樓主: Aerosol_Ma
go

很煩腦: 資優生選CKY, 優才或APS?

發表於 12-2-3 00:27 |顯示全部帖子
coolpa 發表於 12-2-2 16:55
回復 Aerosol_Ma 的帖子

其實你要清楚小朋友的特性來為他們選擇小學,如我沒有為囝囝選擇
Hi coolpa,

謝謝你的意見。我也怕我仔在IS會太自由,所以現在放棄了這想法。自由有自由的好,可以訓練creativity,traditioanl也有好處。但是我個人prefer穩健一點。怕懶咗以後難教。

我仔和你仔一樣,在音樂才能方面很一般,所以我怕入了APS,以後升中也沒有特別優勢。你也好,我連SFA second in 都冇,現在希望能完成CTY P3 課程 和Mover,希望叩門成功。

發表於 12-2-3 14:19 |顯示全部帖子
回復 Aerosol_Ma 的帖子

放心吧!英華放磅及大抽獎後會有很多位放出來。

發表於 12-2-4 17:02 |顯示全部帖子
回復 Aerosol_Ma 的帖子

如果以IQ 130定為資優,則有2.2%的人是資優,以本年約六萬小一學生計,資優生便有超過一千三百人。說多不多,但亦絕不是小數目。作個假設,如果全部資優生集中於20間頂級名校,則每一間也有六十多人。當然,或許有些資優生因為家境問題,未被發現,跟大抽獎進了普通學校。但是在名校中的資優生為數一定不少,所以只要進了名校,一定不會孤單。

數年前聽過真道前校長自詡真道有三分之一資優生,而真道有六位全職教育心理學家。最近發現CKY也有一位心理學家。他們可能已關注到資優生(或問題學生)的問題,可能其他學校也有類似的安排。

另外,我覺得資優兒童最怕受到限制。所以如果學校的課程缺乏自由度,或不斷操練選擇、填充等的練習,對資優生絕對無益。CKY的功課自由度較大,例如science fair 的project,小學生也可做中學生的題目。語文科則著重寫作,學生的文章可由四、五頁紙到一、二十頁紙(以三年級為例),學生可以盡情發揮。

「不要問你的兒女是否天才,只要你當他是天才來培養,他便會有天才的表現。」這是我在一本書內看到的,我對書名及作者已沒有印象,但十分認同這句說話。

發表於 12-2-4 22:41 |顯示全部帖子
回復 penguin_chick 的帖子

「不要問你的兒女是否天才,只要你當他是天才來培養,他便會有天才的表現。」這是我在一本書內看到的,我對書名及作者已沒有印象,但十分認同這句說話。

Agreed.
Similar to self-fulfillment prophecy.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

發表於 12-2-4 23:02 |顯示全部帖子
Aerosol Ma, my son is in the exact same position. CTY/Welcher/movers/Olympiad math...and we never send him to any special learning classes as we are just an avg family.
I am struggling if i should switch him to another school as hes been in his school since K1..(now p1). but i dont think its suitable for him as its very traditional. teacher complains he runs around. finishes his work too fast and start disturbing other kids.  My son doesnt enjoy as most of the subject is too eary.. but seriously i know little bout HK school to make a judgement on which others are good for him. Which school is your kid attending at the moment?

發表於 12-2-5 10:45 |顯示全部帖子
回復 spellinbee 的帖子

In fact I personal think CTY/Oly Math, etc are special trainingalready. My son will not run away if he finishes his work too early, he maystand up to check what his classmates doing. Nevertheless he won't feel tooboring in the class. If we go to GT this Sep, I guess there will allow capablestudents to advance their studies (after assessment) and that is the reason Ilike this school. More flexible. Have you applied this school? My son can alsobe adopted traditional school and that's why I may help him to try SFA thissummer (after the lottery). My son is studying Learning Habitant kindergarten. It's a very good school.

發表於 12-2-5 11:55 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:Aerosol_Ma 的帖子

Just suggestion, personally, I won't suggest to jump from P2 to P3-P4. It's tempting but may not do much good for his whole person development.

Regular pace + enrichment programs like CTY should be fine. After 8 yrs. I have no regret to use this principle which suggested by his PS principal.

發表於 12-2-5 12:26 |顯示全部帖子
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

Hi ANChan59,

You misunderstood my meaning. I think I will only let him advance 1-2 subjects at most, like Math or English (if the teacher allow). You are very right, it's not good to JUMP from P1 to P2 or even P3, say. Kids need time to play with their peers. Academic is not the only thing in their lives. They need to learn how to mix with their peers, how to develop friendship, etc.

Thanks a lot for your advices.

點評

ANChan59  Sorry...... Yes, academic is not everything!!!  發表於 12-2-5 13:35

發表於 12-2-5 18:14 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all:

May I ask which school is APS?  And what's CTY math?  Can someone please share with me and post the link?   

My son is K2, he loves Math so much that he keeps asking for attending a math course, however I a, still just giving him some math exercises to do it at home.  Any good math course you would suggest?  thanks.

發表於 12-2-5 22:06 |顯示全部帖子
回復 daisy17772 的帖子

Check your PM

發表於 12-2-6 00:31 |顯示全部帖子
ANChan59 發表於 12-2-5 22:06
回復 daisy17772 的帖子

Check your PM
Thank you.

發表於 12-2-7 00:27 |顯示全部帖子
以我所知, 雖然APS音樂出名, 但音樂成績一般既學生亦好多. 基本上現在無論你讀官津, 直資或私立既小學, 無一條龍既, 要想升上好中學, 個個都係除咗好成績外, 都要有一特異功能係身, 啲超級名校至會收架啦!

如果覺得小朋友只得讀書叻, 除非真係全級頭幾名, 如果唔係, 都無乜邊個會乜絶技都無, 成績一般而又入到啲super schools.

所以擔心入APS要學音樂既憂慮, 應該要撇除. 再且, 比較一下APS同SFA既升中結果, 就知邊間升中派位較有優勢! 數下他們入到Band 1既比例, 就知有啲學校就算唔係考頭幾名, 只要唔係考尾幾, 都可以入到Band One!