his/her peers group.

(b) I recommend K3 kids to practise Cambridge Mover (practise, but not taking the exam, FYI my girl does not take this level of Cambridge exam also,she only sit for Cambridge Starter) as the oral part of Cambriedge Mover is quite in the same style as the Interview questions. (Actually for the same reason, I'm glad that my kid takes e.nopi maths because it has a "critical paper" which are exercise for logics, sequences, etc. which are also quite the same style as the interview quetsions).

Howeve, I personally don't like courses solely for Cambridge examinations.  It is because when I talked with a number of centres which offers such course, I found that are too examination oriented. I'd like her to do Cambridge for English, but not do English for Cambridge (i.e. to learn English up to Cambridge XX level standard, but not learn those content/syllabus to fit in good result in Cambridge exams), afterall I think a Cambridge Eng Test certificate itself don't help much for the P1 applications.

Of course I will get my girl prepare for the Cambridge exam style by doing part papers. Past papers are available at British council (but very expansive).  I have heard that there are some other exercises in the PRC book shops which are cheaper.

2. PTH - She is in PTH-Eng class so she does not need to train up with her PTH.  But she definately has to be trained for the speech competition purposes.  So I will find a personal tutor for her about 1-2 months before the competition.  

PS: Personally, the ranking of compeition prizes are not important - but by getting some recognition by prizes, self-confidence is much much build up, especially for shy child.  So I do suggest you can consider not only speech competition, but also any others that your kid is doing really good.  It is not limit to a competition, may be performance, light examination, etc... That really help

發表於 12-3-5 05:18 |顯示全部帖子
回復 joeyxlma 的帖子

hi, I am looking for infomation for some courses for Cambridge Englsih test and Enpoi Maths, I have checked with ABC Pathways and not sure it is  good or not. Would you  mind sharing your experience and which schools you take the courses?

I am a bit worrry about his Chinese and PHT as we are having Eng/Cantonese stream, and I would like to train up his drama and speech skills. But he is now in PN and will go to SC in coming Sept K1, is it too early to start all?

Hope you can give me some advice if you know any good schools or private tutuorials that can provide the above course and give me some suggestions when he should start taking difference courses.

Thank you so much.

發表於 12-3-5 05:31 |顯示全部帖子
miss one point, how about where to learn phonics? Thanks.

發表於 12-3-6 00:56 |顯示全部帖子
回復 joeyxlma 的帖子

joeyxlma

I am also looking for Trinity , cambridge english courses as well as PTH speech competition course information. Pls  pm the centres to learn. Thx

發表於 12-3-6 03:22 |顯示全部帖子
momo627 發表於 12-3-5 05:18
回復 joeyxlma 的帖子

hi, I am looking for infomation for some courses for Cambridge Englsih test an ...

My girl do English course, that is a kid learning centre mainly for English (now it has PTH).  Will PM you which centre she is in.  She learns phonics here. This centre gives quite an all-rounded English training, a bit more concentrated on phonics at kid's KG stage because it is the best way to let the kid familier with the language and go a lot of reading.

For whether the centre u mentioned is good, it is really difficult to tell, especially my kid is not studying there, and I did not do research on it.  But before enrolling your kid in one course, it is always good to talk to the staff there.  But please do talk to the senior staff. They can tell you much more, such as their approach, reason behind their program arrangement, etc.  You may not have much idea before you talk with them, but when you shop around some more learning centres, you can shape that out. Fpr me, I'll ask for advices, but I also do this kind talking myself (actually myself + husband) so that we do have personal feelings. For the centre that my girl is studying, I know it is not perfect but I buy its way.

For PTH training, I'm sorry that I do not have much advice.  It is because my girl started PTH with PTH native speaker as class teacher from PN (not in SC) - I must say she have quite a strong foundation in PTH from there - and she continues her PTH at SC (she is doing PE class).  I just let her have private tutor when there is speech competition, the main purpose of which is to train up her speech skill.

I believe if that language becomes everyday's life, he/she will learn it naturally.  And that's also why SC students are generally good at English as SC has high level of NET teachers and they are good at teaching (you know English native speakers may good at English (oral) but not all of them are good at teaching kids).  

For drama, I think it depends whether your kid is interested in it. But my experience is that kid cannot do drama too early.  I cannot tell the reason but it just do not work out for small kids.

Hope these could help.

發表於 12-3-6 22:48 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:joeyxlma 的帖子

Can u pm me the centre that your girl join?thx

發表於 12-3-6 23:57 |顯示全部帖子
回復 joeyxlma 的帖子

so many thanks for your detail advice.  yes, if we can get the offer for PE stream, I don't have to worry about PHT. Some moms tell me to try the at the podium of my home, they said it is good, and just let him to "touch" PHT when he is small and I can find better one or have private tutorials when he is in K2 or later.

And thanks for your pm, I will try and phone and ask for details.

It is really great as I get lots of advice and information for moms in BK, really thanks you all and I get less frighten, really, from knowing none to getting some idea, thank you so much.

發表於 12-3-7 10:54 |顯示全部帖子
回復 joeyxlma 的帖子

your information is very useful for new parents of SC.

