用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 9月入KCIS的家長,入來交流下喇
樓主: elsiewky
go

9月入KCIS的家長,入來交流下喇

發表於 11-9-7 10:55 |顯示全部帖子
My son will be joining KCIS KG next week.  Very excited.  He enjoys speaking in English and loves activity-based learning.  I believe KCIS will be his cup of tea.

發表於 11-9-7 11:04 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# MewB 的文章

Hi MewB

Did you go for the interview yesterday? We went too and also get accepted. Will be joining KCIS next Mon

Cheers

發表於 11-9-7 14:27 |顯示全部帖子
Hi MewB and DoReMi 2008,

Could you gals please share your experience in attending the interview?? Will the school inform you the result right after the interview?

Many thanks.

發表於 11-9-7 18:02 |顯示全部帖子
MewB and DoReMi 2008,

Hi,好開心兩個都收左,你們是上午定下午班? 是咩班? 會否做同學仔? 我仔仔返左幾日KCIS,回家當我用英文問他野時,他也會嘗試用英文句子回答我, 真係好大的進步 !

希望大家多D一齊分享一下呀!

發表於 11-9-7 19:17 |顯示全部帖子
While my son started school for less than a week, I can notice his improvement in English and his interests in reading. He enjoys going to school everyday.

發表於 11-9-7 19:30 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 3# iamworkingmama 的文章

Hi,

It was a simple interview eg story telling, toys to play and small chat with the parent. Exactly what was mentioned by elsiewky in the earlier discussion. You will get the result the same day or maybe the next day.

發表於 11-9-7 19:43 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 3# elsiewky 的文章

Hi,

Nice to meet you here. We just went through the last minute interview on this Tue and got the PM offered on the same day. I actually put in the application quite late (Aug last year) so I was surprised that we still can get the chance for the interview. ^_^

發表於 11-9-8 11:10 |顯示全部帖子
I am not surprised especially for international schools when parents need to relocate to other countries/regions (including China, Singapore, etc) because of their jobs. Hence, spaces will come up in last minutes or even in the middle of academic year.

發表於 11-9-8 11:29 |顯示全部帖子
想問你地係咪會比佢响kcis讀小學呀?

發表於 11-9-8 11:36 |顯示全部帖子

回復 3# DoReMi2008 的帖子

Hi,

You're so lucky ! Hope your son like KCIS.

發表於 11-9-8 11:39 |顯示全部帖子

回復 2# monchuBB 的帖子

Yes, Must.

發表於 11-9-8 12:15 |顯示全部帖子
好羡慕各位!希望我都有咁既機會

發表於 11-9-8 14:41 |顯示全部帖子
In view of its strong emphasis of both English and Chinese, affordable school fees, growing student body and improving track record, KCIS is not a bad choice.

I would like my son to study in KCIS throughout his entire primary school years.

:)

原帖由 monchuBB 於 11-9-8 11:29 發表
想問你地係咪會比佢响kcis讀小學呀?

發表於 11-9-8 16:16 |顯示全部帖子
Hi there,
I had a formal and strict interview at the end of Aug.  Got an offer on the same day.  That was not easy.  Interviewer kept  asking Q to kid & parents.
I think the school is quite good except school bus service that's always delay.
My girl is in KG1 now.  How about yours?

發表於 11-9-8 17:00 |顯示全部帖子
Hi KCIS parents,

I would like to apply KG1 for my girl. Can I submit the application by mail ? Or need to submit in person? Thanks!

發表於 11-9-8 20:47 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 2# Arcana 的文章

My is a girl too. She will start with KG PM on coming Monday.

How about yours? Has she managed to start on Sept 1? Is she on AM or PM?

I have to inform the current kinder of my daughter. Just don't know what would be the best way to tell the kinder.

Agreed with you that the problem of the school bus. Even the the admin of KCIS mentioned to me that my girl will definitely be late to school for at least 15min everyday. Hope she won't miss out too much on class.

發表於 11-9-8 21:01 |顯示全部帖子

回復 7# elsiewky 的帖子

I hope my girl will like this school because she is like a boy, too much energy and never stop. Hope KCIS can give her more freedom to explore.

Me too feel more comfortable of the language environment because I speak and read to her in Mandarin. I felt a bit odd in the orientation of her current school because everything was in Cantonese.

Actually, do you know what is the daily activities of your son in school? I hope I haven't missed out a lots from the orientation.

發表於 11-9-9 10:05 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 DoReMi2008 於 11-9-8 20:47 發表
My is a girl too. She will start with KG PM on coming Monday.

How about yours? Has she managed to start on Sept 1? Is she on AM or PM?

I have to inform the current kinder of my daughter. Just don' ...

Mine is in pm session.
She has started since 1 Sep.

Regarding the delay of school bus, it’s really a problem in studying.
Much time is wasted in traffic.
School hour is shortened.
None of school buses arrive on time.
Normally, bus students reach their classrooms at 14:00.
My daughter experiences the worst case because her school bus is always delayed and her bus nanny sends her to classroom on 1/F after all bus students (who belong to local section) enter their classrooms on 1/F and 2/F.
She is required to unnecessarily visit many classrooms and walk up and down the stairs.
She reaches her classroom (after the “campus tour”) around 14:15.
The school bus always goes to the pick-up point late by 30 minutes.
I once saw the bus reached North Point around 14:30.
I do think the school bus section must do something to correct the problem.

發表於 11-9-9 15:16 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 58# Arcana 的文章

Acrana, my son will take the Route H pm school bus from the coming Monday.  The school told me he will arrive at the classroom 15 min late., i.e. 1:45 p.m.  As u see, is this the real case ?

I also met Mrs Sen, my son's classmistress today when she was teaching the a.m. session.  It appears that she is not so cheerful-looking.  Anybody knows do the kids enjoy learning with Mrs Sen ?

Thanks a lot !

發表於 11-9-9 15:50 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 59# MewB 的文章

I saw the first school bus reached the school after 1:45.  They spent a lot of time for getting off, lining up, and going up stairs.  The 1st batch of bus children entered the classroom around 2pm.  These days, bus F arrived our pick-up point around 1:45.  But, the scheduled pick-up time is 1:10.  Today, other parent who was staying at the school just told me the bus F reached the school at 2:30pm.

Your son will be my daughter’s classmate.  Mrs Sen is nice and patient.  My daughter enjoys going to school.