用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 想子女入讀活動教學小學 ,不要送他入坊間填鴨面試班 ...
樓主: sushiwwasabi
go

想子女入讀活動教學小學 ,不要送他入坊間填鴨面試班 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 12-1-28 07:59 |只看該作者
I highly appreciated CKY's parents so sensible to discuss other parents negative comments on CKY in this thread..... great improvements and project better image of the school and the quality of parents.

Good prospect of the school. HK needs more good and great schools....
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

22#
發表於 12-1-28 10:17 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 SCKnight 於 12-1-28 10:19 編輯
malakids 發表於 12-1-27 22:33
scknight,
You should be very familiar with TSL daily operation.
Can you clarify some rumour about TSL "陳守仁band three 成30多%" in the below link?
http://www.edu-kingdom.com/forum ... page%3D2&page=2...

malakids,

Thanks for your compliment.  I didn't familiar with the school operations, but just feel impress to the Open Day, P.1 application handling and the applicants' parent flow management.  From these activities, I've found the school put a lot of efforts in caring students' and parents' feelings.  These were being neglected by some of the top tiers Primary Schools in Hong Kong.

For the quoted thread, as you said is a rumour and not being verified.  I think I am not qualified to comment as my kid is not studying in TSL.  But you can ask Silvia_Ng and Principal in EK, they are more qualified and reputable to give comments for your judgement.

When I have a chance met TSL principal in 2011 Q4, he aims to make most of TSL graduates goes to Band 1 secondary schools in short future.

點評

malakids  thanks for your reply.  發表於 12-1-28 10:45

23#
發表於 12-1-28 15:26 |只看該作者
My child is studying at CKY, I don't feel that sort of snobbishness or cockiness, the parents are generally educated (professionals or non professionals), and yes they are more or less lower to upper middle class families but I can't feel the competitiveness, generally parents dressed up like normal individual.
CKY is truly an active learning school, no class ranking ( don't want to give students pressure), no marks for dictations ( the student won't know, the marks are only shown to parents in the parents meeting), normally only 1-4 pieces of homework daily, the school does not encourage parents to do revision for exam during Christmas holiday thus the teachers only give the revision folders after the holidays, the school principal believes holidays are times when a family should enjoy rather than spending the time to do revisions. The school promotes reading, students reads a lot of books.

I have friend whose kid is in TSL, from our conversations, she told me TSL is also a good school but more 'local' in terms of teaching, she thinks CKY is more active learning than TSL.
I would feel pity if you give up CKY just because of your impression of snobbishness, personally I think you are giving up a very good school with a true philosophy that promotes active and happy learning. Of course no school is perfect, CKY is a little weak in admin, but by and large I am quite happy that my kid is studying at CKY.

Good luck in school hunting, I believe you will make a right choice for your child.

點評

人地既阿媽  Like !  發表於 12-2-8 13:06

24#
發表於 12-1-29 14:22 |只看該作者
各位,
我的孩子也是在蔡繼有上學的。最近我很迷惘,究竟怎樣才可以教出才德兼備的小朋友?現在的學校都有德、智、體、群、美課程,但普遍地大部份家長都是把注意力放在學業成績和升中、升大學的結果,很少有人關心小朋友的其它發展。我當初選蔡繼有是不想大人和小朋友都太過忙碌,默書、測驗、考試佔據日常生活的每一部份。最近我有另外的體會,多點空閒時間可以用來教孩子做家務、讓他有時間看報紙雜誌、做運動和玩電腦、iPad等,但最重要是讓他有時間學習生活上的一些技能,多點失敗經驗。這些我覺得對他的以後成長是非常重要,才德兼備才是一個對社會有用的人。最近也看了台灣天下雜誌的多篇文章,得知當地也有“港孩”的一類議題,我特別喜歡洪蘭的文章。之後我便經常在想究竟才可以教育有品、有德、有才、有能力、能面對逆境的港孩。

最後,我必須強調,我認識很多在傳統學校畢業的年青人,他們都才德兼備和有為。所以我也搞不清楚那種教學方法是最好或最適合小朋友和父母。

點評

TOKIN  以前通常是傳統教學, 既然已選了, 小朋友又讀得開心而合適, 不妨繼續下去;  家長如何, 孩子便如可; 出來工作, 不只靠學歷/技能, 還有態度  發表於 12-2-9 12:32

25#
發表於 12-2-7 22:34 |只看該作者
May I know the interview language of the five schools your daughter got accepted? Do they accept children who does speak fluent Cantonese ? Thanks.

26#
發表於 12-2-7 23:54 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

27#
發表於 12-2-8 23:45 |只看該作者
回復 sushiwwasabi 的帖子

I think parents also influence their kids' accent too.  I have heard some kids from TSL speaking fluent English with "foreign" accent too.

28#
發表於 12-2-11 22:31 |只看該作者
回復 sushiwwasabi 的帖子

Thank you Sushiwassai

29#
發表於 12-2-13 13:43 |只看該作者
Sorry, what is TT International?

30#
發表於 12-2-13 14:13 |只看該作者
回復 sushiwwasabi 的帖子

sushiwwasabi,
多謝你的分享, 我對活動教育的學校也有興趣,同樣地我的孩子是一個怕羞又慢熱的小朋友,K1我報了幾間都係至多得waiting, 依家只係K1, 對住陌生人有時會縮係我後面,老師臨時要佢上台,佢會非常抗拒,甚至會喊,我覺得咁既性格對佢面試好有障礙,我都有唸過試試俾佢參加朗頌比賽,但對於佢依家既狀態,似乎係嚇驚佢多過幫到佢,唔知你可唔可以分享下你點幫個小朋友由怕羞到克服到怕羞? 同埋,請你你上過邊度或邊個人D講座對你預備面試有幫助? 謝謝!

31#
發表於 12-2-14 13:53 |只看該作者

32#
發表於 12-2-23 13:17 |只看該作者
‹ 上一主題|下一主題