My kid is in K1 and I plan to let her start with enopi Math and Cambridge starter exam. Could you recommend the learning centers that you have  tried? I am thinking about an enopi center in which the teachers are native speakers, but the traffic takes lots of time. Really want to know a better option.

Thanks for your help.

發表於 12-3-7 19:18 |顯示全部帖子
silverbell 發表於 12-3-7 10:54
回復 joeyxlma 的帖子

your information is very useful for new parents of SC.

For English learning centre that my girl is joining, pls check PM.
Of course there are a lot of good centres, my advise is that you have to talk with the target centre yourself to get an idea of their approach and method, for details, pls see the previous posts and I'm not repeating much.

For maths training, the centre that my girl is joining is not taught by native speaker, and personnally I believe it is not necessary.  It's because I think her English training is good enought. As it is a maths training, no need to strick to English native speaker.  Therefore to my personal advise, you have no need to travell a long long way only becasue of the native speaker.  Regular long travelling hours is definately a burden to young kids - you may not be aware of it at the beginning - when if you find him/her don't like that course or not doing well in that course, think of whether is it due to their physical condition.  Kids are just too young to tell the reason behind their performance.

發表於 12-3-8 09:45 |顯示全部帖子
回復 joeyxlma 的帖子

Thanks for your information and sharing.

發表於 12-3-11 21:35 |顯示全部帖子
My boy is also studying in st cat lower class now and I want to know the english center your daughter studying. Since my boy is a small b (born on November). so he cannot catch up the Cambridge exam before interview.

發表於 12-3-11 22:45 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 joeyxlma 於 12-3-16 01:01 編輯
oxwinnie 發表於 12-3-11 21:35
My boy is also studying in st cat lower class now and I want to know the english center your daughte ...

Dear owwinnie, for the name of the English Cenre, pls check PM.

I found quite a lot of parents asking me which centre my girl is going.  I definately don't mind to share so I'll reply in PM asap.  However, I'd like to stress I don't mean SC English level is not good enough so that I let my girl to study English outside.  

Back to about 3 yrs before, when I'm shopping for English course for her, my target is get her take as much Cambridge exam as possible before the interview (for enriching the profile, of course).  Though I do talk with the program director in this learning centre, I still get a wrong impression that the centre will teach her to take the Cambridge Exam as a target.  Thereafter when I read her class work I found it is quite different from my believe but I just let her continue becx she seems to achieve a quite good standard of her age.

Frankly during these 3 years I do try to find other centres (but not very hard) for course that target quite solely for Cambridge.  But when I talk with the teachers in the other centres, it just happened that they do not really offer those I already get from this centre.

As a result, haha.... after 3 yrs, quite departing from original plan...I just let her take the Cambridge Starter (and preparing for Mover). But the point is that I think her English level already convinced me that she is well prepared for P1 interview (English part).  I believe that is enough.

點評

audrey79  Could you please pm me the details of the English learning centre? Many thanks  發表於 13-4-7 16:52

發表於 12-3-12 13:56 |顯示全部帖子
回復 joeyxlma 的帖子

hello! joeyxlma, would you pls pm the details to us also with thanks.

發表於 12-3-12 21:44 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:joeyxlma 的帖子

Hi joeyxlma,
Please check PM.

Thanks!

發表於 12-3-12 23:01 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 porporwong 於 12-3-12 23:02 編輯

回復 joeyxlma 的帖子

Dear Joeyxima, please check PM.

Thanks a lot!

發表於 12-3-13 01:18 |顯示全部帖子
I found certain parents are concerning when to start getting their child to the English/Maths courses.  The following is sharing of my believe and experience.

English
I think my girl started the English lesson outside SC quite early (don't actually remember but I think it is about K1).  As previously mentioned, we are at that moment like her to take as much Cambridge exam as possible before P1  (of course plan changed later, haha). As a matter of fact,  we got another reason.  It is because she has studied in PN class (not in SC, of cox) which is taught by NET but using the way of flash cards + phonex.  Flash cards are very helpful tool for todders because they simply have to learn by memory and no other skills required (and young babies are very very good at that).  However, I understand that nowadays English should not learn by just memory (like our good old days...)  And we found her quite reliied on memoy for her English reading at that moment.

Therefore we decided that  she NEEDED a change (concentrated on Phonex training). We did it at K1 as she has to change from the KG that she studied PN to SC for K1, with the hope that she feel everything changed and she will be mroe willing to accept the new teaching style. That's why we do that at about K1.

Without such reason, personally, I don't think child should start extra English training whe he/she is a todder - you may if you wish - but kids pick up so quick that I think even if child start a bit later will catch up very qutickly.  The point is that young todders may not be physically fit for too much extra courses. My girl is Feb girl and her phycial condition is alright.  But she still become tierd when she is back from training centre.  So parents are advise not to overlook the engergy that required for the course.

Maths
Personally no need to start very early.  It is becx I think todders are not mental ready for learn concetual stuff.  And I beieve you don;t need too advance Mahts for the P! admission. Smple 連加/連減/加減混合 will be sufficient.

發表於 12-3-13 01:32 |顯示全部帖子
porporwong 發表於 12-3-12 23:01
回復 joeyxlma 的帖子

Dear Joeyxima, please check PM.

seems not yet have your PM?