搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 呂大樂:培養精英──名校之思考
樓主: yanyimama
go

呂大樂:培養精英──名校之思考 [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 11-6-8 11:10 |只看該作者
hi Tommy,

過譽啦!愚見認為學語文最重要係引發興趣,大部份小朋友均喜歡電影,可嘗試由全英卡通片開始,再看該卡通片既書,推介迪士尼電影,例如反斗奇兵,最後目標係小朋友會以此語文作為學習工具。

原帖由 Tommy 於 11-6-7 21:47 發表
pingoj, Yau_Cheung,

嘩!您地囝囝好叻呀!多謝您地既意見和個案分享,您地既經驗對家有男生的家長非常有用。總之,無得抵賴,只要肯努力,必定有成果。可惜我家的男孩遲起步,我又無您地咁勤力,所以佢地已經錯過了最佳的時機,現在 ...

62#
發表於 11-6-8 11:15 |只看該作者
其實我也同意單靠閱讀提升寫作水準是不足夠的,愚見認為寫作都係熟能生巧,要寫得多就會寫得較快、寫得較好,若有老師/高人指點更事半功倍。

原帖由 ANChan59 於 11-6-7 21:48 發表
你真係 "打交未贏過、哎交未輸過。"  

63#
發表於 11-6-8 11:28 |只看該作者
原帖由 Yau_Cheung 於 11-6-8 11:15 發表
其實我也同意單靠閱讀提升寫作水準是不足夠的,愚見認為寫作都係熟能生巧,要寫得多就會寫得較快、寫得較好,若有老師/高人指點更事半功倍。

I didn't try to step down the "Reading", but highlight the big picture only.

Small group writing class helps my son to sharpen different writing skills and styles. I can see his language improvement (English and Chinese) in the last two years and will be fine in IBDP.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

64#
發表於 11-6-8 13:07 |只看該作者

回覆 63# ANChan59 的文章

I strongly agree that writing is as important as reading.  To motivate young kids (especially boys) to write, I start with diary, then book summary and fantasy story.

This is what I have done for the past few years with my son.  He now writes very fast and his works is in a much better shape.

65#
發表於 11-6-8 13:11 |只看該作者
Thanks ANCHan59 & cherubic, 又學到野。

66#
發表於 11-6-8 13:29 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sumyeema1 於 11-6-8 13:11 發表
Thanks ANCHan59 & cherubic, 又學到野。

You are welcome.

I won't say my case is perfect, more cases, more choices, mix and match .......... may achieve something best fit our kids.

We should be open-minded to learn from each other.

67#
發表於 11-6-8 13:59 |只看該作者

回覆 65# Sumyeema1 的文章

I do not have any particular good method, I'm just trying to share my case.  "Young kids" here refers to those below 10 years old.  Also, parents need to set an example, like reading, we should show to our kids we write as well.  When my son was 6, we started writing stories together, I wrote 1 page with picture as illustration, and then he wrote his page.  That's really fun.

68#
發表於 11-6-8 14:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 eviepa 於 11-6-7 21:09 發表
在香港,有多少家長認為不需怎樣閱讀,只憑做練習及寫作練習就可以寫出好文?數量有如恆河沙數。這是主流。香港大部分家長都認為閱讀是可有可無的,做練習才是硬道理。

My observations are opposite to yours. Most parents do know the importance of reading.
However, doing exercise is a short cut of getting high marks especially in the primary stage. Therefore, most parents will let or force their kids to do exercises instead of reading if they have to choose one.

I have said in this forum that I had never read English books (other than the text books) during my primary and secondary schools life. I was a victim of doing exercises and focusing on grammar. I used to think that grammar rules must be strictly followed. Now, when I encounter sentences violating the gamma rules, I may google it.

For example, there is a rule that "For two-syllable adjectives ending in a consonant + y, we change the y to i and add –er and –est. For two-syllable adjectives that do not end in a consonant plus y, we use more plus the adjective to form the comparative and the most to form the superlative."
happy -> happier
modern -> more modern

However, we cannot say "more healthy" is incorrect.

[ 本帖最後由 cow 於 11-6-8 14:14 編輯 ]

69#
發表於 11-6-8 14:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 cow 於 11-6-8 14:09 發表

My observations are opposite to yours. Most parents do know the importance of reading.
However, doing exercise is a short cut of getting high marks especially in the primary stage. Therefore, most p ...

