21#
發表於 11-11-29 21:03 |只看該作者
原帖由 奶醬豬 於 11-11-29 17:05 發表
Thanks Highfive ~
咁分左班之後~ 會唔會冇鬼妹/鬼仔同一班?
全班都係chinese?
多唔多鬼妹/鬼仔呢?

They only split the Chinese lessons.

A large percentage of the children there are Australians (white), or Eurasians, especially in lower grades. Out of a class of 25 you can expect to see maybe 16-18 white children, a few Indians, and maybe 5-6 Chinese.

22#
發表於 11-11-29 22:59 |只看該作者
CherylMomMom,

My kid is not studying in AISHK, he wasn't lucky enough to be accepted.  Let me to share my personal experience with those parents interested in this IS.  

AISHK has always been top on our list so I applied for reception 2 years prior to entry.  My kid is a Dec 2006 boy.  With this early application and passport holder priority, my kid was offered an interview, he didn't do well for the first interview as he get an eye infection and was feeling lousy.  The school was very kind and offered my kid a second chance several months later, but unfortunately my kid failed.
After receiving the rejection letter, I lodged a new application form and paid another application fee for preparatory year.  When I phoned up around the time for interview for preparatory entry, the administrator told me that since I submitted the application quite late so it was very unlikely an interview chance would be offered.  Up till now, I still haven't had any updates on my application.

Some of my kid's classmates (non-passport holder local chinese) were not offerred an interview for reception at all.  

My advice for those non-passport holders: you can still gamble to lodge application but just prepare for the worst scenario, ie. no interview offer

23#
發表於 11-11-29 23:15 |只看該作者
Hi HaydenNg,

Sorry to hear your story. In your case, with the priority, would it be better if you apply preparatory instead of reception? Especially if the no. of seats is more in preparatory than it is in reception.

I mean if you apply very early for preparatory only,  would it give  you a better chance in the wait list.

Rather than wait until you find out the result in your application of Reception and lodging another application for preparation which may be 2 years later.

Or should it be submit 2 different applications for reception and preparatory at the same time?

24#
發表於 11-11-30 13:02 |只看該作者

回復 2# HaydenNg 的帖子

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

25#
發表於 11-11-30 20:55 |只看該作者
whitesky,

To be honest, I truly don't have answers to your questions or I will never know the answers anyway.

The reason why I applied reception class is because it is the first intake with 40 seats, while all these reception children will be promoted to preparatory year, which then leaves only around 32 seats for new comers.  I was told that with early application and priority, there shouldn't be any problem of getting into AISHK, but in fact, it wasn't, a little bit out of my expectation.  Looking back if I had to pay the application fee twice anyway, I should have perhaps lodged two applications each at 2 yrs prior to entry to secure the interview chance.

I didn't send my kid to ESF KG.  I prefer to send him to an IS KG which teaches more structurally and academically.  As a result, my kid didn't have any priority to other IS primary, except his own KG new primary school.  He got accepted for this new primary but he was lucky to have another offer in late May from his current IS.

My advice: If AISHK is your target and if you didn't mind to pay twice for application fee, then perhaps this is the safest way to secure an interview chance for passport holder.  But for non-passport holder, think twice 'coz your money may easily go down the drain with no interview chance at all.  It's really gambling!!

26#
發表於 11-11-30 21:00 |只看該作者
奶醬豬,

My boy is now studying in RCHK.

I wish you luck with your IS hunt.  It is not easy and it is getting more difficult as the birth rate surges up.

Love to hear your progress.  All the best!

27#
發表於 11-11-30 22:36 |只看該作者

回復 26# HaydenNg 的帖子

Hi Haydenng,

sent u a pm. pls check!

28#
發表於 11-11-30 22:47 |只看該作者
hi hayden,
i sent you a PM too, please check!  thx!!

原帖由 HaydenNg 於 11-11-30 21:00 發表
奶醬豬,

My boy is now studying in RCHK.

I wish you luck with your IS hunt.  It is not easy and it is getting more difficult as the birth rate surges up.

Love to hear your progress.  All the best! ...

29#
發表於 11-12-1 11:13 |只看該作者

30#
發表於 11-12-1 13:45 |只看該作者

回復 1# tomintoul 的帖子

31#
發表於 11-12-1 15:09 |只看該作者

32#
發表於 11-12-2 16:07 |只看該作者

33#
發表於 11-12-3 22:35 |只看該作者
CherylMomMom,

Sent you PM. Please check!

34#
發表於 11-12-6 08:29 |只看該作者
HaydenNg,

Can you send me your experience / advice via PM?  I am very worry about my son's P.1 admission next year, she is in K1 of a ESF kinder now.  I have been extremely worried about the hunt for a IS P.1 seat for her for the past few months already.  Thank you very much.

[ 本帖最後由 ramen 於 11-12-6 08:30 編輯 ]

35#
發表於 11-12-8 15:18 |只看該作者

回復 2# HaydenNg 的帖子

36#
發表於 11-12-9 16:04 |只看該作者

37#
發表於 12-1-24 13:35 |只看該作者
Whitesky,

I hope this message doesn't come to you too late. Just want to encourage you that if AIS is the school that you targeted, then don't worry but go ahead and give yourself and your child a chance by simply put in the application. You never know what would the outcome be at the end.

My son started from Reception a few years ago. Yes, we are the passport holder but we applied for the school real late ( for silly reason ). If I remember correctly , it was March 2008. The school confirms the placement in June. I thought my son didn't get offer an interview so I called up the school and asked and to my surprise, I was told that he was accepted and interview was not needed. Perhaps we were really lucky at that time, but if you have confident in your child, so give it  a try. From my experience, interview is not a must, but sure you won't win a lottery ticket by not buying one!

38#
發表於 12-1-26 18:41 |只看該作者
Recently it is very difficult to get in a real IS school.  My news from other parent, their daughter was rejected this year even though all of them are aussie.   As long as they only have 40 seats, it is getting harder and harder to get in.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題