密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 升中派位 聖羅撒書院
樓主: maylaumun
go

聖羅撒書院

發表於 12-1-4 17:43 |顯示全部帖子
回復 霖霖B媽咪 的帖子

1. 高度服從性, 自發性很強, 不用老師激勵亦會努力向上, 失敗左會痛定思痛, 轉化為動力, 努力向上既小朋友.
我想補充呀,係老師鬧完唔好死要面,要認錯要努力向上

2. 家長理念要求有高度性既紀律, 校風嚴謹, 家長可以多參與或跟進學生的進度, 有需要時, 可幫學生找額外支援, 無論在經濟及時間上.

呢點100%認同,不妨喺校門拉家長做個統計,,,,
~~~My dogs Phoebe,Minnie,Ah Bert and Rico~~

發表於 12-1-4 22:01 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 canyonfish 於 12-1-5 01:58 編輯
maylaumun 發表於 11-12-31 20:22
請問自行報聖羅撒書院機會大不大呢?因她有聯繫小學的,恐怕她會收大部分聯繫小學的學生。本人對此校認識不 ...

As an old girl of St. Rose graduated in 2000, I'd like to share my BIASED view of the school based on my experience :)

malaumun, I think your daughter should have a good chance given that she has decent school reports, good in english and well behaved in the interview.

While a lot of the comments above are true, and I understand that some parents in the primary section didn't have good experiences at St. Rose, I don't think it's fair to compare the school to other schools directly as no schools are the same while the primary and secondary section operate very independ of each other.  As I have spent my secondary school life both in Kowloon City (Embankment Road) and Shatin, I guess it's easier to boil down my experience into different brackets:

PROS:
English Language - St. Rose offers English Literature education to girls as early as F.1, which is uncommon in HK and is essentially another English subject, just harder with gazillion number of vocabs, which is great for preparing girls for Eng. Lit. in higher form or overseas education.  This probably explains why St. Rose girls NEVER fail in HKCEE/AL English.

Chinese Language - Despite of St. Rose's emphases in English, the standard of Chinese is not bad at all...Almost all girls pass HKCEE Chinese - Check the school website for details.

Family Background - Thanks to the excellent location and selective process of St. Rose's primary school, girls who got promoted to the secondary section are typically well behaved and from good background.  No offense but do you prefer your girl to go to the birthday party of her classmate's house in Kowloon Tong or Tin Shui Wai?  My take is that knowledge can be obtained outside of the school, but connection and peer influence are not something you could change.

CONS:
Math/Science - pretty weak unfortunately...although the overall publich exam results are not bad.

Sports - also weak due to lack of training at school...a pitty because the sports of St. Rose were pretty strong in the 80s.  

Pros/Cons - depends on what you prefer
Culture - very very very strict and conservative, even more so after moving to Shatin...Truthfully, the chance of "getting bad" is minimized, but St. Rose girls DO live in their little world, are worry-free and NAIVE...I also think the school policy isn't too applicable to the 21th century and probably not the best to train up the ideal leaders - aggressive, confident, well-rounded etc.  This seems to be the problem of many other Catholic girl schools too.  

CONCLUSION:
Overall St. Rose is a great school but will I send my girl to St. Rose?  It depends.  If my girl is independent and outgoing, I might send her to international school.  If my girl is aggressive and super smart, maybe DGS if she gets in.  If she's a good girl overall, and couldn't get into DGS alike, St. Rose is still a solid English school :)  Selecting school is just like looking for a job, a matching process.   

發表於 12-1-5 10:52 |顯示全部帖子
回復 canyonfish 的帖子

