用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF 連in 都無得in!
樓主: haydeng
go

ESF 連in 都無得in!

發表於 12-2-3 16:29 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you very much for your detail explain, in due I very hope can apply TY ESF, but if WKS have a place, I also will accept. But seem the chance is small since fail in the 1st round.

發表於 12-2-3 16:41 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:Greentea3901 的帖子

Greentea, "But since 1st round offers have already gone out, you would probably be on waiting list even if you pass screening."

How do you know the 1st round offer have already gone?
I am in the 1st round but I have not received any mail from them after the play visit.

發表於 12-2-3 17:34 |顯示全部帖子
davidgorman 發表於 12-2-3 16:41
I am in the 1st round but I have not received any mail from them after the play visit ...
When was your play visit?

We received a reply from ESF TY Kindergarten 3 days after our play visit so it is not typical for them to delay. May be they already sent you a letter but was lost in the post due to a mis-written address or something, you should call the school to find out.

發表於 12-2-3 17:51 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:FattyDaddy 的帖子

My visit was done before CNY.

點評

FattyDaddy  You must give them a call  發表於 12-2-3 17:59

發表於 12-2-3 18:32 |顯示全部帖子
Greentea,
can we apply TY (since we gave up TY and join another queue), think we are obliged to apply one kinder only under the centralized system

發表於 12-2-4 00:05 |顯示全部帖子
zebramama 發表於 12-2-2 22:28
回復 do123alex 的帖子

hi,will they answer the questions?
zebramama, Are you Cat 1 or Cat 2? Did the play visit invitation letter mention anything about waitlist?

發表於 12-2-4 00:16 |顯示全部帖子
hi davidgorman,
my child is Cat 2, yes, the invitation letter mentioned that we are high on the waiting list, think you probably got the same, right?
may be from Day 1 our visit meant to verify whether we are successful to stay on the wait list or not?
how is your situation now?

發表於 12-2-4 05:10 |顯示全部帖子
Your play visit means that they are screening children to may sure their English is adequate for ESF curriculum.  And yes... If you pass screening then youcan staty on the wait list.  If you are high on the waiting list, chances are a space will free up pretty quickly for your child. It happens a lot.

And if you have given up your TY application and transferred it to WKS, you cannot go back to TY.  It doesn't work that way.

發表於 12-2-5 18:21 |顯示全部帖子
zebramama, you are right!

發表於 12-2-6 11:43 |顯示全部帖子
lottieclee,
Thanks for your advice, hope there is still chance after the 1st round :)

發表於 12-2-6 11:45 |顯示全部帖子
davidgorman,
Did u find out the situation?

發表於 12-2-6 15:59 |顯示全部帖子
zebramama 發表於 12-2-6 11:45
davidgorman,
Did u find out the situation?
I have nothing but waiting, ... so frustrated!

點評

FattyDaddy  Why don't you call them to find out? Asking the school beats asking people here  發表於 12-2-6 16:03

發表於 12-2-6 16:13 |顯示全部帖子
They put me into the wait list and they don't tell me my number in the list.

What can I do, FattyDaddy?

發表於 12-2-6 16:26 |顯示全部帖子
davidgorman 發表於 12-2-6 16:13
They put me into the wait list and they don't tell me my number in the list.

What can I do ...
So at least you know you're on their waiting list, there isn't much you can do except to wait.

You can apply for a job at ESF and if you become their employee they will give your child priority, but that is a long shot.

發表於 12-2-14 18:05 |顯示全部帖子
Will they send us a letter anyway as long as we made an application? I did not hear from them so far

發表於 12-2-16 15:05 |顯示全部帖子
As I know, play visits are still happening now at WKS, spaces are keep filling up by the applicant if got "pass" in their play visit.  That seems ppl who are on the wait list got to wait after all the play visits done, and those who needs to go for 2nd play visit will put at the bottom of the wait list if they got "pass".  
That is what I heard from my hubby.

發表於 12-2-16 23:46 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 12-2-16 23:49 編輯
misskwokwok 發表於 12-2-16 15:05
As I know, play visits are still happening now at WKS, spaces are keep filling up by the applicant i ...

From what I have gathered by reading current and older posts in this forum, it seems ESF often transfer applicants from their other kindergartens (e.g. Tsing Yi) to Wu Kai Sa, but never the other way round.

I suspect ESF do this for those applicants whom ESF do not wish to reject but perhaps think they will have lesser chances of being admitted to ESF primary schools later on, so ESF transfer them to WKS which is in the vicinity of Renaissance College, and expect them to enter Renaissance in 2 years time.

Renaissance do not categorize nor prioritize applicants into cat1 and cat2, they do not restrict applicants by catchment area, and they also have a policy of admitting at least 70% local residents, so the chances of these applicants being admitted to Renaissance might be higher.

發表於 12-2-17 00:09 |顯示全部帖子
fattydaddy, so is this implying that kids at WKS is less likely to receive offer from ESF primary , or i should say receive interview opportunity? so should i pick anfield instead of WKS if priority for interview is unlikely to happen?

發表於 12-2-17 00:40 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 12-2-17 00:56 編輯
slyma 發表於 12-2-17 00:09
fattydaddy, so is this implying that kids at WKS is less likely to receive offer from ESF primary ,  ...

It is only my suspicion and I have no proof whatsoever, nothing more than my deduction based on the fact that ESF often transfer kindergarten applicants to WKS but never the other way round.

ESF primary schools as well as ESL PIS schools (i.e. Renaissance College and Discovery College) will give interview priority to all ESF kindergarten students, including those from WKS, so ESF WKS still have an advantage over Anfield in this regard, but may be at the time of kindergarten intake, ESF already make some initial assessment and transfer some applicants to WKS because they think these applicants might be more suitable for Renaissance in 2 years time.

In any case, Renaissance is not a bad school, just aimed at a different market segment. For those parents who want their kids to have more exposure to Chinese, Renaissance is in fact a better choice.

發表於 12-2-17 09:57 |顯示全部帖子
回復 FattyDaddy 的帖子

I do not think that is the case.  The only reason for the transfer is the catchment area that has alot of CAT 1 families. Let's say Abacus, many "kwai lo" live in that area, and that is a small school (2am + 2pm).  Even some cat 1 might need to be on the wait list, so you will know what is happening on the cat 2, even sibling cat 2 applicants.  On the other hand, WKS is a big school (double) with less cat 1 family around. So that some applicants that are having priority for K1, such as cat 1 and sibling applicants will be transferred by this situation.
I believe that there is nothing about " initial assessment", "they will have lesser chances of being admitted to ESF primary schools later on"...esf always base on cat 1, cat 2, sibling and then random them within the pool.  How can they do assessment on the applicant without meeting them?  The application form which was quite simple.
For myself, I do think it as the other way round, that WKS is a big new school, for their first year, students has no priority for the esf  year 1 interview, the rate hitting year 1 was poor.  The school might wants to pull up the year 1 admission rate, that they might willing to revieve some siblings, cat 1 and english speaking applicants in order to hit the higher rate of the year 1 admission 2 years later .  As what I've seen and heard by myself, WKS has quite a lot applicants this year, but being honest, some applicants don't understand or speak english well.  I think that is the reason WKS wants to see more applicants in order to give offer to those who fulfil their basic requirements.  
Remember that, ESF doesn't teach english, but teach in english.  This is my sharing.