細仔都唔知系邊樹學返來, 我見佢竟然將成篇英文打入去google it.  竟然進化到完全唔使查單字, 我都諗緊甘攪法是福是禍

70#
發表於 11-6-8 21:07 |只看該作者

回復 54# eviepa 的帖子

eviepa,

同您傾計就好似同個老友傾計咁,點解您可以甚麼私隱都公開架?

「文憑試那篇論述男生不如女生的範文」我無睇過,不過在工作上遇到的年青畢業女生又真係好勁,入職時可以比男生出息,但持久力就好似仍然是男生優勝。

如果您細佬從中四開始就每日溫習四十五分鐘,從不間斷,我好驚訝他的毅力。通常呢D都係三分鐘熱度,好快就會斷纜,其實每天四十五分鐘溫習絕不容易,所以我問他如何克服中間的困難?如果佢沒有一位女孩子或一位良師的鼓勵,單憑他對您的承諾和自省,佢真係好厲害,甚至比您更厲害。因為讀書本來就是您的興趣和專長,溫習和讀書對您來講是享受,但對他來講,初頭的一段日子就好像戒毒癮咁難受。

Tommy

71#
發表於 11-6-8 21:20 |只看該作者
原帖由 eviepa 於 11-6-7 21:59 發表
Tommy,

我有三個朋友以閱讀為主力的,三個都是由幼稚園開始。全部都是英文了得。三個朋友中,只有一個稱得上是老友。

說來很巧合,這個老友的性格、能力都和我相近。連同教仔都和我有九成相似,都是選擇新概念學校,輕輕鬆鬆 ...

我的孩子已經錯過了最佳的時機,無話可說。

他們同樣偏愛知識性和實用性的書,例如果期鍾意玩槍就睇好多槍械的書;果期鍾意養狗,就睇好多狗書,好深的甚至未必睇得明的佢地都頂得住,而且記憶可以好深,但就唔會睇您地列出來果堆英文書。

Tommy

72#
發表於 11-6-8 21:22 |只看該作者
原帖由 eviepa 於 11-6-7 23:09 發表

Tommy,

我相信,When to read及 What to read具普遍性,是所有家長都要守著的基本原則。但 How to read則應是不同小孩有不同做法的,很難一蓋而論。

我最想知果樣您就話很難一蓋而論,真係比您吹帳。

73#
發表於 11-6-8 22:15 |只看該作者

回覆 60# csy_ma 的文章

csy_ma,

小兒「聽」英文和「講」都ok,但「寫」和「閱讀」就較弱。「寫」我並不擔心,基本上要訓練英文寫作能力,甚麼年紀開始都無問題,只要寫得多就自然純熟,我都係出來做事後用得多才寫得較流暢。但錯過了「閱讀」的先機,就較難補救。

佢地學校並唔著重文法訓練,最近我都比佢地做左一本Tenses的練習,都追得到,基本上無大問題。

「跟她一起做,不用筆,只用口」呢個方法很好呀!無咁悶、有互動、有交流、又省時,我會試試。

「中文的考題如段義」雖然似是而非,但我倒覺得呢d訓練幾有用,這就是我想知的How to read?  我都試過一知半解地和孩子練習撮要段義。

我諗佢地唔需要參加英文話劇/講故事班了,其實佢地唔怕英文,只係「閱讀」這個範疇較弱。大仔明年可以選科,佢就正正選了較冷門的Drama。細仔的興趣同樣另類,最近迷上了夾Band,日日係度自彈自唱,又經常上YouTube睇人彈結他。最近學校老師比機會佢地上台表演,第一次上台夾Band,獻唱了 21 Guns,佢獲得台下的掌聲和部份女同學的呼叫,這對他有很大的鼓舞。他們的表演獲得認同,老師再次安排他們於「謝師宴」和畢業典禮上再次表演,今次他將會登上「大專會堂」表演呀!希望正如您所講:「夾Band的和玩話劇的都唔會太無腦!」

Tommy

74#
發表於 11-6-8 22:35 |只看該作者
原帖由 Yau_Cheung 於 11-6-8 11:10 發表
hi Tommy,

過譽啦!愚見認為學語文最重要係引發興趣,大部份小朋友均喜歡電影,可嘗試由全英卡通片開始,再看該卡通片既書,推介迪士尼電影,例如反斗奇兵,最後目標係小朋友會以此語文作為學習工具。

Yau_Cheung,

其實我的孩子今年已經就讀中二和小六,佢地已經幾成熟,唔會再睇卡通片架喇!不過佢地真係好鍾意睇電影,多到我要限制佢地唔比睇咁多,佢地而加睇的電影都係大電影,上星期連有線重播的God Father都睇埋。

問題就在這裡,您比本God Father佢睇,肯定佢睇一頁就訓覺;您比本Winnie the Pool佢睇,佢又覺得低B。所以而加要揾佢地有興趣又符合佢地英文程度的書真係幾難。

Tommy

75#
發表於 11-6-8 22:38 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

76#
發表於 11-6-8 22:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 stccmc 於 11-6-8 22:38 發表

Tommy,

I think extensive reading is a prerequisite for good writing.

