發表於 11-8-6 21:50 |顯示全部帖子
正為小兒選擇KV or KM而煩惱。各位KV/KM家長可提供意見嗎?
KV
1) 請問有冇普通話堂?
2) 一星期有多少英文堂? 時間多長?
KV各方面都好, 唯一擔心係language.
KM
1) 英普班係唔係冇廣東話老師? 英/普時間比例如何?
2) KM好似有Montessori.  請問課程有幾多係用Montessori?
KV/KM家長可唔可以分亨吓?
重有, 你地會點揀呀?
Thanks in advance!

醒目開學勳章 貢獻勳章

發表於 11-8-7 07:23 |顯示全部帖子
KM- K1應該未係pth老師做班主任,好似K2開始先係,你問清楚學校先!
KM- 唔係蒙校!以前聽過有家長分享,小朋友會有時間玩玩具,而d玩具就係蒙嘅教具,但我阿仔無提過呢樣嘢!
恐龍家

發表於 11-8-7 23:58 |顯示全部帖子
如果你一心想小朋友 language 好, 響家裡又比唔到語言環境, 又唔想額外花金錢學外語的話 (英普), 就不好選 KV 了. 因為KV 真的是沒有NET TEACHER, 沒有太多機會練習ORAL 的, 但除左呢樣外, 各方面都唔錯.

發表於 11-8-9 08:19 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 11-8-15 12:58 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks all!

小曳人,唔好意思,仲有小小問題關於KM.  佢地對升小一有乜支援?有冇模擬面試或訓練做卷? Thanks!

醒目開學勳章 貢獻勳章

發表於 11-8-15 13:59 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 nomadic 於 11-8-15 12:58 發表
Thanks all!

小曳人,唔好意思,仲有小小問題關於KM.  佢地對升小一有乜支援?有冇模擬面試或訓練做卷? Thanks!

乜都無!
恐龍家

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-8-15 18:16 |顯示全部帖子
KV 係K2學期尾會有1次 mock interview

發表於 11-8-16 07:29 |顯示全部帖子
Please check PM

原帖由 nomadic 於 11-8-6 21:50 發表
正為小兒選擇KV or KM而煩惱。各位KV/KM家長可提供意見嗎?
KV
1) 請問有冇普通話堂?
2) 一星期有多少英文堂? 時間多長?
KV各方面都好, 唯一擔心係language.
KM
1) 英普班係唔係冇廣東話老師? 英/普時間比例如何?
2)  ...

發表於 11-8-20 12:10 |顯示全部帖子
Hi nomadic,
Have you made up your mind yet?  We are still considering.  KV seems to be a "cool" and big school.  My boy is a small one and wonder if the teacher in KV will really care about him.  But it gets very good reputation and it will help us to apply for P1.  KM is a small and caring school and our offer is Eng/PTH that is very attractive as we cannot provide PTH language environment.  It's very difficult to make the decision.  Any comments pls?

發表於 11-8-22 00:49 |顯示全部帖子
Hi tseleebb,
I can share with you what I found out and my thinking so far.  First of all, I think both are good kindergartens so the kids will be ok going to either one.  It's just a difference in training he/she will get in school so don't feel you make a "wrong" decision.  There is no right or wrong.  If there is anything not going well in the chosen school, it may potential happen in the other un-chosen school as well.  So nothing to regret.   
- KV has longer history and better P1 allocation.  KV is one of the most preferred kindergartens so it will definitely attracted the best students.  The better P1 result should be the premium for a branded KG.  You will need to assess if your boy will be in the top 10 - 20 percent.  If not, there are also cases (the other 80% of the students) that does not have good P1 offer.  
- KV has about 20 mins English lesson daily (checked with KV).  So far I heard students' English vocab and pronouncation is good.  Oral/phonics may need to have additional training.
- So far comments are that both KV and KM students are studying happily in school.  I think it implies that teachers are caring and children friendly.  KV is more famous to train students to be diciplined and finish homework by themselves.
- Teacher to student ratio should be higher in KM from the data that I got so far. KM would be better for children that requires additional attention (e.g. shy and quiet students) as it has a smaller class and higher teacher to student ratio.  Student will have more chance to interact with teachers.  Similarly, teacher may affort to spend more time in individual if the child requires.
- KV will have PTH lesson starting K2 (once per week).  Additional training may be needed.  KM is having 2 PTH lessons per week starting K1 and PTH teacher starting K2.  
- KV has mock P1 interviews.  KM has no P1 mock interviews.  However, I think you can attend interview classes if you really believe in interview trainings.  
Afterall, it really depends on the character of your son.  Find the school that fits him the best so he can get most out of the 3 year's KG training rather than looking for the "best" school.  There is no "best" school as we are comparing apple to orange.  BTW, is your son an existing KM student?  If so, you may want to consider that transitioning to another school may take the kid another month or so to settle down.   He may be more comfortable and happy to continue in the same school.  
I guess you have also done some research and may know the above already.  Not sure if it helps but I hope this summary helps your decision making (and mine as well!).  
Good luck and cheers!

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-8-22 19:44 |顯示全部帖子
KV K1 都有分大細仔班, 我女係大仔班, 有成 32人一班, 另有朋友仔係細仔班. 佢果班得24人架咋...

原帖由 tseleebb 於 11-8-20 12:10 發表
Hi nomadic,
Have you made up your mind yet?  We are still considering.  KV seems to be a "cool" and big school.  My boy is a small one and wonder if the teacher in KV will really care about him.  But ...

發表於 11-8-23 02:11 |顯示全部帖子
Km: K2 and k3 International classes hv one net and one native pth teacher.   K1 each class has a cantonese speaking and a NET. Sports day, picnic and graduation ceremony are held every year, but kv has no such activities.
Km's Teachers are easily approachable.

發表於 11-8-23 05:42 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 10# nomadic 的文章

Hi nomadic,
Thank you so much for your detailed analysis.  My boy's character is not shy nor quiet, but may be a bit active and talkative (ask many que).  I'm a bit concerned if KV teacher will bear with him. My target primary schools are Paul's Boys, YW, 高主教.  Anyone know that how many KV students will get into these schools every year?

Does anyone know if KV teacher is easily approachable?

發表於 11-8-23 05:49 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 11# zoesychan 的文章

Hi zoesychan,  謝謝你的資料,但我有的是後補位,唔知會唔會是大仔唔讀,我直接填補。我可能太"驚青",但今時今日做媽咪真係唔易。

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-8-23 20:30 |顯示全部帖子
我係自己揍返/放學, 日日都見到班主任, 好好傾
另你有問題可夾紙仔係手冊, 老師會打tel比你
老師sat am 都會係學校, 可以約佢地係tel 傾小朋友既野.

原帖由 tseleebb 於 11-8-23 05:42 發表
Hi nomadic,
Thank you so much for your detailed analysis.  My boy's character is not shy nor quiet, but may be a bit active and talkative (ask many que).  I'm a bit concerned if KV teacher will bear w ...

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-8-23 20:32 |顯示全部帖子
kv 有sports day
不過家長無得 join 之ma..

原帖由 curtislee 於 11-8-23 02:11 發表
Km: K2 and k3 International classes hv one net and one native pth teacher.   K1 each class has a cantonese speaking and a NET. Sports day, picnic and graduation ceremony are held every year, but kv ha ...