go

A-level成績報考港大 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-1-16 00:00 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
如果用A-level成績報考港大要不要看中文科成績? Thank you.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-1-16 14:17 |只看該作者
You better call the admission office to double confirm the language requirement. Very critical.....
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

3#
發表於 12-1-16 16:26 |只看該作者
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

Thank you your reminder.
But anyone could share the experience for me who studied A-level out of HK and using non-jupas system to enter HK's universities.

4#
發表於 12-1-16 16:37 |只看該作者
Program by program, some programs need Chinese, some can be waived as overseas curriculum.

5#
發表於 12-1-16 17:11 |只看該作者
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

Thank you ANChan59.  Refer to your comments as u also put most concern on the children's education.  Maybe u can share some opinion for me in the future.
My child will study A-level (year 12 in coming Sept in UK), but we still not make decision choosing Chinese as subject or not.   

My child is a ART person.. ART means painting...drawing.. drama... etc...  

Any opinion can share... !

6#
發表於 12-1-17 01:48 |只看該作者
We all caring parents, I wish my comment can be useful to you and your kid.

I like "begin with the end in mind", your child's targeted program(s)is a good starting point. If your child don't have any idea, then you need to gain some flexibility in subject selection.

Once you have some ideas, go to targeted universities and search for interested program(s), then you need to consider the language, minimum and special requirements. If Chinese subject really bother you, send a email to the admission office, they will advise you clearly.

My son's case was LSE's language requirement for international student, if no GCE, he may need to take IELTS or TOFEL. After clarify with the admission office, they confirmed that if he did IBDP Syllabus A (SL or HL) or B at high level, no need to sit for English proficiency tests.The logic is similar to your kid's case.

7#
發表於 12-1-17 16:24 |只看該作者
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

ANChan59, thank you for your sharing.  
My daughter will take self-study at A-level Chinese at her school  and we can use that result for apply HK universities admission if essential.

8#
發表於 12-1-17 16:50 |只看該作者
If she can waive the Chinese, why bother? Check with the U first.

版主

9#
發表於 12-1-28 16:11 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 babyislove 於 12-1-28 16:12 編輯
Gimum 發表於 12-1-16 16:26
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

Thank you your reminder.

My friend studied at UST via non-jupas after her graduation at Australia. No Chinese requirement for her.

I think that they will count the oversea HK high school graduates same as the international students who admit through non-jupas.

My friend's son has studied at France since primary school. He will apply for the HK universities via non-jupas this year. So far, he doesn't need to take any Chinese exam for this purpose.

10#
發表於 12-1-31 19:28 |只看該作者
我有一個小孩用a-level 報大學 (香港,英國同美國),中文a-level 不是一定要考的科目,但是可以用來報大學,即是如果大學開條件是ABB,中文A 是計在這個offer 裡面。
我有個朋友當年考香港大學,他們開BCC,佢ABCD 都收,A 左個 中文A-level,不過讀agriculture,最後留左系英國讀Nottingham computer science
A-Level中文絕對建議讀,因為考大學可以用來提高自己分數,不過一定要問學校考普通話定廣東話 (通常他們都沒意見),
不過我有個學生竟然叫學生要用普通話考中文口試,因為他們學校請了一個普通話老師來教,所以全部要用普通話考。我們叫學校可不可以改用廣東話,他們話唔得 (即是要我們番黎香港補習)
如果你要考試範圍,我可以電郵給你,你pm 我喇
‹ 上一主題|下一主題