43#
發表於 11-2-21 11:54 |只看該作者
原帖由 victorf 於 11-2-21 11:15 發表
網上睇過一篇不錯的分析...共勉之...
http://find-kindergarten.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-post_30.html

victorf:

謝謝你的分享—希望家長不要以「錯誤的尺」來評核及抨擊有心為香港教育打開另一條路的新直資及家長。

其中節錄一段留言,正正反映自己身為家長的心聲:
「…香港有不同的學校,有些學校重視會考成績,有些是重視學生本質的培養,家長便可以以自己的期望,和觀察子女的特性,而去為他們選學校。重要的是,不要先想要啟發性學習,同時又要學術比其他學校深,又或到最後才轉型,學生也是受不了的。 」

在女兒成長的過程中,我和太太發現女兒是屬於「愛發問型」、「愛探求知識型」的小朋友,我們就是不想女兒行自己的舊路(入名校-->接受填鴨式教育-->每天十幾樣功課-->天天操練考試技巧-->會考/高考成績優異-->入HKU),期望女兒除了foundation之外,更養成熱衷探求知識、正確價值、世界觀的特質。這才是教育的真義所在。

順道恭喜你,能夠成功入讀很多家長夢寐以求的學校。

[ 本帖最後由 littlefaith 於 11-2-21 12:03 編輯 ]

44#
發表於 11-2-21 11:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 mscmit 於 11-2-21 11:47 發表
JacobMM講的話並非全對,她所講的有些(如評分級數、學生日誌等)是錯的(已有真道家長指出,不重覆),請明察。

在另一個討論,也有人認同和信JacobMM的話。
而妳的話就對,吾通又是陰謀論

45#
發表於 11-2-21 12:05 |只看該作者
原帖由 Tobymm 於 11-2-21 11:59 發表

在另一個討論,也有人認同和信JacobMM的話。
而妳的話就對,吾通又是陰謀論

我也認為Jacob媽有關真道的分享有偏頗差誤的地方,作為真道家長,是應該指正的。(請參閱本人較早前的分享)

46#
發表於 11-2-21 12:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 littlefaith 於 11-2-21 11:54 發表

victorf:

謝謝你的分享—希望家長不要以「錯誤的尺」來評核及抨擊有心為香港教育打開另一條路的新直資及家長。

其中節錄一段留言,正正反映自己身為家長的心聲:
「…香港有不同的學校,有些學校重視會考成績,有些是重視 ...

始終無一間學校在各方面都係完美的...

了解自己孩子在所讀學校成長的"強弱危機",針對缺乏的並自行補足, 會係較現實的辨法
Hi! 我有兩隻化骨龍!

47#
發表於 11-2-21 14:30 |只看該作者
I agree with Naurto that "最後得出推論是: 同班同學每科成績幾年後的差異可能會變得很大的. 反而傳统學校差異沒有這麼大".

There are no problems for the top students. They are comparible to most elite schools. That's why you saw extremely different comments about Logos from the parents.

48#
發表於 11-2-21 14:59 |只看該作者
這樣真道是否適合一些知優學生就讀,不是適合普通小朋友。這是可能的,因為丘校長兩位公子都是知優生,所以他辦學理念,是他教他小朋友而得出來。這樣我的小朋友

49#
發表於 11-2-21 15:39 |只看該作者
原帖由 mscmit 於 11-2-21 11:47 發表
JacobMM講的話並非全對,她所講的有些(如評分級數、學生日誌等)是錯的(已有真道家長指出,不重覆),請明察。

Please do investigate before making any accusation, from establishment to the School Year 2006 to 2007, Logos used Grade 1(highest) to Grade 4(lowest) to assess their students.  The system of using Grade 1(lowest) to Grade 7(highest) was launched  since 2007.

For this I think Brother Cow and  軒mother can verify.

50#
發表於 11-2-21 16:25 |只看該作者
Yes, previous was 1-4, now is 1-7. That shows JacobMM's kid has left Logos for a few years. All the comments given by JacobMM applied to her kid is beliverable.

Some comments did not apply to other kids. For example, some could change to other very good schools with no need to repeat. I know at least one even 跳班.

51#
發表於 11-2-21 17:54 |只看該作者

回覆 50# cow 的文章

從 cow 的說話,可以肯定差異很大。有些轉校要repeat, 有些可以跳班...

52#
發表於 11-2-22 09:11 |只看該作者
One thing to point out that some chose to repeat in an elite school instead of normall promoting to another less well-known school.

原帖由 victorf 於 11-2-21 12:45 發表
始終無一間學校在各方面都係完美的...
了解自己孩子在所讀學校成長的"強弱危機",針對缺乏的並自行補足, 會係較現實的辨法

That's true. Some came from elite schools to Logos and some went to eltie schools from Logos. Different students need different schools. Just make sure what kind of students your kids are.