Understood.  That's why I'm very much concerned about their reading skill.  Training in Grammar will facilitate the accuracy and the speed but not the core content of the articles.

77#
發表於 11-6-8 23:13 |只看該作者
想借此講一下從IB老師中聽到關於中文英文的說法。以前曾想過本地學校生高中時是否有能力以英文為language A, 中文為language B.現在聽説是有一點難度。

如果以中文為L A其實會與大陸生比,如果想以英文為 L A,真要中小學努力了,因這科是文學,要做文學分析.

78#
發表於 11-6-8 23:33 |只看該作者
原帖由 mattsmum 於 11-6-8 23:13 發表
想借此講一下從IB老師中聽到關於中文英文的說法。以前曾想過本地學校生高中時是否有能力以英文為language A, 中文為language B.現在聽説是有一點難度。

如果以中文為L A其實會與大陸生比,如果想以英文為 L A,真要中 ...

Talked to my son's IB English teacher in March, my son must opt for A after studying English for more than 5 years. His choice will be HL or SL and even at A, he can select literature or literature & language (less literature, more language applications).

If he picks B, he needs to sit for iELTS to prove his English proficency.

He is fine in Chinese, he will pick A, SL.

79#
發表於 11-6-9 00:06 |只看該作者
四開始就每日溫習四十五分鐘,從不間斷,我好驚訝他的毅力。通常呢D都係三分鐘熱度,好快就會斷纜,其實每天四十五分鐘溫習絕不容易,所以我問他如何克服中間的困難?如果佢沒有一位女孩子或一位良師的鼓勵,單憑他對您的承諾和自省,佢真係好厲害,甚至比您更厲害。因為讀書本來就是您的興趣和專長,溫習和讀書對您來講是享受,但對他來講,初頭的一段日子就好像戒毒癮咁難受。

Tommy,

不要高估我,也不要低估我弟弟。其實以讀書的素質來說,我們兩兄弟是差不多的。

高中時,我數學強,中史強,不用花很多時間便能取好成績。中文有多年大量閱讀的老本可以吃,不用怎樣理會。花得最多溫書時間是世史地理兩科。我喜歡讀這兩科,但只因是用英文讀,根本是極為痛苦的。每次溫書都要用相當強的意志力才能撐得下去,並非興趣。

我弟弟也和我一樣,都是一心想讀好書,每天「平均」溫書45分鐘(注意是平均每天45分,而不是每天45分)還是心甘情願的。起初,他做到了這個「業績」,自己覺得不夠,覺得自己懶惰。但我卻鼓勵他,肯定他的努力,他便一往無悔地實行下去了。

Tommy,想你也讀書不少吧,知道天天溫習45分鐘是件難事。讀書比我少的二姐,當年覺得每天溫書45分是絕對不夠的,對我有很大意見,不過因為弟弟在我手中,所以她根本無法插手。弟弟中四中期試成績出來後,對著一個難以致信的成績,我二姐才無話可說。這許多個年頭以來,無論我和弟弟怎麼說,我二姐總不相信每天45分鐘的威力。她壓根兒不相信我弟弟只是平均每天溫書45分鐘。

80#
發表於 11-6-9 09:19 |只看該作者

回覆 2# ANChan59 的文章

dear ANChan59,

your child is a great student and can op for language A /A for chinese/english.

Language A means " this is my mother tougue, give me a piece of literature and I will analyse for you". only some students in LS can achieve such level, just like only a few students would take Eng lit. in our school days.

so getting children to be equiped with higher language ability is a must if IB route is choosen, and as the teacher said: reading from a young age and reading a lot is a must.

to faciliate children to be familiar with Eng. lit., these IB schools would teach mid-summer nights dream/ Romeo and Julie / holes since year 7, by that time, children are expected to be good at the language and do not spent too much time to learn grammer.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題