密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ICS G1 Vs RC P1
發新帖
查看: 3924|回覆: 9
go

ICS G1 Vs RC P1

發表於 11-12-23 01:02 |顯示全部帖子
Does anyone can share the comments between ICS G1 and RC P1?
Thank you!

發表於 11-12-27 12:30 |顯示全部帖子
As far as I know, the age for being G1 (ICS) and P1 (RC) should be different. For RC, it should be a 5-year-old kid whereas for ICS, an American school, a G1 student should not be 5.
If you want a balance of both English and Chinese learning, and the IB curriculum, then RC is your choice. The workload of RC is somewhat heavy especially for MYP programme. As for PYP, it is still acceptable. Very subjective!
If you just aim at English and Christianality, then ICS is your choice.
This is only my personal opinion.

發表於 11-12-29 22:17 |顯示全部帖子
Hi,

In case you didn't know, the first year in ICS Shek Mun is P1 (also called Pre-grade 1) for children aged 5 as of the end of Aug.The next year is called Grade 1 (G1) for children aged 6. The last secondary school year is Grade 12 after which students will go off to universities.

The best time to attend Shek Mun is at P1 (if not earlier by joining the ICS kindergarten currently in Fo Tan to get a higher chance of acceptance) whereby one gets a higher chance due to more space available. If you apply for Grade 1, you are basically hoping for a space available due to a student leaving the school for reasons such as relocation to another country or other family reasons.

Different parents have different reasons for choosing a school. The best is to sign up for their school visits and ask questions about the school directly to see if their answers meet your criteria. School visits are available for both RC and ICS.  I understand both schools are difficult to get in and have a long waiting list. I don't know much about RC but other BK parents can help you.

As for ICS, here is their latest newsletter which might give you a glimpse about its culture and school life of students.
http://www.ics.edu.hk/images/PDF/Advancement/AdvanceForward1111.pdf

In terms of curriculum, it is following the national curriculum of USA. Students will take SAT and Advanced Placements examinations prior to university. The teachers are great and very caring.

If you are just beginning your search for IS in the N.T. area, you may also visit Norwegian Int. School, Shatin Junior (ESF) and Hong Lok Yuen International School. Each school is different. You must visit to get to know them. Hope this helps and feel free to PM me if you have other questions.

b.rgds,

發表於 11-12-31 01:38 |顯示全部帖子
Hi JTmom, may I ask a question?  Heard that there are 72 students (18 x 4 classes) in P1 and 75 students (25 x 3 classes) in G1, does it mean they recruit 3 new students every year for G1 on top of any replacememt vacancies?

發表於 12-1-1 00:45 |顯示全部帖子
The number may vary year by year but are around those numbers that you mentioned. The school's admission team has the final decision. For example this year in P1, there are 75 students in total. There is some flexibility for the school to receive transfer-in students from overseas or some special cases. For this 2011/12 school year, G1 is full and if you apply, they will put you in the waiting list.

發表於 12-1-7 17:48 |顯示全部帖子
回復 JTmom 的帖子

Hi, does anyone know if all ICS kindergarten applicants would be accepted in Pre grade 1?

發表於 12-1-13 02:36 |顯示全部帖子
JTmom, thanks for your explanation.

發表於 12-2-9 14:41 |顯示全部帖子
May anyone share the valuable experience and opinion on SJS vs ICS for primary study?  Many thanks.

發表於 12-2-9 19:34 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:ICS G1 Vs RC P1

My kid is at R2 now at ICS. Not all are accepted and go to P1. Each year there are a few say 3-5 students not able to pass the admission test. But if you aim for ics primary, its really easier to attend its kindi. I know this year acceptance ratio is around 1:10

發表於 12-2-9 22:43 |顯示全部帖子
Between ICS and SIS primary, which one will you choose for kid's primary study? Of course, they are different but any advices are welcome!  Thanks.