53#
發表於 11-2-22 10:05 |只看該作者
Hi JacobMM
經過多次討論後,証明妳的說話全是真實的,Hi JacobMM多謝妳旦誠說出真道的問題,勇於和其他家長討論。使我和其他家長更深入了解真道。知道那類小孩能在真道讀和可以愉快中學習,再次謝謝。
這是第一次看到有關真道討論有結果,其他次次都是火爆收場和不了了知。

54#
發表於 11-2-22 12:41 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

55#
發表於 11-2-23 00:03 |只看該作者
After attending the open classes last Thursday, it did shed some light on Logos and I have the following thoughts:

1.  activity-based learning/ 愉快中學習 does not equate mere having fun at class but learn nothing or slow learning.
2. I don't think that a school including DSS or traditional one would be stupid to give the student with no standard to follow and just let them freely swing during their school life.
3.  Logos parent would also know the progress of their children's learning by various ways e.g. open classes, notes / handouts, supplementary grammar book / exercise and check directly with the teacher and the children.
4. I would not believe that a school or teacher, including DSS or traditional one, would be so unrealistic to have no demand / expectation on their student's learning outcome including result at public exams.  However, activity-based school may not so emphaize it on appearance as it is their belief that good marks =\= good learning.
5.  I don't think that activity-based learning necessarily implies poor public exam results or academic standard.  Good result could be achieved from 愉快中學習.
6. Public exam result is only one part of a student's learning process.  To build up the ability to score good marks in public exam is good but what's more important things that a parent would like their children to learn at school?  the ability to 自學,自省, 自理, good interpersonal skills, to enjoy and appreciate learning as part of their life.
7.  愉快學習 is suitable for all kinds of children

No one would want their child to end up with high academic qualification but get no jobs after over 200 job interviews due to poor communication & interpersonal skills, lack of confidence and lack of the ability to trumph over difficulties in life.

On the other hand, no parent would want their child to have poor academic result despite he/she possessing the above qualities.

Do you agree?

[ 本帖最後由 stseng 於 11-2-23 00:16 編輯 ]

56#
發表於 11-2-23 08:47 |只看該作者
原帖由 stseng 於 11-2-23 00:03 發表
After attending the open classes last Thursday, it did shed some light on Logos and I have the following thoughts:

1.  activity-based learning does not equate mere having fun at class but learn nothi ...

Hi stseng

Good analysis.  Every road lead to Roman.   There is no such thing as a SURE WIN education system or learning path.  Parents choose the best for their kids.  I think as long as you have a clear understanding with the school system, the method and cope well with you kid then go for it.  Especially after you have attend the open class, you will have a better understanding on the school Parents in the forum would like to share and help but the final decision still lies in your hand.

Still a couple of months away.  still have some times to have a thorough thinking

57#
發表於 11-2-23 09:49 |只看該作者
上午抽空去小学部听了一堂公开课,起场面之宏大是在内地不常见的。一个大礼堂、三块大屏幕,多部摄像机,正前面坐着DS3Y班的三十几位学生,后面是近一百为家长和老师,边上还有一些准备仪器的工作人员。授课的是一位四五十岁的男老师,教授的是科学课,教师的教学语言和所有的教学资料都是英语。45分钟之后,学生退场,教师和家长之间的对话由此开始。由于双方都用广东话交流,我听得不是很清楚,但是从当时的气氛中多少可以猜测大自内容。家长对教师的质疑和不满表露无遗,一个个尖锐的问题问得教师几乎招架不住。这就是真道书院的公开课,我禁不住有点纳闷。就今天该老师的上课表现来看,确实存在些许问题,比如课堂不够紧凑,在学生发言是没有兼顾其他同学等。可是谁又能保证每堂课都近乎完美呢?谁能做到在一堂课上照顾到每位学生呢?回办公室后,我们也开展了讨论。一些老教师告诉我,以前的公开课中,不乏被家长问哭的教师。很多家长自诩为博士、专家,在课后会毫不留情地横加指责,带给教师巨大的打击,以至于他们很难再自信走上讲台。如果公开课会造成这样的结果,那么又有何意义呢?
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4a60b64e0100biqq.html

58#
發表於 11-2-23 10:27 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

59#
發表於 11-2-23 11:03 |只看該作者
Last thursday I did not see this - "家长对教师的质疑和不满表露无遗,一个个尖锐的问题问得教师几乎招架不住"  

The teachers were patient in answering parents' questions and the parents were as normal as me.

原帖由 cow 於 11-2-23 09:49 發表
上午抽空去小学部听了一堂公开课,起场面之宏大是在内地不常见的。一个大礼堂、三块大屏幕,多部摄像机,正前面坐着DS3Y班的三十几位学生,后面是近一百为家长和老师,边上还有一些准备仪器的工作人员。授课的是一位四五十岁的 ...

60#
發表於 11-2-23 11:36 |只看該作者

回覆 57# cow 的文章

Cow, very appreciate your sharing and appreciate you much as you are a 真道 teacher .  I absolutely beleive 公开课 will let teachers a lot of pressure. I beleive it is merely a show. As you mentioned, (。很多家长自诩为博士、专家,在课后会毫不留情地横加指责,带给教师巨大的打击,以至于他们很难再自信走上讲台), some parents and even students do not respect teachers. Finally, headmaster is a boss and students is a customer. Teachers are the one who suffer pressure both from headmaster and students (customers). Again, I absolutely agree that we should respect teacher.......
‹ 上一主題|下一主題