首先, 好 like 你既回覆, 夠中肯, 不偏不依. 而個中分析有幾個points 令我覺得好認同.

1. Family Background - 這句倒是事實, 她們玩既野, 行街娛樂既地方, 都有所不同, 而很多家長都係比較注重囡囡既學業, 品格. 物質支持不乏既家庭.  當然, 亦不免有些係父母工作太忙, 冇時間照顧囡囡的例子.  這倒正常, 很多學校都會有.

2. acamedic 上 - 我想信只要小朋友同家長配合到學校既要求同方案, 有不俗的成績亦是正常.  我自己曾同一個srl畢業生面試, 佢只讀完f5.  雖然她不付合公司要求, 不過佢既英文口語能力, 卻不俗.  至於數弱, 亦是女仔既弱項, 我覺得正常啊 !  而一向srl 都不是標榜運動出色的學校, 所以學校係依方面真係不太重視.  所以家長要有心理準備啊.

3. Culture - very very very strict and conservative, even more so after moving to Shatin...I also think the school policy isn't too applicable to the 21th century - 我非常同意依句, 因為社會轉變, 現今可以受到那傳統而單向式教法既小朋友, 遠比我們當年少.  如果小朋友係反抗力大的, 再在這種環境學習, 怕會有反效果.  眼見很多係外表乖巧, 但真性情是........, 所以真是要考慮依點. 畢竟六年中學生活, 家長可以監控的範圍會越來越少.

4. CONCLUSION:
Overall St. Rose is a great school but will I send my girl to St. Rose?  It depends.  If my girl is independent and outgoing, I might send her to international school.  If my girl is aggressive and super smart, maybe DGS if she gets in.  If she's a good girl overall, and couldn't get into DGS alike, St. Rose is still a solid English school :)  Selecting school is just like looking for a job, a matching process.   

你講完, 我再想起我身邊既srl 畢業生朋友, 佢地會比個女讀乜野學校. 原來我識既小圈子入面竟然冇srl 既畢業生安排自己個女係番srl 讀. 反而入讀其他天主教女校反而多.  等我有時間問下佢地點解先 ???

發表於 12-1-5 11:35 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 12-1-5 14:13 |顯示全部帖子
唔好意思! 霖霖B媽咪, 請看PM.

發表於 12-1-5 16:02 |顯示全部帖子
霖霖B媽咪 發表於 12-1-5 10:52
回復 canyonfish 的帖子

Interesting...in my class, many girls' entire extended family - grandmother (yes, no kidding!), mother, aunties, sisters all attend St. Rose from Kindergarten to Secondary School.  Also many girls and their siblings attend the school...so St. Rose definitely has some die-hard supporters :) My times at the Kowloon City campus were amazing, when St. Rose was a tiny little family school with a caring sister as the principal and the school policy was never strict to the point that it's somewhat counter-productive.  

發表於 12-1-5 16:25 |顯示全部帖子
AlanShirley 發表於 12-1-5 11:35
相對同樣係天主教學校, 瑪利諾包容好多! 小朋友長期受壓制下, 有機會有反效果.

正如大人覺得小朋友睇電視 ...

Agree, but MCS is one of the outliers amongst the catholic girls schools.  But let's be candid about it, if a girl got into MCS, there's little reason to choose St. Rose over MCS, right?  Besides, MCS targets at a different crowd as evidenced by its campus, resources etc.  Again, school selection is a matching process, if your girl doesn't like very traditional method of teaching, St. Rose is not for her.  

It's interesting to see the adverse feelings of many parents regarding the conservative approach of SRL, but not other Catholic schools.  I attended the primary section of another catholic girl school (top 10 in HK), must say the policy was even stricter than the primary section of St. Rose and seems like no parent ever complain about it.  Are we more receptive to polices when the school's doing better academically?      

發表於 12-1-5 16:38 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 12-1-5 17:51 |顯示全部帖子
事實一定係校內支持SRL為大多數(係正常o既事.若只佔小數就真係太可怕咯),由幼稚園到小學再到書院佔不少,由小學上中學就更加多,因為每年真係由小學上書院大約都有100人咁上下!

但 ,喜不喜歡/支不支持都總有原因!

我講出自己個case係希望有同類小朋友要作決定時,可以多一個參考,因為我女女係好動/愛表達/重思考類型,特別喺五六年級時親身體會"性格不合"呢種感覺,所以升中唔會為左一個百分百的直屬英中位而做不智決定 !

當然,無論喺邊一個討論區,有幾個/幾百個人發言都好,自己要理智分析,幾個人的分享/討論/閒聊都可以有佢參考價值,更希望真正用家都多D分享吓,喺BK唔係辯論,只係大家分享o既每一句都有可能影響到一個家長作為選校條件參考!同校家長之間又可以互相閒聊分享心得!  

~~~My dogs Phoebe,Minnie,Ah Bert and Rico~~

發表於 12-10-17 21:07 |顯示全部帖子
聖羅撒書院St. Rose of Lima's College (Shatin) 考得不錯,有61.7%入讀本地大學學位,超過九成達入大學資格。
成績:

5* or above %

5 or above %

2 or above %

English

Chinese

Mathematics

L.S.

發表於 13-4-17 12:25 |顯示全部帖子