查看: 11876|回覆: 74
go

Singapore International School

發表於 11-11-21 13:36 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 11-11-21 23:03 |顯示全部帖子
考到入去至講啦

發表於 11-11-22 10:26 |顯示全部帖子
點解會咁想? 睇書睇到暈, 做gramma做到暈.... 一樣有測驗及考試... 一點都不輕鬆... !!!! 都係個句啦... 入到先算啦...

原帖由 meatloaf 於 11-11-21 13:36 發表
想問, SIS 學生 d 英文程度會吾會差過其他國際學校 ??

發表於 11-11-22 10:41 |顯示全部帖子
Going to SIS is no different from going to local school..  as a matter of fact, going to ANY IS is no different from going to LS.  There are still projects, assignments, reflective diary etc... just that students learn differently in comparison to IS.

Agree with other parents.... apply first and decide when they accept you.  It is very difficult to get in.  You are picking a school and the school is also picking you!

發表於 11-11-22 11:50 |顯示全部帖子
Agree with Lottieclee. It is very difficult to get in now. It is more hard to get into SIS than ESF in my opinion as the interview process in SIS is more selective.

發表於 11-11-22 12:34 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 11-11-22 12:36 |顯示全部帖子
咁相对地國語比一般IS好!

發表於 11-11-22 16:28 |顯示全部帖子
不是50:50.. 只有中文及游泳課是用PTH, 其他科亦全是英文的. 我真的不覺得學生的英文差, 反之我經常見小一, 小二學生書不離手, 手裡的小說還很厚... 這不是很好嗎?

發表於 11-11-22 17:28 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 11-11-22 17:41 |顯示全部帖子
You want to know the truth, you better see it with your eyes...e.g. by visiting their Open House. Your comment on SIS's English standard is biased and unfair.  

I had chances to come into contact with SIS students, through their Open House or school visits....on the other hand, my job lets me lots of chances to k.i.v of HK graduates' English standard...

I hate to say this but the truth is as far as I found out --- a P5 SIS student's both spoken and written English standard is higher than a HKU graduate --- believe it or not!

發表於 11-11-23 09:48 |顯示全部帖子
Agree with ikerberg. Anyone who wishes to know the standard of kids studying in SIS should SEE for herself what the school and kids there are like.

For those who have doubts about the school, they should not apply for it. Many other parents would be thankful. The no. of PY1 applicants for the next academic year has hit 4,000. And there are only 125 places.

發表於 11-11-23 10:17 |顯示全部帖子
oh... so scary??? 125 / 4000?  Though my eldest son has been lucky enough to have been admitted...I still have 2 smaller ones yet to go...

OMG

發表於 11-11-23 11:06 |顯示全部帖子
Hi ikerberg,

Cruel it may be, that's the reality. Siblings no longer have any priority, not even for kids of PTA members or staff. The only kids that have advantage over others are Singaporeans.

發表於 11-11-23 11:19 |顯示全部帖子
Just wondering where they Increased the no.of seat to 125 from 100? There were only 5 classes for the past two years? Please clarify me?

原帖由 Leisurefan 於 11-11-23 09:48 發表
Agree with ikerberg. Anyone who wishes to know the standard of kids studying in SIS should SEE for herself what the school and kids there are like.

For those who have doubts about the school, they sh ...

發表於 11-11-23 11:19 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 11-11-23 11:30 |顯示全部帖子
i think the only problem that you are not sure even if you see it with your own eyes is because of the reason you have pointed it out by yourself.....

發表於 11-11-23 11:38 |顯示全部帖子
If you have so much doubt about SIS, I guess this is not the right school for you.  May I suggest ESF, GSIS, FIS or CNDIS....etc, which you may feel more comfortable with.  Have you considered these?

[ 本帖最後由 KAKMAMA 於 11-11-23 11:44 編輯 ]

發表於 11-11-23 12:00 |顯示全部帖子
They offer 23 to 24 places in each class, so the approximate no. is 125.

Homework load in SIS is heavier than any other IS, but in no comparison to local schools. My P3 girl finishes her homework within an hour on average. Sometimes there is no homework. My P1 son is very relaxed. They have Chinese and English spelling tests every week but I never revise with them. They are both frantic about reading.

No problem of singlish at all with my kids or their friends. My kids speak with an American accent. Some of their classmates speak Singlish because they are Singaporeans.

My kids love going to school. Again, if any parent doesn't like to hear the slightest bit of Singlish, SIS is definitely not their cup of tea and they should not apply for it. Different parents and kids have different preferences. What is good for one may not be desirable for another. That's all I can say.

發表於 11-11-23 12:20 |顯示全部帖子
Leisure fan, good to hear from you.  My son is in PY1.  I just wish to know if it is true that siblings has no priority? And from which source you learnt the application number for PY1 being 4000?

發表於 11-11-23 12:36 |顯示全部帖子
People send their kids to SIS because they want their kids to learn English AND Chinese.  If you are concerned about English ONLY, then perhaps your kids should go to ESF and GSIS etc. as suggested by KAKMAMA.  

SIS is an excellent school which will give your kids a solid foundation.  The only drawback is of course the workload is heavy especially when your kids get to higher levels.  Some students can handle the workloads easily as in the case of Leisurefan's kids.  Others may find it difficult or even unbearable.  I guess it all depends on the abilities of the individual kids as well as their own expectation.  Do they want to come first in the class or the level?  Or are they happy as long as they don't do badly?   A lot of the times, it also has to do with the attitude and expectation of the parents.  

As with other languages, whether your English is good or not depends a lot on the amount of time you spend on it.  When I say time, I mean both the time you spend in school as well as the time when you are at home.  If a SIS kids does reading all the time, his English won't be any worse off than any student from another IS.  Reading is the determining factor.  In the long run, it's far more important than what they teach you in school.  

When you mentioned oral English, I guess you are concerned about Singlish.  It's not a problem.  This accent will go away as soon as your kid leaves the school.

原帖由 meatloaf 於 11-11-23 11:19 發表
I joined the open day, however my english is not good, so cannot access their student's english level.

I know they have many homework / test, but not mean their english level is good (LS also has man ...

[ 本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 11-11-23 12:38 編輯 ]